BootsnAll Travel Network



Jan 5 – Change of plans: To east coast of Malaysia– Mersing and Tioman Island

palm-grove-palm-oil-cultivation.jpgrice-fields.jpgsunset-tioman-island.jpghot-chick.jpgqueens-traveling.jpghardship-travel.jpgboat-to-tioman.jpg

Pictures:  Palm Groves – harvesting palm oil, rice paddies, Sunset at Tioman Island, Annika, Queens traveling on bus, Local bus – not always so tour looking or feeling, Ferry to Tioman Island, Tioman Island sunset (note:  if you click on the pictures they should blow up to a bigger look) 

Our guest house in Melaka was not what the books claimed it to be. It was very “rustic,” and the kids weren’t too pleased. Very hot with only a broken fan, and a well-used community toilet and cold showers. But I (Natalie) liked it – it was in an old Chinese style with hardwood floors and an inner verandah surrounding a central courtyard. The courtyard had huge banana palms growing up through the opening to the sky. Our room faced the street, which was only about 10 feet wide. A Chinese family was doing some deep housecleaning for the upcoming Chinese New Year at midnight! That, combined with the call to prayer at the mosque down the street made for a short night. The street we were on had a Chinese temple and a mosque within a stone’s throw from each other.  The next part of our journey is to head up to Kuala Lumpur. However, while getting breakfast at a traveler’s café, we met an English woman and our plans changed on the spot.  We decided to go out of our way across Malaysia to the east coast and then to Tioman Island.  We originally planned to do this in April, after the monsoon, since much of the east coast is shut down during the monsoon. But according to the woman we met, the island was open and it seemed we all needed a break from the heat and travel, so we took a chance and tomorrow we hope the winds die down so the ferry shuttle can take us to the island for some “rest” time…The trip to Mersing took close to 5 hours and the last two were on bumpy country roads with Malaysian “techno” music and a screeching women’s voice in the background. However, we passed through rice fields, miles of Palm Orchards for the cultivation of palm oil, and forest growth. Mersing is quite small and quiet. The kids were happy to find a restaurant that served pizza! An added experience was losing electricity in the middle of the meal! Getting back to our backpacker guesthouse, we enjoyed chatting with a German/Austrian couple, a Czech artist and the hostel owner who was originally from Yemen. We again lost electricity, but the kids pulled out their flashlights and got right into their journaling.   The wind is quite strong, we we hope they don’t cancel the ferry tomorrow. 



Tags:

32,719 responses to “Jan 5 – Change of plans: To east coast of Malaysia– Mersing and Tioman Island”

  1. Elebeu says:

    order rybelsus generic – semaglutide 14 mg canada buy DDAVP without prescription

  2. Seo-Ul-Gax says:

    Мы команда SEO-экспертов, специализирующихся на продвижении сайтов в поисковых системах.
    Мы постигли успехи в своей области и хотим поделиться с вами нашим опытом и навыками.
    Какими преимуществами вы сможете воспользоваться:
    продвижение бизнеса в интернете
    • Глубокий анализ вашего сайта и формирование индивидуального плана продвижения.
    • Улучшение контента и технических параметров вашего сайта для максимального эффекта.
    • Ежедневный анализ данных и мониторинг вашего онлайн-присутствия для постоянного улучшения его эффективности.
    Подробнее https://seo-prodvizhenie-ulyanovsk1.ru/
    Уже много клиентов оценили результаты: повышение посещаемости, улучшение позиций в поисковых запросах и, конечно же, рост бизнеса. Мы готовы предложить вам консультацию бесплатно, для того чтобы обсудить ваши потребности и разработать стратегию продвижения, соответствующую вашим целям и финансовым возможностям.
    Не упустите возможность улучшить свой бизнес в онлайн-мире. Обращайтесь к нам уже сегодня.

  3. Seo-Ul-Gax says:

    Мы эксперты профессиональных SEO-оптимизаторов, занимающихся увеличением трафика и улучшением рейтинга вашего сайта в поисковых системах.
    Наша команда добились впечатляющих результатов и стремимся передать вам наши знания и опыт.
    Какие услуги мы предоставляем:
    раскрутка сайта реклама сайта
    • Подробный анализ вашего сайта и создание персонализированной стратегии продвижения.
    • Повышение эффективности контента и технических аспектов вашего сайта.
    • Постоянный контроль и анализ данных для улучшения вашего онлайн-присутствия.
    Подробнее https://seo-prodvizhenie-ulyanovsk1.ru/
    Многие наши клиенты отмечают улучшения: рост посещаемости, улучшение позиций в поисковых системах и, конечно, рост бизнеса. Мы готовы предоставить вам бесплатную консультацию, для обсуждения ваших потребностей и разработки стратегии продвижения, соответствующей вашим целям и финансовым возможностям.
    Не упустите шанс улучшить свои результаты в интернете. Свяжитесь с нами прямо сейчас.

  4. Mjtvzl says:

    semaglutide 14 mg without prescription – buy glucovance online generic desmopressin

  5. Zyuhgw says:

    order lamisil 250mg pills – lamisil where to buy purchase grifulvin v sale

  6. ScottIders says:

    Rolex watches
    Understanding COSC Validation and Its Importance in Watchmaking
    COSC Certification and its Strict Criteria
    COSC, or the Official Swiss Chronometer Testing Agency, is the authorized Swiss testing agency that verifies the precision and accuracy of timepieces. COSC certification is a sign of superior craftsmanship and dependability in timekeeping. Not all watch brands follow COSC validation, such as Hublot, which instead sticks to its own strict standards with movements like the UNICO calibre, reaching similar accuracy.

    The Science of Precision Chronometry
    The core mechanism of a mechanized timepiece involves the spring, which delivers energy as it unwinds. This system, however, can be susceptible to environmental factors that may influence its precision. COSC-certified movements undergo rigorous testing—over fifteen days in various circumstances (5 positions, 3 temperatures)—to ensure their resilience and dependability. The tests assess:

    Typical daily rate accuracy between -4 and +6 seconds.
    Mean variation, peak variation levels, and impacts of temperature changes.
    Why COSC Accreditation Matters
    For watch fans and collectors, a COSC-certified watch isn’t just a piece of technology but a proof to enduring quality and precision. It represents a watch that:

    Offers excellent reliability and precision.
    Ensures confidence of superiority across the whole design of the timepiece.
    Is apt to retain its value more effectively, making it a sound choice.
    Well-known Chronometer Brands
    Several famous brands prioritize COSC certification for their watches, including Rolex, Omega, Breitling, and Longines, among others. Longines, for instance, offers collections like the Record and Spirit, which feature COSC-validated mechanisms equipped with innovative materials like silicon equilibrium suspensions to improve durability and efficiency.

    Historical Background and the Evolution of Chronometers
    The notion of the timepiece originates back to the need for precise chronometry for navigation at sea, emphasized by John Harrison’s work in the eighteenth century. Since the formal foundation of Controle Officiel Suisse des Chronometres in 1973, the accreditation has become a standard for judging the precision of luxury timepieces, maintaining a legacy of excellence in horology.

    Conclusion
    Owning a COSC-accredited timepiece is more than an visual selection; it’s a dedication to excellence and accuracy. For those appreciating precision above all, the COSC validation offers peacefulness of mind, ensuring that each accredited timepiece will perform reliably under various circumstances. Whether for personal satisfaction or as an investment, COSC-certified timepieces distinguish themselves in the world of horology, bearing on a legacy of meticulous chronometry.

  7. CharlieOxing says:

    Betwinner Промокод: 937999 – воспользуйтесь этим уникальным кодом, чтобы получить бонус в размере 100% до 25 000 рублей. На официальном сайте букмекерской конторы Betwinner вы сможете найти огромное количество событий, включая спортивные ставки, онлайн-казино, политические ставки и мгновенные игры.
    https://vsiknygy.net.ua/wp-content/pages/betwinner_promokod_2020.html

  8. Oannlg says:

    ketoconazole us – buy nizoral 200mg online cheap sporanox 100mg

  9. ScottIders says:

    casibom güncel
    Son Dönemsel En Fazla Popüler Casino Platformu: Casibom

    Kumarhane oyunlarını sevenlerin artık duymuş olduğu Casibom, son dönemde adından sıkça söz ettiren bir bahis ve kumarhane sitesi haline geldi. Ülkemizdeki en başarılı kumarhane web sitelerinden biri olarak tanınan Casibom’un haftalık olarak değişen erişim adresi, alanında oldukça taze olmasına rağmen itimat edilir ve kazandıran bir platform olarak öne çıkıyor.

    Casibom, rakiplerini geride bırakıp uzun soluklu bahis web sitelerinin önüne geçmeyi başarmayı sürdürüyor. Bu alanda köklü olmak önemli olsa da, oyunculardan etkileşimde olmak ve onlara erişmek da benzer derecede değerli. Bu durumda, Casibom’un gece gündüz yardım veren canlı destek ekibi ile rahatça iletişime temas kurulabilir olması büyük önem taşıyan bir artı sunuyor.

    Hızlıca genişleyen katılımcı kitlesi ile ilgi çeken Casibom’un arka planında başarım faktörleri arasında, sadece ve yalnızca kumarhane ve gerçek zamanlı casino oyunlarına sınırlı kısıtlı olmayan kapsamlı bir hizmetler yelpazesi bulunuyor. Spor bahislerinde sunduğu geniş alternatifler ve yüksek oranlar, oyuncuları çekmeyi başarmayı sürdürüyor.

    Ayrıca, hem spor bahisleri hem de bahis oyunları katılımcılara yönlendirilen sunulan yüksek yüzdeli avantajlı bonuslar da dikkat çekici. Bu nedenle, Casibom çabucak piyasada iyi bir tanıtım başarısı elde ediyor ve büyük bir katılımcı kitlesi kazanıyor.

    Casibom’un kazandıran ödülleri ve tanınırlığı ile birlikte, web sitesine üyelik ne şekilde sağlanır sorusuna da değinmek gerekir. Casibom’a mobil cihazlarınızdan, PC’lerinizden veya tabletlerinizden tarayıcı üzerinden kolayca erişilebilir. Ayrıca, web sitesinin mobil uyumlu olması da büyük bir artı sağlıyor, çünkü artık neredeyse herkesin bir akıllı telefonu var ve bu akıllı telefonlar üzerinden hızlıca giriş sağlanabiliyor.

    Hareketli cihazlarınızla bile yolda canlı bahisler alabilir ve müsabakaları gerçek zamanlı olarak izleyebilirsiniz. Ayrıca, Casibom’un mobil uyumlu olması, ülkemizde kumarhane ve kumarhane gibi yerlerin kanuni olarak kapatılmasıyla birlikte bu tür platformlara erişimin önemli bir yolunu oluşturuyor.

    Casibom’un güvenilir bir casino sitesi olması da önemlidir bir fayda sağlıyor. Lisanslı bir platform olan Casibom, sürekli bir şekilde eğlence ve kar sağlama imkanı sunar.

    Casibom’a kullanıcı olmak da oldukça kolaydır. Herhangi bir belge gereksinimi olmadan ve bedel ödemeden web sitesine kolayca abone olabilirsiniz. Ayrıca, site üzerinde para yatırma ve çekme işlemleri için de birçok farklı yöntem mevcuttur ve herhangi bir kesim ücreti talep edilmemektedir.

    Ancak, Casibom’un güncel giriş adresini izlemek de elzemdir. Çünkü gerçek zamanlı iddia ve oyun platformlar moda olduğu için hileli platformlar ve dolandırıcılar da görünmektedir. Bu nedenle, Casibom’un sosyal medya hesaplarını ve güncel giriş adresini düzenli aralıklarla kontrol etmek önemlidir.

    Sonuç, Casibom hem güvenilir hem de kazandıran bir kumarhane platformu olarak dikkat çekiyor. Yüksek ödülleri, geniş oyun alternatifleri ve kullanıcı dostu mobil uygulaması ile Casibom, kumarhane tutkunları için ideal bir platform sağlar.

  10. Rdtoje says:

    buy famvir paypal – order valcivir 500mg buy valaciclovir 500mg generic

  11. Nfrhmg says:

    buy generic nizoral over the counter – buy generic itraconazole online order generic itraconazole 100 mg

  12. DamianOxing says:

    Однако, существует возможность увеличить размер этого бонуса с помощью промокода betwinner. При использовании этого кода при регистрации, приветственный бонус увеличится на 30%. То есть, если игрок пополнил свой счет на 10 евро и использовал промокод, то его бонус составит уже 13 евро.
    https://vsiknygy.net.ua/wp-content/pages/betwinner_promokod_2020.html

  13. Icsjdt says:

    nizoral for sale online – where can i buy mentax buy sporanox online

  14. Dtzdpf says:

    how to buy famciclovir – oral famvir valcivir 500mg oral

  15. ScottIders says:

    Understanding COSC Certification and Its Importance in Horology
    COSC Validation and its Rigorous Standards
    Controle Officiel Suisse des Chronometres, or the Controle Officiel Suisse des Chronometres, is the authorized Swiss testing agency that verifies the accuracy and precision of timepieces. COSC accreditation is a symbol of quality craftsmanship and dependability in timekeeping. Not all timepiece brands follow COSC accreditation, such as Hublot, which instead follows to its proprietary strict criteria with mechanisms like the UNICO calibre, attaining equivalent precision.

    The Science of Precision Chronometry
    The central system of a mechanical timepiece involves the spring, which delivers power as it unwinds. This mechanism, however, can be prone to environmental elements that may impact its accuracy. COSC-certified mechanisms undergo rigorous testing—over 15 days in various conditions (5 positions, 3 temperatures)—to ensure their durability and dependability. The tests measure:

    Typical daily rate precision between -4 and +6 secs.
    Mean variation, peak variation rates, and impacts of thermal variations.
    Why COSC Accreditation Matters
    For watch enthusiasts and collectors, a COSC-accredited timepiece isn’t just a piece of tech but a proof to enduring excellence and precision. It signifies a timepiece that:

    Provides outstanding reliability and accuracy.
    Ensures confidence of quality across the whole construction of the watch.
    Is probable to hold its worth more efficiently, making it a smart investment.
    Popular Timepiece Brands
    Several renowned manufacturers prioritize COSC validation for their timepieces, including Rolex, Omega, Breitling, and Longines, among others. Longines, for instance, offers collections like the Archive and Soul, which showcase COSC-certified movements equipped with cutting-edge materials like silicone equilibrium suspensions to improve durability and performance.

    Historic Background and the Evolution of Timepieces
    The idea of the timepiece dates back to the requirement for exact chronometry for navigational at sea, highlighted by John Harrison’s work in the eighteenth century. Since the formal foundation of COSC in 1973, the validation has become a benchmark for evaluating the accuracy of high-end watches, maintaining a tradition of superiority in horology.

    Conclusion
    Owning a COSC-validated timepiece is more than an visual selection; it’s a commitment to quality and precision. For those valuing accuracy above all, the COSC certification provides peace of thoughts, guaranteeing that each accredited timepiece will operate dependably under various circumstances. Whether for personal contentment or as an investment decision, COSC-accredited watches distinguish themselves in the world of horology, carrying on a tradition of meticulous chronometry.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *