BootsnAll Travel Network



6 days left

San Francisco and New Mexico were great learning experiences. I learned that I need to pay attention to the little important details on the tickets and in the terminals. On my flight to San Francisco, I entered the wrong terminal because I wasn’t paying attention to my gate number and I just went through the security station next to where I got my ticket. All was good because I just had to take a creepy underground pathway from the wrong terminal to the correct one. This wasn’t dark and damp creepy either, it was mental hospital white creepy which I think was a thousand times worse. Security was also a nuisance to get through mainly because I had two backpacks with me and I had a lot of things to take off. All n’ All I had three cubby things with my stuff in it and two backpacks to collect after I passed through security. Imagine me with a dumbfounded look on my face trying to figure out how to get all my stuff at one time and move to the side of the building. Also imagine all my stuff taking up 7 ft of room on the belt and a line forming behind me. Oh joy… I decided my best option was to just shove all my electronics in my backpack, swing my packs over my shoulder, and scoop up all my cloths (jackets, belts, shoes) I was a mess; my feet were cold, my pants were sagging, I was unstable with all the stuff unevenly distributed in my arms and on my back, the first decent spot I found that was out of everyones way I drop my stuff and got dressed and packed. Final learning experience from SF was riding the BART. Lets just say I need to pay attention to detail. My destination was Walnut Creek, I get down the escalators and look at the signs. One says “Millbrae/SFO” and the other says “East Bay”. And what is waiting on the East Bay side? BART. So? I hopped on and that was that. But it really wasn’t because I ended up in Pleasanton instead of Walnut Creek. It’s all good because I wonderful cousins gave me a ride from the Pleasanton station.

New Mexico wasn’t much of a travel learning experience for me but it was quite fun and entertaining. Oh, actually I learned to keep a form of identification on me at all times.

Things I learned:

1. Pay attention to gate numbers

2. Pay attention to station signs and maps

3. Dress and pack simply because I will make traveling easier

4. Always have a form of identification on you



Tags:

2 responses to “6 days left”

  1. Jess says:

    Don’t forget, “It’s impossible to be discreet about lighting fireworks behind a hotel and next to a highway.”

  2. peacedom says:

    Yes. Yes.

    5. It’s impossible to be discreet when lighting giant fireworks behind a hotel and next to the freeway.

    thanks for reminding me

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *