BootsnAll Travel Network



The Colour of Your Aura

10 October 2005 (Monday) – Cuenca, Ecuador

Rene is a Reiki therapist. Actually, Rene has the natural gifts of healing. Even when he was a child, he was healing animals and plants with his energy. He is a very special person, he just has this gift. When he was training as a Reiki therapist, his masters knew that he was much more talented than them. When I heard about this last Saturday over football between Ecuador and Uruguay, I made an appointment with him today for a Reiki session.

Well, I had sort-of done 2 Reiki sessions before, performed by my sister who was practising. I was not sure if I was a patient or a victim then. But, under the masterly hands of Rene, I was sure it would be a thoroughly different experience. Rene incorporates music, sound of water, aromatherapy, digital acupuncture, energy massage and crystals into his Reiki sessions.

He first used a pendulum to determine the energy levels of my different chakras. There were 2 chakras that were of lower energy. So, Rene proceeded to heal, to get my chakras all balanced out. I kept my eyes closed and at one point, Rene asked me what colour I saw. Colour?? I was about to say, “Nada… negro” (Nothing… black) when I saw an orange light dancing about in the darkness. Later, as he put his hands over the top of my crown, the colour changed to purple or violet.

I later asked him what these colours meant and he explained that, when he was passing his energy to me, he repeated in his head “Naranja, naranja…” (orange, orange) as a test to see if his energy passed through. And since I saw orange as he had intended for me to see, that meant his energy was indeed passed to me properly. As for violet, that is the colour of spirituality. I saw it just as he was putting his hands over the top of my crown, where spirituality is. He praised me that I was good to see these colours easily as they are some people who just totally cannot see them. Wow.

He also used digital acupuncture, pressing the various points with his fingers and asking if they hurt. Certain points were fine, but others did hurt a little. Finally, he concluded that the places which hurt were mostly FEAR. Fear of what?, I asked. Fear of responsibility even, at the two points on my shoulders. Hmm… perhaps that was why I resigned from my job, heh heh? Gosh, fear indeed… Yep, he had seen me last Friday with the cats in his apartment. Besides that, there were fear of clowns, fear of blood, fear of falling off the bicycle… But considering I had so much fear, I should still say that I am pretty brave to head out on my own, travelling in South America 3 times, despite having been robbed 3 times!

Anyway, Rene then proceeded on with an energy massage. This was a light massage, but the idea was not to loosen the muscles or whatever, but to pass on energy. At the end of the session, he told me I actually have very good overall energy. It was very easy for him to perform the massage on me. For some people, they were all tensed up and full of negative energy.

Why, thank you. Hmmm… I felt much lighter now at the end of the session. He suggested a second session would be best for me to totally transform my chakras into equilibrium. OK, I would stay another day.

We decided to head for lunch together later, and he mentioned that now, I was glowing with a yellow aura. Wow. To Rene, he could just see people’s aura just like that. Impressive, I told him. He shook his head and replied that it would be more impressive if someone was UNABLE to see other people’s aura.

He indicated the waitress and told me to keep my eyes at her, but close my eyelids a few times. What colour is her aura through the closed eyes?, he asked. Huh??? I tried a few times. Gosh, I really was not sure, but I thought I saw something red. “¿Rojo?” (Red?), I ventured. , he said and proceeded to explain what it meant to have red aura.

Then, he nodded towards the guy standing to my left and asked me for his aura. I tried again, closing and opening my eyes a few times. But I saw nothing, just black. “No sé, vi solo negro…” (I don’t know, I saw only black…). And Rene nodded his head and whispered to me that yep, this guy has a black aura… he is sick… he is a bad guy, he beats up his wife. I was dumbfounded and took another look at that guy. Yep, I detected bad energy from him.

For a while now, I had believed in good and bad energy. I believe in aura, and in why certain people get along, and certain people don’t… and why I sometimes can feel something is wrong in some situations, or places, or hotel rooms… and why I can somehow sense people’s mood, or guess what they are saying are not what they mean. I attributed all these to energy… to FEELING the energy. But to be able to SEE the aura of people… wow, that was something!

Tamara and Rene had been looking for a new apartment for a while now. The one they are living in was too small for two people and Rene needs fresh air! As Tamara was busy working today, I accompanied Rene all over Cuenca to view some of the apartments. At one apartment, I tried my aura-reading ‘skill’ on the lady. After we left, I hazarded, “¿Rosada?” (Pink?) and Rene agreed that I was right. Later, as we walked behind a man in a blue-grey jacket, I tried again. Each time, I thought I thought I saw ‘silver’ but I was not sure if it was because of his jacket or it was indeed his aura. I asked Rene and he checked, yep, this man’s aura is silver indeed. He is an idealist, an intellect!! Wow, I was amazed beyond words! I tried on Rene. His was green. He agreed, he has ‘blue’ and ‘green’ and ‘green’ is for health and he is a healer.

When I said Rene is special, I really mean he is special. He had always had visions of disasters around the world. As for the earthquake that happened in Pakistan-India last Saturday, he actually sensed something prickling in his body for an entire week before that. He knew something bad was going to happen in Pakistan and India. And then, last Saturday, there was the disastrous earthquake. He told me he knew about the tsunami of Asia last December 2004, and the 9-11 terrorist attack. When he was younger, he desperately tried to write something to warn the authorities to do… well… something. But they never believed him and when the disasters DID happen, they think he is a witch… or the TV crew wants to interview him and stuff. That, he hated. So, in the end, he stopped telling anyone, for no one would believe him anyway.

It is true, isn’t it? If he had indeed told someone to tell Asia that there would be an earthquake near Indonesia last December, would anyone have bothered to evacuate the villagers from Indonesia all the way to Somalia? Who would believe him? Who would want to be torn away from their families, their homes, their farmlands, their fishing boats… their lives? There would be utter chaos and looting in such an event. How do you organise such a massive evacuation?  Who would have believed that the disaster would affect all the way to Africa?

The rest of the day as we poked our disapproving noses at the various apartments or houses, I really enjoyed myself talking to Rene and learning about so many things. He could see the future and he often told his friends what would happen to them. Years later, they would humbly inform him that he had been correct all along. He also knew about Tamara one year before he met her. He just did not know where she was. So, when he finally saw her, he knew at once, this was the woman he would marry. And yes, they are indeed getting married next February. It will be interesting, as they are having an Inca-style wedding ceremony at the Museo Banco Central’s Archaeological Park.

Actually, I had been feeling a little melancholy lately. In fact, I wrote a few emails to some of my friends last night telling them what was going through my mind. I mean, when I was working, slogging long hours at a job that was not appreciated by my boss, I felt horrible, stressed, full of very negative energy, and I knew I had to leave the job and travel and live my life. And that was what I did. Then, yet, during this trip, there were moments, when I wondered what I was doing here, am I doing what I am supposed to be doing?, what’s all this… just spending money everyday, looking to see where I could eat, what I could eat… What was the point of all this travelling? When is enough enough? What is the purpose of my life for?

And then, today, with Rene’s advices and comments and of course, his Reiki session, I felt a different person, totally rejuvenated. He said, I was meant to travel, when he studied my left palm. He said that people who live in the cities, in a routine, constantly working and feeling unhappy, trapped, obligated, horrible, these are the people who are blind, who are sick, and who are unable to be more aware of themselves to get out, who are afraid to know themselves, who are afraid of changes.

Whilst for me, he detected very good positive energy from me, and knew that I am intelligent and that I know I had to get out to live my life, find myself, have much more richer experiences out there. Once I really know myself and am attuned to what I am meant to be, my aura would stabilise, I would know what my path is for and be able to pursue it. Of course, there must always be a balance. So, it is not possible for me to travel forever, and that I had to get back to the life of routine as well. But positive thinking is the key. Positive thoughts would vibrate positively and attract positive things to you. Gosh… OK, I know all these are advices that are almost cliche, but coming from Rene, they affected me in a more powerful way. And I was surprised what a day made in the difference of my perspectives. Yesterday, I felt rather low and confused, and now, today, I am ready to live my life positively.

That evening, Rene has a meditation session. But this meditation is not a sit-down-in-Lotus-position-and-get-cramped-toes meditation. It is a physical meditation. I attended it, of course, curious me…

He used music and words and motivated us into livening up our 7 chakras and cleansing our auras. The first chakra is from our waist down. That, we were given territories and told to clean them, and later, to fight others off our territories, with all our might and energy! The second is our groin area – sexuality, so we touched ourselves to the music, to get us aware of all our senses. The third is our stomach area… we laid down in foetal positions and imagined we were still in our mothers’ wombs and growing, slowly being aware of the noises and happiness outside the womb as the family awaits the birth of us. Then, after 9 months… we were released into the world, gifts to our families. The fourth is our heart area… here, he told us to give our love to our family, friends, to the whole world. As Rene called out emotionally to the people of our lives, to the various countries and continents around the world, to the disaster-affected Pakistanis and Indians, to the animals and plants… I was crying and crying uncontrollably. To me, this was the most powerful exercise! The fifth is our throat area – communication – so we had to shout and sing at the top of our voices. Next, the sixth is our mind… we had to imagine we were birds flying, and then, swimming in the ocean, moving down deeper and deeper, then going into the centre of the world, then walking through lava and molten, then climbing out of the volcano, then sliding down the edges and hitting the grass area and rolling around. Wow, the power of imagination, as I really felt all the sensations of the places. The last… is the top of the crown – our spiritual energy. Here, we lay down in our most comfortable position and listened to the music and let our spirits go free.

At the end, we talked about our experiences and Rene mentioned that I was more illuminated than earlier. Wow, I actually do feel more illuminated.



Tags: ,

Leave a Reply