BootsnAll Travel Network



Top Five: Portugal Travel Blogs

For a small country, Portugal certainly packs a punch. Miles of pristine beaches, cliffs and coves coupled with the rivers, valleys and forests found in the lush countryside. Whatever you fancy, Portugal is sure to please.

Lisbon is the capital of Portugal and an interesting stop. The city has everything you would expect from a European capital but hasn’t lost any of its historic appeal, despite The Great Earthquake of 1755 which destroyed several of the most iconic buildings. Several buildings from Portugal’s golden age did survive the earthquake so stop by to admire the Castelo de São Jorge and the Monastery of Jerónimos at Belém.

Porto is the second largest city in Portugal, situated on the north west side of the country and at the mouth of the River Douro. Take a trip on the river to see a different side to the city. If you’re a lover of port wine then Vila Nova de Gaia offers boundless opportunities to travel around the region’s top notch port lodges on wine tastings and tours.

The Algarve is a well known area of Portugal, best known for its postcard perfect beaches and coastline which stretches all the way down to the border with Spain. As well as the popular tourist areas there are plenty of opportunities to escape the beaten track and discover some more tranquil areas.

If you are planning a trip to Portugal, or are simply thinking about a visit, have a look at some of the top travel blogs which inspire and give you first hand experiences of this European destination.

Go Lisbon
http://www.golisbon.com/
Recommended by ‘The Times’ newspaper, ‘New York’ magazine, Paris’ ‘Metro’ and travel guide giant Lonely Planet, this blog has a plethora of sightseeing tips, restaurant and nightlife guides and accommodation recommendations. Everything you need to know about Lisbon, all in one blog!

Go OPorto
http://www.gooporto.com/
Eating, drinking, hostels, hotels; this travel blog is similar to the above offering but covers the city of Porto and the nearby Douro Valley.

Luxury Travel Blog
http://www.aluxurytravelblog.com/category/regions/europe/western-europe/portugal/
Another highly recommended travel blog and voted as one of the world’s best travel blogs by ‘The Telegraph’ newspaper. Consult this resource if you want to experience the luxurious side of Portugal. ‘Luxury Travel Blog’ covers a multitude of destinations, including Portugal, and has posts about luxury accommodation, best Portuguese golf courses, restaurant recommendations and lots more. Use as a resource for Portugal and any other destination you’re thinking about visiting.

My Algarve
http://myalgarve.wordpress.com/
Stories, paintings, videos and photographs from a frequent visitor to Portugal since 1975. Gain some real insight to Portugal but having a look at this blog and get some great hints and tips about authentic experiences to be had.

Algarve Experiences
http://www.algarveexperiences.com/category/blog/
Written by the same author of ‘My Algarve’, this blog looks at the Algarve region specifically. For more detailed Algarve information, have a look at this blog and use some of the handy information to plan your trip to this sunny stretch of the country.

Portugal travel blog
http://www.aguide2portugal.com/blog/
With posts dating back to 2009 this blog is packed with helpful lists, such as a ‘Travel Ideas’ list for all sorts of Portugal holidays, city guides, photographs and much more.



Tags: , , , , , , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *