BootsnAll Travel Network



A pain in the back

A friend wrote to explain why she hadn’t wrote.
As with many of us she suffers from back pain.
Her pain is severe.
Mine is annoying.
I’ve had some problems with a herniated disk that I didn’t know I had. I’d had back pain for years and just put it down to a pinched-nerve.
Experiencing winter again in China brought the pain back in spades. I decided to go to a traditional therapist.
He placed two fingers on my shoulder and you’d think that a sledgehammer, dipped in lava, had slammed me.
I screamed loud enough to pull people out of the halls into the examination room. Thankfully the doctor was working in a fairly modern facility. He arranged an MRI and discovered the herniated disk.

I’ve since had traditional therapy here in Indonesia.
I’m fine, but I can still draw crowds with my screaming.
http://blogs.bootsnall.com/wayne/?m=200611

Family is doing well.
I’m off for a week. A holiday that will, hopefully, be relaxing.
Our weather here has been good. Generally hot, with the occasional thunderstorm.
We’ve been staying home for the most part.
We rent a nice place that has a decent garden. At least it’s become a garden with Emily’s gentle coaxing.

All the best, Wayne



Tags: , , , ,

Leave a Reply