BootsnAll Travel Network



May 2-5: Padangbai

bay-3.jpg

We were eager to get back to the beach after being in Ubud for a few days, so we headed to the east coast and the small town of Padangbai. This was  a great place – real quiet and local. There was one main street with a string of small hotels along the water. But the best part was a small lagoon just over a headland- about a 5 minute walk away, called Blue Lagoon. The beach wasn’t “perfect,” but it had inredible coral and reef fish for snorkeling.  Tim and Josh were going to go scuba diving, but the day they were going to go out was windy, wavy, and overcast.  They decided to cancel that day, but never were able to get the diving in because we had to leave the next day. The girls were able to participate in a program of “swimming with the dolphins”.  A huge highlight for them.

bay-1.jpgbay-1b.jpg

Blue Lagoon – great coral for snorkeling and scuba diving.

blue-lagoon-1.jpgblue-lagoon-3.jpgblue-lagoon-2.jpgblue-lagoon-4.jpg

Our little snorkeling maniac.

blue-lagoon-5.jpg

We have been on at least 14 different modes of transportation and this was going to be a new one. Except we canceled the dive.

boat-1.jpg

This is where you stand.  It is only about 2 feet across.  The boat only fits 4 people.

boat-2.jpg

We were going to backpacker it for  a hotel.  But when you only get a dark room for $20 dollars, you may as well get this one for $40 with huge, open room with pool and included breakfast.  Was a no brainer for the end of the trip.

hotel-12.jpg

Family un shots

family-a.jpgfamily-an.jpg

If you can not find a wall to paint on, the sand is a perfect legal canvas – Josh’s graphitti

family-graphiti.jpg

You didn’t see too much of this expression when in India.

family-j.jpgfamily-t.jpg

The next shots are for Natasha and Annika’s friends.  They got a chance to “swim with the doplphins”.

dolphin-1b.jpg

The cage where the dolphins are kept.  Some may feel this to be cruel, I think the space wa adequate, the water in their own habatat (the ocean), the trainers were real good, and they also trained the dolphins to go outside the pens and “play” while following the boat.

dolphin-2.jpgdophin-3.jpg

Kisses

dolphin-3.jpgdolphin-3b.jpg

 Hugs and carryingdolphin-4.jpgdolphin-4b.jpgdolphin-5.jpgdolphin-5b.jpg

Shaking hands

dolphin-5c.jpgdolphin-6.jpg



Tags:

34,656 responses to “May 2-5: Padangbai”

  1. Quasar – Wikipédia, l’encyclopédie libre

    I believe this website contains some very great info for everyone :D. “Heat cannot be separated from fire, or beauty from The Eternal.” by Alighieri Dante.

  2. phone case says:

    phone case

    May 2-5: Padangbai » TravelBlog Archive » Tahoe Johnson’s Journey to Southeast Asia

  3. bicicleta says:

    bicicleta

    May 2-5: Padangbai » TravelBlog Archive » Tahoe Johnson’s Journey to Southeast Asia

  4. pokemon online rpg

    May 2-5: Padangbai » TravelBlog Archive » Tahoe Johnson’s Journey to Southeast Asia

  5. free fans on musically

    May 2-5: Padangbai » TravelBlog Archive » Tahoe Johnson’s Journey to Southeast Asia

  6. lotofacil.loterias da caixa

    May 2-5: Padangbai » TravelBlog Archive » Tahoe Johnson’s Journey to Southeast Asia

  7. office home and student setup

    May 2-5: Padangbai » TravelBlog Archive » Tahoe Johnson’s Journey to Southeast Asia

  8. Rowena says:

    Hi, i read your blog from time to time and i own a similar
    one and i was just wondering if you get a lot of spam comments?
    If so how do you prevent it, any plugin or anything you
    can recommend? I get so much lately it’s driving me crazy
    so any assistance is very much appreciated.

  9. màu sắc hợp mệnh

    I found a great…

  10. Hi there, I check your new stuff on a regular basis.
    Your writing style is awesome, keep up the good work!

  11. I think the admin of this web page is really working hard in support of his
    site, for the reason that here every stuff is quality based information.

  12. URL says:

    … [Trackback]

    […] Informations on that Topic: blogs.bootsnall.com/tahoejohnson/may-2-5-padangbai.html/ […]

  13. I was wondering if you ever considered changing the page layout of your blog?

    Its very well written; I love what youve got to say. But maybe you could a
    little more in the way of content so people could
    connect with it better. Youve got an awful
    lot of text for only having one or two pictures. Maybe you could space it out better?

  14. for says:

    for

    May 2-5: Padangbai » TravelBlog Archive » Tahoe Johnson’s Journey to Southeast Asia

  15. elenyq says:

    I know this site offers quality dependent posts and other material, is there any other website which offers these information in quality?

  16. mass url ping software

    May 2-5: Padangbai » TravelBlog Archive » Tahoe Johnson’s Journey to Southeast Asia

  17. Jordan Berry Jersey

    This is an exceptionally robust personal preference. There are also videos that you can use for you to gain further advantage with regards to formulas and anything of that sort. In case you have a site that has books and people today invest in a novel,…

  18. Williams says:

    I obtain tired of playing the exat same few video games.

  19. Buster Posey Jersey

    As the SMP procedure is carried out, an operator must ensure that the pigment is placed in the dermis because if it is placed on the epidermis only, the pigment shall spill out in a small number of weeks after the process has been undertaken, and the p…

  20. Currentlyy it’s time to locate the best TABLE VIDEO GAMES.

  21. Reggie Jackson Jersey

    You need to constantly work at it, and not let a day slip by without putting effort into your building your home business.com for more helpful information about Getting Outstanding Line Striping Companies In New HamphireAre you trying to find out how t…

  22. Emre Can Jersey

    This kind of wire fencing Ormskirk is also cost effective and doesn’t require too much of maintenance. The same is the case with dry cleaning because stains are removed in the pre washing process and when they are removed, they are sent to the dr…

  23. Sue says:

    Have the kids align in groups of 4 to five people.

  24. sex webcam says:

    My partner and I stumbled over here by a different web
    page and thought I should check things out. I like what I see so now i’m following you.
    Look forward to going over your web page for a second time.

  25. Wesley Walker Jersey

    Whatever type of handmade ornament you decide to make it is a sure bet that along the way you will make a lot of good memories from interacting with family or friends, you may even find a lot of personal fulfillment by reminiscing about Christmas days…

  26. Paul Pierce Jersey

    90% people are of the view that this washing machine is may be like a masterpiece that happens once in a blue moon. Just do some quick searches and everything will just pop in a matter of second. Efforts of all sizes count. If you have simply no job an…

  27. Kevin Love Jersey

    ? View from the naked eye:If we examine and compare these methods from the naked eye, we will be on the result that there is a bit difference in these both methods. Process of washing is again another major difference because water is replaced with che…

  28. It’s hard to come by well-informed people for this topic, however, you
    seem like you know what you’re talking about! Thanks

  29. Eric Bledsoe Jersey

    It is important that ample Vitamin A is absorbed by the body to avoid such disorders. Everyone there has their own product to sell, and they won’t appreciate it.Don’t fall for any pyramid scheme. Be sure to look into the website or even con…

  30. Andrew Cashner Jersey

    If we talk about the conventional washing method, water is used too much in that specific old method. This might sound easy, but once you get to the point where you need to choose, that is where it becomes complicated. It will benefit you in the long r…

  31. Gary Medel Jersey

    Use blogging as a tool to increase awareness about your MLM business opportunities. These signature escada perfume are acknowledged to improve the reputation of many designers. You cannot learn something without getting some mistakes. It is crucial to…

  32. Cheap Jerseys From China

    Painting makes your house look elegant and beautiful. Seasoned travel nurses appreciate the free housing or stipend that is often included with the position, as well as the healthmedical insurance and travel reimbursement that goes hand in hand with th…

  33. No matter if some one searches for his necessary thing, thus he/she wishes to be available
    that in detail, therefore that thing is maintained over here.

  34. Kit says:

    This piece of writing will help the internet users for building up new blog or
    even a weblog from start to end.

  35. Stewartfloob says:

    wh0cd987428 [url=http://cialis2018.us.org/]cialis daily price[/url] [url=http://antabuse4you.us.com/]antabuse[/url] [url=http://seroquel4you.us.com/]seroquel xr 100mg[/url] [url=http://levitra911i.us.com/]Buy Levitra Online Usa[/url] [url=http://cialis50.us.com/]generic cialis[/url]

  36. Bretttub says:

    wh0cd61235 [url=http://plavix4you.us.com/]plavix generic cost[/url] [url=http://trazodone365.us.org/]trazodone 300 mg[/url] [url=http://benicar4you.us.com/]benicar[/url]

  37. Bretttub says:

    wh0cd61235 [url=http://lisinopril4you.us.com/]lisinopril[/url] [url=http://kamagra4you.us.com/]kamagra soft[/url] [url=http://levitra365.us.org/]levitra 20 mg[/url] [url=http://cialis911.us.com/]5mg cialis online[/url]

  38. Bretttub says:

    wh0cd61235 [url=http://tadacip4you.us.com/]tadacip[/url] [url=http://cialis18.us.com/]cialis[/url] [url=http://cialis365.us.org/]cialis 5mg daily[/url]

  39. Bretttub says:

    wh0cd61235 [url=http://prednisolone365.us.org/]PREDNISOLONE[/url] [url=http://tretinoin4you.us.com/]tretinoin gel[/url]

  40. Stewartfloob says:

    wh0cd61235 [url=http://effexor4you.us.com/]effexor drug[/url] [url=http://elocon4you.us.com/]elocon cream price[/url]

  41. BillyAcous says:

    wh0cd61235 [url=http://tadalafil4you.us.com/]TADALAFIL[/url] [url=http://sildenafil2018.us.com/]sildenafil citrate generic[/url] [url=http://furosemide4you.us.com/]as example[/url] [url=http://tadacip4you.us.com/]TADACIP[/url]

  42. Stewartfloob says:

    wh0cd61235 [url=http://sildenafil2018.us.org/]Sildenafil[/url] [url=http://lasix4you.us.com/]lasix 100 mg[/url] [url=http://antabuse4you.us.com/]antabuse without prescription[/url] [url=http://lexapro911.us.com/]lexapro price[/url] [url=http://sildenafil2018.us.com/]sildenafil[/url]

  43. AlfredSpica says:

    wh0cd61235 [url=http://cefixime4you.us.com/]Cefixime Gonorrhea[/url] [url=http://metformin4you.us.com/]metformin[/url] [url=http://anafranil4you.us.com/]anafranil depression[/url] [url=http://lexapro365.us.org/]lexapro[/url]

  44. You offer a very important information. I’ll be your regular website visitor.

  45. Charlesmic says:

    wh0cd61235 [url=http://furosemide365.us.org/]furosemide 80 mg[/url]

  46. Charlesmic says:

    wh0cd61235 [url=http://sildenafil18.us.org/]sildenafil citrate online pharmacy[/url] [url=http://zoloft4you.us.com/]Zoloft[/url] [url=http://tadalafil911.us.com/]tadalafil[/url]

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *