BootsnAll Travel Network



Hino Sensei and Buzen

Hino describingHino cut 

This man is a kind of a wizard really. The happy, smiling kind!
When Hino Sensei was young he wanted to find the masters that he had read about. The masters that could do amazing feats and have a control over many things. He found that they didn’t exist, he couldn’t find them, yet there were still books and books about them. So this was his starting place to see what he could become….

Hino Sensei is 57. He is a small man of small build and commands enormous respect from his students. His very nice wife is his assistant and also an accomplished martial artist in her own capacity. The way he approaches his class is always with good humour and a beaming smile. This seems to me to be a real martial art. It is peaceful and contains no fighting. It is a peaceful approach that holds no force or fear. It is not far removed as some forms of Tai chi are, for example, that have developed into a form of exercise for health. This is still martial, working with a partner in a combat situation, but Hino Sensei’s emphasis is connection and communication. It is a sight indeed to watch him bring his largest students softly to the groud with the lightest of touches.

This is an art that would take years to master as it involves discipline, softness and honesty. I am looking forward to the next set of classes.

Hino ForestHino spiral



Tags:

Comments are closed.