BootsnAll Travel Network



Santa Elena

Ok I am catching up so this will be brief………

The hostel is great but that smell feels like it has seeped into our clothes and we all dread going back to the room so we have decided to move on after a couple of days. The rain is also not helping as it really pours down and pretty much stops you from doing anything.

Activities have included……..

Monte Verde - Frog PondThe Frog Pond – an indoor exhibit in the dark. Dusk is the best time to visit. You enter a drak room, armed with atorch and have to look for the frogs in each case. It was fun and there were so many frogs to see – very cool. Of course the issue of who should control the torch came up more than once and I fell over once which the kids found very funny!

 

 

Kids With Guide At MonteVerdeMonte Verde Reserve – a 5am alarm call for this one. The best time to see everything is first thing in the morning so we had to drag ourselves up. It was worth it though. From the bus journey up (you guessed it in an old school bus and bumpy road) to actually being in the rainforest – amazing. It is like the wettest forest you have ever been in but the sounds and sights are so different. We went with a guide, Melvin and glad we did as would have missed so much otherwise. He showed us tarantulas, flowers, lizards, the elusive Quetzal (a beautiful bird), hummingbirds………We heard monkeys quite close but unfortunately did not see them.

 

Hanging Bridges - SelvaturaSelvatura – A walk through the rainforest which included 8 hanging suspension bridges. Some went through the forest, some over the top. Incredible sights and sounds. Monte verde is a cloud forest region so you actally walk through the clouds too which all adds to the experience.

We got the transport today over to La Fortuna. When I say transport this is Costa Rican style. A minibus, boat ride and another mini bus. The scenry was very green, passing coffee plantations, grazing cattle and tiny houses. Time has taken on a different lilt here and the 3 hours passed so quickly. We have blown the budget and gone with a small hotel – with no smell and wi-fi so I get to spend the evening updating everything!



Tags: ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *