BootsnAll Travel Network



Safari

We didn’t know what to expect from our safari, we’d been so busy preparing for the climb up Kili we just booked a safari and didn’t do a whole lot of research. Luckily, it worked out fantastic. Since Melanie recommended Skova we went with him and had a great time. We saw 109 lions which even Skova said was a record. We saw the big 5, the rhinos were pretty far away but we saw 3 of them which is cool because they are super rare and endangered. Here are some photos from the Serengetti National Park, Ngorongoro Crater, and Lake Manyara.

I just wanted to add a quick ‘animal count’. I mentioned the 109 lions and 3 rhinos but I figured I should say we saw 6 cheetahs and 2 leopards. Three of the cheetahs were a mother and 2 cubs who were adorable but the lighting was bad and I couldn’t get a decent photo. As for other animals like giraffe and elephant, we saw too many to count. For zebra, wildebeast, and buffalo I’m sure the number was well into the thousands, and this was not even the migration season when things are supposed to be even more spectacular.

If you want to read the ‘caption’ of the photo click on it. That is one thing that has changed with this website.

giraffe

Cheetah

buffalo

leopard

ele

daveskova

hippo pool

lizard

masai

hyena

lion

warthog



Tags:


2 responses to “Safari”

  1. Jonny says:

    Wow- my envy is now complete. As a note, my roommate had a Masai war blanket and club that his parents got him- they’re missionaries in Kenya.

  2. Brice says:

    Hi guys, glad to finally see some updated pics. Looks like your safari was awesome. I was also able to see the big 5 when I was there – we got really close to the rhinos but saw only one cheetah, and that was from far away. I just left Norway after visiting Katia for three weeks, spending one weekend during that time in Germany for a friend’s 40th b-day party. I’m now in London meeting with our software developers and will be back in the states tomorrow for a couple of weeks before heading back to the boat. All the best as always – please let me know on what you decide with your future in the states. I may have an apartment opening for you soon in ND 😉

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *