BootsnAll Travel Network



Sad news from Peru

It’s been nearly three years since my trip to Peru.  Last week a friend reached out to solicit advice on behalf of his brother who’s preparing a similar trip.  I boasted that they were in luck, as I knew a truly excellent guide.

I found Miguel Jove when I was in Cusco.  I was intent on trekking to the ruins at Choquequirao and Miguel came highly recommended by the staff at the South American Explorers club.  More specifically, as I sifted through the countless hand written reviews left at SAE by previous travelers, I kept coming across Miguel’s name.  Everyone who’d had the pleasure of taking a guided trek with Miguel had such great things to say about him.  Suffice to say, I had all the info I needed: this was the guy.  I met with Miguel a few days later.  Seemed like a solid guy.  And after it became apparent I could not find enough people to organize a multi-person trip, I hired Miguel to guide me on a solo trip.  One of the best decisions I’ve ever made.

A few days later I met Miguel, and our cook Domingo, and we headed out on the journey.  As I was traveling solo, and neither Domingo nor our arriero spoke English, I spent a lot of time over the next 4 days conversing with Miguel. And once we arrived at Choquequirao he impressed me with his knowledge of the site.  In fact, he shared so much with me about the entire region – he understood his country so well: the history, the people, and what made them tick.  He told me his fascinating life story one night by the campfire.  Earlier in this blog I wrote about buying a hat at REI prior to my trip.  Miguel liked the hat so much I left it with him at the end.  Let’s face it, I had little use for it back home and he’d do it justice out on the trails.

Tonight when I googled Miguel to find his contact info, I was shocked to learn he passed away in 2011.  Seems he was killed in an accident on the very trail we hiked 3 years ago.  From the limited details I’ve found it sounds like the accident was landslide related, but I cannot confirm that.  All I know is Miguel Jove was a really smart guy, who strived to be the best guide in South America.  His words, not mine.  He was dedicated to sharing his knowledge about the region.  As a result he gave me, and countless others, a rich experience I’ll never forget.  I thought one day I’d return to Peru and take another trip with Miguel.  Tonight it’s with a heavy heart that I realize I will not have that opportunity.



Tags:

395 responses to “Sad news from Peru”

  1. Temple says:

    your intelligence on just posting videos to your site when you

  2. Wow, great blog article.Much thanks again. Great.

  3. Equipment says:

    this side of the story. I was surprised that you are not more popular

  4. Hey, thanks for the blog article.Thanks Again. Awesome.

  5. Im thankful for the blog post.Really thank you! Want more.

  6. Im thankful for the blog post.Really thank you! Keep writing.

  7. sala rodd says:

    No better a kook bigger than the internet from Don Tigert, sala rodd sala rodd, BRIAN WILLIS Brockstar, BROCKSTAR BY BRIAN NELSON WILLIS, Richard Ellenbogen – Beverly Hills Body,LuxSauna, Alan Symons, park ward, nationwide home comfort, AGS Capital and kaonsoftware and the kind. Poggi, Michael Michael Poggi Poggi’s Animal House like.Elite Client Services – Private Client Management Group TRUSTED as well.

  8. No better a kook bigger than the internet from Don Tigert, sala rodd sala rodd, BRIAN WILLIS Brockstar, BROCKSTAR BY BRIAN NELSON WILLIS, Richard Ellenbogen – Beverly Hills Body,LuxSauna, Alan Symons, park ward, nationwide home comfort, AGS Capital and kaonsoftware and the kind. Poggi, Michael Michael Poggi Poggi’s Animal House like.Elite Client Services – Private Client Management Group TRUSTED as well.

  9. You need to You need to indulge in a contest for just one of the best blogs online. I am going to recommend this web site!

  10. Muchos Gracias for your blog post.Thanks Again. Keep writing.

  11. xxx porn says:

    It’а†s really a nice and helpful piece of info. I am glad that you shared this helpful info with us. Please stay us informed like this. Thank you for sharing.

  12. Very good blog.Thanks Again.

  13. This blog was how do I say it? Relevant!! Finally I have found something that helped me. Many thanks!

  14. I really enjoy the post.Much thanks again. Really Cool.

  15. check says:

    Very informative article post.Much thanks again. Really Cool.

  16. MarcoRpage says:

    Looking forward to reading more. Great post.Much thanks again. Fantastic.

  17. Thank you for your article. Will read on…

  18. I value the post.Really thank you! Keep writing.

  19. Wahl Blog says:

    Thank you ever so for you article post.Much thanks again. Cool.

  20. Enjoyed every bit of your post. Keep writing.

  21. find says:

    Thank you ever so for you post.

  22. I cannot thank you enough for the article post. Really Cool.

  23. I loved your blog post.Really looking forward to read more.

  24. I cannot thank you enough for the article.Much thanks again. Really Cool.

  25. Enjoyed every bit of your article post.Thanks Again. Really Great.

  26. read more says:

    Im obliged for the post.Thanks Again.

  27. buy mango says:

    Muchos Gracias for your blog post.Much thanks again. Fantastic.

  28. Im grateful for the article post.Really thank you! Cool.

  29. Royal CBD says:

    Woah! I’m really enjoying the template/theme of this blog.

    It’s simple, yet effective. A lot of times it’s difficult to get that “perfect balance” between user friendliness and visual appeal.
    I must say you’ve done a superb job with this. In addition, the blog loads
    very fast for me on Opera. Outstanding Blog!

  30. What a poignant tribute to a remarkable guide, Miguel Jove. Your vivid recollection of the solo trek to Choquequirao, enriched by Miguel’s expertise and genuine passion, beautifully captures the essence of his impact. It’s heartrending to learn of his untimely passing, a loss not just for those fortunate enough to have journeyed with him but for South American exploration as a whole. Miguel’s legacy lives on through the indelible memories he crafted for travelers like you, a testament to his dedication and profound connection to the land. May his spirit endure in the trails he once tread.

  31. pop up booth says:

    Your Blog is very help full to me and its very informative Blog thank you so much

  32. I really appreciates your blog/article, Thanks and cheers!!

  33. I adore this blog post so much. Definitely excited to read more.

  34. ppu-prof_Bek says:

    Забота о жилище – это забота о приятности. Тепловая обработка фасадов – это не только изысканный облик, но и гарантия сохранения тепла в вашем уголке уюта. Специалисты, группа специалистов, предлагаем вам превратить ваш дом в идеальное жилище.
    Выполненные нами проекты – это не просто теплоизоляция, это творческий подход к каждому деталю. Мы нацелены на гармонии между формой и содержанием, чтобы ваше жилище превратилось не только уютным и стильным, но и привлекательным.
    И самое главное – доступные тарифы! Мы уверены, что высококачественные услуги не должны быть неподъемными по цене. [url=https://ppu-prof.ru/]Утепление дома цена за квадратный[/url] начинается всего начиная с 1250 рублей за квадрат.
    Использование современных материалов и технологий позволяют нам создавать тепловую обработку, которая обеспечивает долговечность и надежность. Позабудьте о проблемах с холодом стен и избежите дополнительных расходов на отопление – наше утепление станет вашим надежным защитником от холода.
    Подробнее на [url=https://ppu-prof.ru/]http://www.ppu-prof.ru/[/url]
    Не откладывайте на потом заботу о удобстве в вашем жилище. Обращайтесь к профессионалам, и ваш дом преобразится настоящим архитектурным шедевром, которое принесет вам не только тепло. Вместе мы создадим дом, в котором вам будет по-настоящему комфортно!

  35. ppu-prof_Bek says:

    Забота о обители – это забота о спокойствии. Изоляция наружных поверхностей – это не только модный облик, но и гарантия сохранения тепла в вашем уединенном уголке. Наш коллектив, наша команда профессионалов, предлагаем вам сделать ваш дом в идеальное место для жизни.
    Наши творческие решения – это не просто утепление, это художественная работа с каждым элементом. Мы добиваемся гармонии между визуальным восприятием и практической целесообразностью, чтобы ваш дом стал не только теплым и стильным, но и привлекательным.
    И самое существенное – разумная цена! Мы полагаем, что профессиональные услуги не должны быть дорогим удовольствием. [url=https://ppu-prof.ru/]Услуги по утеплению стен снаружи стоимость работ[/url] начинается всего начиная с 1250 руб/м².
    Современные технологии и высококачественные материалы позволяют нам создавать изоляцию, которая долго сохраняет свои свойства и надежна. Забвение о холодных стенах и избежание лишних расходов на отопление – наше утепление станет вашим надежной защитой от холода.
    Подробнее на [url=https://ppu-prof.ru/]ppu-prof.ru[/url]
    Не откладывайте на потом заботу о радости жизни в вашем жилье. Обращайтесь к профессионалам, и ваше жилье станет настоящим художественным произведением, которое принесет вам не только тепло. Вместе мы создадим обители, где вам будет по-настоящему комфортно!

  36. Plisse_Fah says:

    Дорогие Гости!
    Представляем вам новое тренд в мире дизайна внутреннего пространства – шторы плиссе. Если вы надеетесь к совершенству в всякой нюансе вашего жилища, то эти завесы выберутся выдающимся паттерном для вас.
    Что делает шторы плиссе настолько единственными? Они сочетают в себе в себе грацию, действенность и применимость. Благодаря эксклюзивной форме, прогрессивным материалам, шторы плиссе идеально гармонизируются с для любого помещения, будь то гостинка, ложе, кухня или должностное место.
    Закажите [url=https://tulpan-pmr.ru]жалюзи плиссе на пластиковые окна[/url] – совершите уют и красочность в вашем доме!
    Чем подсаживают шторы плиссе для вас? Во-первых, их своеобразный стиль, который присоединяет к очарование и лоск вашему дому. Вы можете выбирать из различных текстур, оттенков и стилей, чтобы подчеркнуть отличительность вашего дома.
    Кроме того, шторы плиссе предлагают полный спектр функциональных возможностей. Они могут контролировать уровень света в месте, предохранять от солнечного света, обеспечивать закрытость и создавать уютную атмосферу в вашем доме.
    Мы сайт: [url=https://tulpan-pmr.ru]http://tulpan-pmr.ru[/url]
    Мы сами поддержим вам выбрать шторы плиссе, которые прекрасно гармонируют с для вашего оформления!

  37. Seo-Ul-Gax says:

    Мы группа SEO-специалистов, занимающихся увеличением трафика и улучшением рейтинга вашего сайта в поисковых системах.
    Мы получили признание за свою работу и желаем поделиться с вами нашими знаниями и навыками.
    Какие выгоды ждут вас:
    • [url=https://seo-prodvizhenie-ulyanovsk1.ru/]агентство интернет маркетинга[/url]
    • Комплексный анализ вашего сайта и разработка индивидуальной стратегии продвижения.
    • Оптимизация контента и технических аспектов вашего сайта для максимальной эффективности.
    • Ежемесячный мониторинг и анализ данных для постоянного совершенствования вашего онлайн-присутствия.
    Подробнее [url=https://seo-prodvizhenie-ulyanovsk1.ru/]https://seo-prodvizhenie-ulyanovsk1.ru/[/url]
    У наших клиентов уже есть результаты: рост посещаемости, улучшение рейтинга в поисковых запросах и, конечно, увеличение прибыли. У нас вы можете получить бесплатную консультацию, для обсуждения ваших потребностей и разработки стратегии продвижения, соответствующей вашим целям и бюджету.
    Не упустите шанс улучшить свои результаты в интернете. Свяжитесь с нами уже сегодня.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *