BootsnAll Travel Network



Boom Chetawan-wan…?

A little better?

The full school title is Wat Po Chetawan Thai Traditional Massage School.

Abdominal massage class

Our main teacher is Chintana who is a lovely, quiet and gentle woman with the strongest thumbs in the the world. We have also been taught by Nok, who is lovely also. In the phot,o it goes from left to right – Nok, Pauline and Chintana.

.Noh, Pauline and Chintana (from left to right)

Chintana learned Japanese from her students and from books, and so teaches all the Japanese students as well. She went to teach in Osaka last year.

The teachers and staff here work really hard. They are all in at about 8am up until about 6pm. They work 7 days a week (!) offering courses that start everyday. Only every 3 or so months do they have time off to visit their families in Bangkok. Luckily though it seems that they are moved around from centre to centre occasionally and with any luck back to Bangkok.

On our 3rd day was the celebration Wat Po has every year on the 6th of April to remember Jivako, the Father of Thai Traditional medicine and massage. He was personal doctor to Buddha. In the morning there was a beautiful feast laid out and we said some prayers and had a ceremony. Then at lunchtime we ate it all (although I didn’t have any of the pig’s head!). It was a lovely little event.

6th April CeremonyYum, yum

…Well we had our exam last Sunday and passed! Went really well and we are now certified! I will go on to do the Massage therapy course while Pauline lives it up in the south. The practical part of the course, I will do here in Chiang Mai and then back down to Bangkok to do the theory.

Hopefully more photos and results to come.

Sunrise over Chiang Mai



Tags: , , ,

3 responses to “Boom Chetawan-wan…?”

  1. Ma & Pa says:

    Glad to hear all is going well – congrats on your new certificate!
    Pots are in on veg patch – sounds like a spy coded message?
    Take care, lots of luv xxx
    P.S. Mum says “have you enough clean pants?”

  2. minami says:

    lovely photo of the sunrise…..nrlooks really like japan.. strange..nrnrhope you are having a great time in Bangkok.nrnrspeak soonnrxx

  3. Lisa says:

    I’ve been trying to get info on the internet about this place and can’t find anything in english. Have any suggestions? Did they teach in english?