BootsnAll Travel Network



Hiking in Northern Laos – Photos

la2.jpg

We lucked out on this trek with Tiger Trail (booked in Luang Prabang): http://tigertrail.travity.de/page.asp?id={D973D667-CD7E-484B-BB1D-C907D6811A83}

The hike started 15 km out of Luang Prabang at the Lao Spirit Resort which is afiliated with Tiger Trail (it looks great, wish we had stayed a night here!). The resort is surrounded by mountains and is flanked by a river accross which is Tiger Trail’s Elephant Camp.

I’ve been on more spectacular hikes and have had much better guides (our guide at Tiger Trail was not very good at all) – but this hike was special in other ways; we had the fortune of meeting some very interesting fellow travellers including a Dutch couple who were biking their way through South East Asia and an English girl who was taking a 3 day mahout training course. It was a scenic hike, lots of mountain scenery and a few hill tribe tribe villages where we were “Sabadee-ed” by tons of friendly little kids. 

laos-2-red.jpglaos-red.jpglaos-51-red.jpglaos-5-red.jpglaos-52-red.jpg

We finished the hike with a stop at a school where the children greeted us with a singing of the Lao national anthem. The interaction with locals made the hike very special and was one of the highlights of our trip to South East Asia. I would suggest bringing something for the kids (I gave the kids colour markers that I had bought at the dollarstore in Montreal – they seemed to really like that).

lah.jpg

la1.jpglaos-92-red.jpglaos-91-red.jpgla4.jpg



Tags: ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *