BootsnAll Travel Network



The Open Road At Last

September 18th: 

Woke up to yet another glorious day of sunshine. Leisurely start as we had to go and pick up the car from Buffalo Airport. Nobody had a great night’s sleep, I was worried about driving the car and Josh was on mouse watch. We discovered a little visitor in the room and while it didn’t bother Ophelie and I, Josh was a bit freaked out by it! 

At the car rental counter the lady behind the desk said we should look at upgrading as the car was very small for 3 of us and for such a long trip but she has obviously never seen us in the Metro – complete with Ikea dining room table and chairs! It’s the size of a Sierra so not bad. Getting out on the road was great. Listening to the radio where songs twang about a-huggin and a-kissin and an undying love for Jesus really make us feel like we are here. Josh begs to turn it off but the alternative bickering in the back is just not enough reason – oh and are we there yet??? I must just remember – steering wheel in the middle of the road and we were off.  Stopped in Eerie and although the houses were nice there wasn’t really much else going on so we pressed on to Cleveland. We arrived just in time to see The Rock n Roll Hall of Fame.

 Cleveland Rocks  Guitar

The photos are of huge guitars that are all outside. It was a cool place with an exhibition on The Clash that had the original handwritten lyrics to London’s Calling, John Lennon’s Sgt Pepper’s jacket and weird stuff like letters The Damned wrote to The Ramones from 11a Burchington St, London NW8 – so bizarre! Loads of stuff to see but the only thing O was impressed with was anything to do with The Rolling Stones. Yep she’s a real fan – when I showed her Keith Richards’ guitar – she goes “Who’s Keith Richards” and didn’t click until I explained he was Johnny Depp’s dad in Pirates! I made sure she realised she was in the lap of the Gods when we passed Jimi Hendricks lyrics, outfits and guitars.  We are staying at a Super 8 at Westlakes – just outside of Cleveland. Found a great deli to eat in Rocky River. It was a v posh suburb with fab houses. We even passed the High School where the marching band were practising, wraparound tubas and everything– onto Chicago tomorrow! Check out the photo albums at http://www.flickr.com/photos/13512113@N06/. I think you might have to register but just look for 3goglobal.

 

 

 



Tags: ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *