BootsnAll Travel Network



More Movies

9 October 2005 (Sunday) – Cuenca, Ecuador

As expected, today being a Sunday, nearly all the shops except for the pirate CDs shops and some shops run by Chinese proprietors, were closed. After a walk around, and getting a chance to sample ceviche de camarones (delicious!!!, a little different from Peru in that it is more ‘ketchupy’), it started to rain, so I hastened back home.

Cathedral of Cuenca

Lovely colonial architecture of Cuenca

I spent the afternoon watching movies at Juan’s apartment.

Lucia y el Sexo‘ is a great Spanish movie. Although it was touted as ‘the most erotic movie this year’, I think the summary overdid the sex part. Yes… there were many explicit sex scenes, some of which perhaps were arguably not necessary but who would argue this?, but to me, the main story of the movie and how it unfolded was absolutely brilliant!!

Luna de Avellaneda‘ is an Argentine movie, with the famous Ricardo Darin. There was no subtitle for this one, and I was lost amongst the rapid motormouthing of the Argentines, but I could tell the acting was top-class, as expected, from Argentine movies.

Oh, I actually would like to stay longer here in Cuenca to watch MORE of Juan’s movies, but no… I think I should move on soon. Tomorrow, perhaps!



Tags: ,

Leave a Reply