BootsnAll Travel Network



May 6-8: Sabbatical Ending :) ! :(

beach-11.jpg

To end the trip, we decided to go back to the west coast in Seminyak (close to where we were when we arrived).  Kids wanted the surf (east coast didn’t have any – they wanted to practice their surfing).  The following pictures are our ending shots of Bali and the trip:

night shots of the hotel grounds – may not be that interesting, but it provided a nice ambiance

hotel-22.jpg

hotel-13.jpg

The kids were asked to write about their final impressions:  what they liked, learned differently about the cultures and people met, what they learned about themselves, and what did they see or feel or understand about America/Tahoe differently after having been away from their “homeland”.  Below are some of their thoughts (abbreviated)

family-anni.jpg

Annika’s (our “animal magnet”)  Final Thoughts  (8yr old): I liked how I made friends, got to pet lots of animals, favorite place Tioman Islands, learned about Balinese, Hindhus, and Buddhist offerings made to the Gods (don’t step on them), was afraid of losing our luggage, Asia has a lot of motorbikes, people, and crowded, noisy with honking and talking and dogs barking, and very hot.  America is much cleaner and quieter and smells better.  

family-tash.jpg

Natasha’s Final Thoughts (11 yr old):  What I like most about the trip was the activities but most of all the silver making classes.  The food was really good (Singapore food was more international, Malaysia was rice and noodles – got tired of it, Thai was really good, and India curry’s also).  The trip was good.  I knew it would be different going to the bathrooms, but didn’t think they would be squat toilets.  I knew the way people lived would be different – Vietnamese had a lot of Chinese influence, Singaporian people looked a lot more Chinese than I thought, I didn’t know what the Thai people were like at first – some nice, some more rude, and the Indian people are like I thought they were.  I realized I am more scared of dogs that I thought.  I am lucky to live where I live in a bigger house, nice area, and plenty of food.  Tahoe and America are really nice and clean compared to other countries.  We have a lot more technology.  I really feel fortunate to live in Tahoe because it is beautiful, not hot, not really busy and clean.  In America you don’t have people “hounding” you and I got especially tired of that.  We have more opportunities and it’s easier to get a job.  In Asia, families live together so adults can watch over others kids while they are gone. The people are poorer.  I appreciate my house more because it’s a big house or even that I have a house! I now know what “HOT” is.  America is kind of like Singapore, clean, organized and has more technology.  I love where I live.

family-josh.jpg

Josh’s Final Thoughts (14 yr old):  I liked the trip….in general.  Some of the highlights would be learning to scuba dive, dive trips, kite surfing, surfing, snorkeling,  and overall the whole experience. I learned in Asia that people “always” take their shoes off before entering the house.  Thailand has a lot of “ladyboys”.  The Vietnamese way to say thank you is basically sounding like the english words “come on”.  India is very hot and smelly, and a ton of Aussies go to Bali.  I have realized I am lucky or more fortunate to live in the states.  Also that I have a lot more opportunities for having a career.  I have also seen that our country is very free.  Singapore Airport is amazing, cities are cities whether in America or Asia ( I don’t like crowds and noises), what I saw as most beautiful or admirable is the giant fort in Jaipur or the Taj Mahal and the Himalayas in India, the rice fields in Vietnam stretching on forever and the hills poking out from in between them (Ninh Binh), the beautiful white sandy beaches of Thailand – but they are not “home.”  I felt the heat of Asia with sweat running down by back 24-7.  I was homesick a lot and would get angry at my family more often, but am not quite sure.  I could feel bad for a family living in poverty, but that is no different from feeling bad for a homeless guy at home.  What I understand about Asian countries and ours: I see in the USA th at we have a lot more opportunity here, we have more strict laws in some cases and cleaner cities because of those laws or government, the living class in Asia is more poor because in the states we live in bigger houses and drive bigger cars. In Asian countries, you see only Thais or Vietnamese or Indians, but in the States, you see many races, which is good.  My overall understanding of America and Asia is that America is more wealthy and spends more money with a bigger economy and Asia is poorer and more conjested not to mention HOT.  But they still are loving and connected people….not a bad place to be.   

family-kids.jpg

Our last night in Bali.  Dinner and sunset right on the beach.

family-bali.jpgfamily-tn.jpg

Tim and Natalie Final Thoughts:  Sabbatical 2009 South East Asia: 

Traveled to/over/on: 7 countries, 29 cities, 7 islands, 2 mountain ranges, 6 bodies of water/seas, 14 modes of transportation.   At times it seemed like it would never end, yet in the end it seemed to speed up and is hard to believe the trip is at its end.  Wow, we did it!  It has been amazing with respect to what we accomplished: traveling with 3 kids doing what we did, seeing what we saw, and traveling how we traveled (good and bad; easy and hard).  As has been mentioned in the past – a trip of a lifetime.   It also was a little more “work” than what we imagined with respect to the constant planning and decisions that had to be made on a daily basis.  We had envisioned a little more “down” time, but I guess we would then need to cut out places and sights and just hang out to do that.  But, that doesn’t seem to be the Johnson way.    We also want to say that we are grateful to all of you who have followed this blog and shared our experience with us. Hopefully, it’s brought the world a little closer to everybody!

  beach-3.jpgbeach-2.jpgbeach-4.jpg

The airport is built out into the bay.  When you land in Bali, you feel like you are landing on water and then the tires hit land.  This is the parting shot of walking to the plane with the waves breaking in the background.

airport-bali.jpg

Picture just for fun.  Because it is so humid outside and the with the AC inside, you get this misting/fog taking place inside the aircraft

airport-bali2.jpg

Singapore Airport.  We didn’t leave the Transit area for a couple of hours so the kids could go to a whole gaming area set up for free (internet, Xbox, computer games , and movie hall).  You see Josh here inside a Formula One race car simulation.  It is like driving the “real” thing (seat, car, steering wheel, gas pedal, and breaks via a computer screen.) The whole car moves on a scale.  Josh said when he would crash the car into a wall, he could really feel it.

race-car.jpg

Since we had to wake up at 4:00am to catch the flight, we spent the night in the departure hall.  We found a restaurant away from the mainstream that had closed down at 11:00pm and tried to get some sleep on the couches.

airport-sleep.jpg

Arriving in Seattle!  37 hours of travel time with only about only 4 hours of sleep and we are still smiling – we are back in the States and closer to “home”.

end-pict.jpg

Steve Winwood – “One More Morning”  (song’s on my IPod I listened to a lot usually -early mornings/late nights)

In the sky, night is coming. So glad we have this day. We all want, one more morning.  Just to know, the night won’t stay.  If my eyes, to the dawning.  To see life start, again.  Just to see, one more morning.  Just to feel it all, begin.  Just to have this day….. One more day, one more memory. One more day, in the dream.  We all want, one more morning.  Just to feel it all again.

Enya – “Pilgrim” 

Pilgrim how your journey, on the road you chose, to find out why the winds die, and where the stories go. All days come from one day, that what you must know, you can not change what’s over but only where you go.  One way leads to diamonds, one way leads to gold, another leads you only to everything you’re told.  In you heart you wonder, which of these is true, the road that leads to nowhere, the road that leads to you. When you find the answer, in all you say and do, when you find the answer, in you.   Each heart is a pilgrim, each one wants to know, the reason why the winds die, and where their stories go. Pilgrim in your journey, you may travel far, oh pilgrim its a long way, to find out who you are.  

Chinese Proverb: 

The Journey is the Reward       

From all of us, the Johnson’s (Tim, Natalie, Josh, Natasha, Annika),  thanks for sharing in our journey  ! 


Tags:

43,876 responses to “May 6-8: Sabbatical Ending :) ! :(”

  1. Clinton Hillyard

    I found a great…

  2. Gaylord Espanol

    I found a great…

  3. Hi! This is my first visit to your blog!
    We are a collection of volunteers and starting a new project
    in a community in the same niche. Your blog provided us
    valuable information to work on. You have done a outstanding job!

  4. I am definitely looking for brand spanking new info upon this important theme, and am specifically stoked when I actually
    locate blogs which might be well-written and well-researched.
    Thank you for providing this exceptional information, and i also look forward to learning much more right from the blog in the foreseeable future. http://W.al.R.U.s.Cvk.d@tkphotography.oldiestation.es/php.php?a%5B%5D=%3Ca%20href=http://couples-massage-nj.njmassage.info/%3Ecouples%20massage%20new%20jersey%3C/a%3E

  5. I am definitely looking for brand spanking new info upon this important theme, and am specifically stoked when I actually locate blogs which might be well-written and well-researched.
    Thank you for providing this exceptional information, and i also look forward to learning
    much more right from the blog in the foreseeable future. http://W.al.R.U.s.Cvk.d@tkphotography.oldiestation.es/php.php?a%5B%5D=%3Ca%20href=http://couples-massage-nj.njmassage.info/%3Ecouples%20massage%20new%20jersey%3C/a%3E

  6. writeessay says:

    write a essay for me http://gsgfsdgfdhjhjhj.com/

    Fantastic content. Regards!

  7. tadalafil tablets http://cialisky.com/

    Incredible all kinds of helpful tips.

  8. cialis daily http://cialisiv.com/

    Thanks a lot. I like it!

  9. Cialis 5 mg says:

    tadalafil tablets http://kawanboni.com/

    Regards. I enjoy this.

  10. With payback percentage, not only casino can get the net income and also player should expect going back at some
    point. because this industry, and also the whole football system appears to get a magnet for brand spanking new traders.

    2 million lottery next year, which has been the most important Powerball Jackpot within the state of Connecticut as well as the 12th biggest in Powerball history.

  11. Hello there! Do you know if they make any plugins to assist with
    Search Engine Optimization? I’m trying to get my blog to rank for some targeted
    keywords but I’m not seeing very good results. If you know of any please share.

    Appreciate it!

  12. Jaminan BPKB Mobil

    May 6-8: Sabbatical Ending 🙂 ! 🙁

  13. Reklama says:

    website

    May 6-8: Sabbatical Ending 🙂 ! 🙁

  14. Rapid Tone says:

    Rapid Tone

    May 6-8: Sabbatical Ending 🙂 ! 🙁

  15. key preisvergleich

    May 6-8: Sabbatical Ending 🙂 ! 🙁

  16. 30 day rehab in ohio

    May 6-8: Sabbatical Ending 🙂 ! 🙁

  17. Gaming says:

    gaming

    May 6-8: Sabbatical Ending 🙂 ! 🙁

  18. 1929725_2 says:

    gaming

    May 6-8: Sabbatical Ending 🙂 ! 🙁

  19. fifa 19 says:

    fifa 19

    May 6-8: Sabbatical Ending 🙂 ! 🙁

  20. fénixovy kapky cbd olej

    May 6-8: Sabbatical Ending 🙂 ! 🙁

  21. cheap jordan for sale

    May 6-8: Sabbatical Ending 🙂 ! 🙁

  22. cheap air jordans

    May 6-8: Sabbatical Ending 🙂 ! 🙁

  23. taxi van Modlin

    May 6-8: Sabbatical Ending 🙂 ! 🙁

  24. click here

    May 6-8: Sabbatical Ending 🙂 ! 🙁

  25. Peboom says:

    peboom

    May 6-8: Sabbatical Ending 🙂 ! 🙁

  26. game keys kaufen

    May 6-8: Sabbatical Ending 🙂 ! 🙁

  27. günstige uplay keys

    May 6-8: Sabbatical Ending 🙂 ! 🙁

  28. top sim says:

    top sim

    May 6-8: Sabbatical Ending 🙂 ! 🙁

  29. orkiestra na wesele Częstochowa

    May 6-8: Sabbatical Ending 🙂 ! 🙁

  30. Restrukturyzacja Gliwice

    May 6-8: Sabbatical Ending 🙂 ! 🙁

  31. symulator F1 wynajem

    May 6-8: Sabbatical Ending 🙂 ! 🙁

  32. Hallux Rigidus

    May 6-8: Sabbatical Ending 🙂 ! 🙁

  33. Home and Away 7026 4th December 2018 | Home and Away 4th December 2018 | Home and Away 04-12-2018 | Home and Away Ep 7026 4th December 2018 | Home and Away 7026 – Tuesday 4 December | Home and Away – Tuesday 4 December 2018 | Home and Away 7026

    May 6-8: Sabbatical Ending 🙂 ! 🙁

  34. ejaculate online

    May 6-8: Sabbatical Ending 🙂 ! 🙁

  35. Chrome says:

    chrome

    May 6-8: Sabbatical Ending 🙂 ! 🙁

  36. Hot new Amazon releases

    May 6-8: Sabbatical Ending 🙂 ! 🙁

  37. Websites we think you should visit…

    Sites of interest we have a link to…

  38. Great websites from the internet…

    Well written! Let me suggest you few interesting websites …

  39. online games 2018 philippines

    May 6-8: Sabbatical Ending 🙂 ! 🙁

  40. If you are questioning “how to get a skinny face? One of the best ways for most individuals to do away with a double chin is with weight loss by the use of weight loss program and exercise. This may be due to genetic elements, weight gain, or age. Patients with a “square” or “U” shaped face can now return to the “V” shaped look of their youth. This outcomes is a softer, friendlier look. The ageing course of ends in our skin undergoing many adjustments. Laser therapy makes use of a gentle to punch holes within the collagen in the skin with out physically piercing the pores and skin. Others providers dscounted by means of the end of December embody IPL (Intense Pulse Light), Sculptra, Velashape, and SkinSpirit’s Signature Facial. Below are images of a few of the patients handled with Xeomin and Botox for non-surgical facial slimming and non-surgical jaw reduction. Botox for facial slimming is a special application of botox that ends in a noticeable slimming of the face on account of enjoyable the masseter muscles of the jaw.

  41. Cinemaindo says:

    cinemaindo

    May 6-8: Sabbatical Ending 🙂 ! 🙁

  42. office 365 Zdarma

    May 6-8: Sabbatical Ending 🙂 ! 🙁

  43. 모바일카지노

    May 6-8: Sabbatical Ending 🙂 ! 🙁

  44. 카지노사이트

    May 6-8: Sabbatical Ending 🙂 ! 🙁

  45. 모바일카지노

    May 6-8: Sabbatical Ending 🙂 ! 🙁

  46. 코인카지노

    May 6-8: Sabbatical Ending 🙂 ! 🙁

  47. 온라인카지노

    May 6-8: Sabbatical Ending 🙂 ! 🙁

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *