BootsnAll Travel Network



Spring Updates

springdaffodil.jpg

Its been quite a while since I’ve posted here, but I’ve definitely been very busy with school. I have just changed my enrollment to the Masters of Health Science Health Information Management Program, so I have a whole new schedule for the next year and a half. Next week is the last week of classes for this semester, then I have exams on the 24th and 25th. Then freedom! I can’t express how excited I am to get this first semester under my belt and to have a nice break. After finding Saura head first in a case of beer, I think she is looking for a break as well!

springboozehound2.jpg

But it hasn’t been all about school lately. Spring has finally sprung here in NZ and it is absolutely gorgeous. Al and I have also been doing alot of work in our yard, planting a garden, weeding all the flower beds, and planting all new things…from seed. The most exciting part is seeing all the little sprouts come up. I’m definitely addicted now and have goine out and bought more seeds with the plan of redoing the beds in the front yard.

Here is Al when we started the whole process over a month ago.

springwork.jpg

We did take a break to check out the Botanic Gardens. I’m sure alot more flowers are out now, but here are a few pics from our visit a few weeks ago.

springgardenA.jpgspringgardenB.jpgspringgardenC.jpg

I love the ducks! When I walk to school I always run into a duck couple waddling around, and every now and then I see a whole duck family with little ducklings in tow. Its really sweet.

It was Paul’s birthday last month, so of course we went out to celebrate (even though he is in Canada). We had a great Indian meal, thinking of Paul the whole time of course.

springgardenD.jpgspringgardenE.jpg

And here are the pictures of our gardens.
springgardenF.jpgspringgardenG.jpgspringgardenH.jpg

The next picture is the space for the veggie garden, were Al is growing a whole slew of things and the other picture is of my pride and joys, the first little sprouts from the flower seeds I planted. If you can see, at the very end of the garden space I’ve made a little bed where I have planted a row of sunflowers and those are just starting to spring up as well.

springgardenI.jpgspringgardenJ.jpg

Finally, we have the flowering vines on our back porch and the tree that fell in the back yard about two days ago. We had some very high winds and it just came right down.

springgardenL.jpgspringgardenK.jpg

Well, thats about it for now. Al is doing well and he is working hard too. He’s also caught the gardening bug and has been doing a great job with the veggie garden (he’s caught the golfing bug as well, but that’s a whole other issue). I will try not to let so much time past before the next post. I’m also sure there will be plenty to put up when Mom and Dad come over.

love,

Christen and Al



Tags: , , ,

-36 responses to “Spring Updates”

  1. Danny says:

    Hey guys, sounds like yall are doing well. My email account was shut down and I can’t remember you email address so here is my new one banjopoker@yahoo.com -Danny

  2. Danny says:

    Hey man, still need your email. Don’t mean to clutter up your blog but here is a good summation of the Bill Frist poker B.S.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=XI4QGilSI5E

    -Danny

  3. admin says:

    Sorry Danny, Alan’s right on that! Look for us on PS, we’re playing there again since they kicked all the Americans off PP. Hey Bonnie! 😉

    later,

    Christen

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *