BootsnAll Travel Network



Jan 26-Feb2 – Andeman Islands -Thailand – Stage 1

Stage 1:  Koh Lipe, Koh _________?!, Koh Ngai

On to Thailand…

To go between the islands, you typically go by speed boat, or ferry, or long-tail boat.  This next leg of the journey was to be by speedboat.  Once again the dangers of travel arose.  The day before we were to travel to Koh Lipe, a speed boat had sunk just off the coast of Koh Lipe. That obviously was a concern – we decided to go with a different company.  You will see from the pictures what kind of boat we took.  However, it was a very windy and wavy day – white caps out on the ocean.  The driver was pushing the boat pretty fast compared to what we thought he should in these conditions, but then again, he does do this every day.  Natalie and kids were riding in the deep bow area, though the front was bouncing pretty heavily, but were keeping dry.  I, however, was in the back getting drenched.  I think I got more wet traveling in the boat than if I were snorkeling! When the boat bounced back down from the wave, it sprayed the whole end of the boat.  Everyone sitting in the back looked like drowned rats.  It didn’t feel real safe.  The biggest fear would be to get broadside of a wave – and all in the boat had heard of what happened the day before.  At one time, the driver put on a helmet that had a large visor. When he did that, we all were wondering what we were getting into. It basically helped him see better with all the spray coming in.  Anyways, when we finally saw land, the mood changed for the better.  Most were very thankful when their feet hit terra firma again.

Natalie’s writing now…

We’re just about finished visiting the southern Thai islands, and they are just as beautiful as I remember them, although much busier. What was once a backpacker “secret” (think the movie, “The Beach”) has now, for the most part, become Europe’s Hawaii. People come every year for their 2 week holiday and full-on resorts can be found in most places. Nevertheless, we were on the hunt for our secret piece of paradise. Our first try was Koh Lipe, which we reached by speedboat from Langkawi.  We thought we’d hit pay dirt (or pay sand) when we pulled ashore onto the whitest, softest sand we’d ever seen. After another short long tail boat ride to the other side of the island, we settled into two rustic bungalows just set back from turquoise water. We sat on our little front porch and heaved contented sighs; it was that feeling you get after a long day of skiing, when you first sink into a hot tub – Aaaaaaaaah…We soon discovered that paradise was no longer a secret. The long tail boats passed in front of our huts night and day. At particular times, (e.g. when the speedboats delivered a new batch of people to the island), it sounded like a long tail regatta, with the prize being given to the one with the loudest motor! After a few days, we’d had enough. We waited an extra day for everyone to get over their first bout of the Thailand trots, and happily left for an island we’d heard about from a Danish family.

Another 2 hour speed boat ride allowed some time for Tim to finally have some “alone” time as he sat in the bow listening to oldies on the iPod – Cat Stevens, America, Petra, Enya, etc. with the wind flying through his hair, watching the sea and islands fly by, and Annika lying in his lap reading. We finally found our “secret piece of paradise.” (So we’re NOT posting the name on the blog, unless you ask!) This is a very small island that you can walk across in half an hour. There are 2 resorts on the beach and a couple inland in the hills. By “resort,” I mean a collection of simple, spotless bungalows set back from the beach on a grass, pine and palm-covered field and a open air restaurant right on the beach. The bungalow had a double bed and a bunk bed, so we slept pretty cozy. There was no electricity between 9 am and   6 pm, but you could run your fan at night. Even though the bathroom was the simple joint toilet-shower combo, it was clean and smelled good! The beach is again white sand and fringed by a so-so reef. There’s not much to “do” here, but its quiet – no long tail boats and loud music – and beautiful. The perfect spot to catch up after pretty continual travelling. It also worked out as a place to rest as both girls got some bug and had 102 degree temps for a couple of days. Kids did quite a bit of homework and got into some good books; I tackled Anna Karenina, and Tim got caught up on putting pictures on the computer. We also had a bit of a science lesson when we stumbled across a small rubber plantation on one of our walks around the island. Saw how the sap is collected and heated, and then run through a press prior to shipment for further processing. All this in the middle of a small sea-gypsy village!

It was hard to pull up stakes and leave this island, but the kids were starting to get a bit antsy after so many days of lolling around and homework. We hadn’t gotten any more diving in, so we headed to Koh Ngai for diving. I didn’t enjoy it at all – probably because it wasn’t as pretty, and it was busier and with a weird vibe. Tim and Josh dove, but visibility was bad and it was a forgettable dive. Everybody (except Tim!) had a pretty serious bout of homesickness about now. Left after 2 days and went to back to the mainland and Krabi to deal with our visa problems.



Tags:

31,615 responses to “Jan 26-Feb2 – Andeman Islands -Thailand – Stage 1”

  1. Stevsmith says:

    There are some of the best platforms from where you can extend the range of your existing wifi network. Linksys extender setup-xxx is one of them, which also provides you the free setup service for your extender. So, to take the benefits, go for it. extender.linksys.com

  2. I really enjoy your web’s topic. Very creative and friendly for users. Definitely bookmark this and follow it everyday. 카지노사이트

  3. I’ve a project that I am just now working on, and I have been on the look out for such information.

    슬롯머신사이트

  4. Hello, i think that i saw you visited my site this i came to “return the favor”.I am trying to find things to enhance my web site!I suppose its ok to use a few of your ideas!!
    텍사스홀덤

  5. EdwardGem says:

    Free online dating sites,:
    [url=https://gralanina.blogspot.com/2021/06/besten-gay-dating-seiten.html]Besten Gay Dating Seiten[/url] – Neville_Bartos, 15th September
    https://bodahuret.blogspot.com/2021/06/dating-seite-beschreibung-studie.html
    https://cuilozim.blogspot.com/2021/07/all-free-online-dating.html

    [url=https://monasanre.blogspot.com/2021/06/online-dating-malta.html]Online Dating Malta[/url]
    [url=https://tamadatu.blogspot.com/2021/07/online-dating-typen.html]Online Dating Typen[/url]
    [url=https://apsaladiso.blogspot.com/2021/07/online-dating-spain.html]Online Dating Spain[/url]
    [url=https://astenpoih.blogspot.com/2021/07/happy-hour-online-dating.html]Happy Hour Online Dating[/url]
    [url=https://rocorontea.blogspot.com/2021/07/ftm-deutsche-dating-seiten.html]Ftm Deutsche Dating Seiten[/url]
    [url=https://reaniko.blogspot.com/2021/06/online-dating-sites-with-free-messaging.html]Online Dating Sites With Free Messaging[/url]
    [url=https://ayponepe.blogspot.com/2021/07/key-datei-in-powerpoint-konvertieren_21.html]Key Datei In Powerpoint Konvertieren 21[/url]
    [url=https://herasonya.blogspot.com/2021/06/kostenlose-dating-portale-forum.html]Kostenlose Dating Portale Forum[/url]

  6. Albert says:

    Midterms could write any type of academic paper for you. Save your time and enjoy life instead of tormenting yourself with homework.
    https://mid-terms.com/do-my-excel-assignment/

  7. xebetPet says:

    The cleverness to instate an online casino on a smartphone makes the gaming change more satisfactory and does not cord the sportswoman to a stationary computer, and different PC programs provide a closed Internet connection. Gamblers are exhilarated to buy such software to access gambling diversion, so operators offer them functioning applications payment smartphones and PCs. On this page we bring into the world unperturbed the best casino apps after Android with a physical boodle game.
    Many operators present unencumbered download of online casinos for Android [url=”https://1xbetsitefr.com”]1xbet Guinea[/url] exchange for real money with withdrawal to electronic wallets or bank cards. Expressive casinos are being developed quest of the convenience of customers and attracting a larger audience. Such applications enjoy a gang of undeniable advantages:

    Access to the casino from anywhere where there is Wi-Fi or mobile Internet. At the changeless all at once, applications do not fasten on up much space in the thingamajig’s memory.
    The functionality corresponds to the desktop version of the resource: you can arouse bonuses, participate in tournaments, well provided your account, fake hollow out machines pro money in the effort with the withdrawal of winnings, etc.
    End-to-end registration. There is no miss to additionally archives from your phone if you have on the agenda c trick an lively account.
    Untie demos. Gamblers can open any video slot or meals dissimulate in a unfettered lawsuit mode.
    The exclusively drawback of the adaptation adapted for pocket devices may be the absence of some titles in the presented collection. The travelling effort of an online casino with slot machines for playing on account of money gives access only to slots in HTML5 format, but so far not all providers have redesigned their portfolios in accordance with this requirement. Notwithstanding, the largest manufacturers have been producing notch machines for different years entrancing into account late standards and remaking long-standing titles for them, which are notably current among gamblers.

    To boot, providers settle into account the features of pocket-sized devices when creating games. A primary interface and odd modes of use are being developed after them. After model, Wazdan offers a feature that increases the battery conservation of the appliance by way of 40%, and Ultra Lite technology, which preserves the counterpart je sais quoi and download hurriedness with a past it Internet connection. Vacancy machines on the phone have only a start button and a punt level control.

    The gaming interface on a young camouflage is marginally modified compared to the desktop manifestation, so it is to some advantageous to production in the casino appositeness towards in dough from your phone, manage slots and groove machines. The biggest menu is occult in drop-down windows, and links to the fundamental sections are habitual at the complete or origin of the screen. Also, the online converse term button in the interest of contacting technical hold up specialists is unexceptionally in sight.

    Since the Google Court and AppStore digital distribution services impose hard restrictions on gambling programs, you can download the casino diligence to your phone against playing material money from the documented website. To download, you require call a together to the apk complete and the purchaser’s acquiescence to inaugurate and run the program. Sometimes operators delivery comprehensive connection instructions on the servant with a connect, and if there are difficulties, the consumer can perpetually consult with the character service.

    Some licensed casinos also offer clients programs recompense private computers and laptops. You can Casino App them from the certified website. Such software is renowned proper to speedy uninterrupted access to games from the desktop without using a browser.

  8. xebetPet says:

    Регистрация и основные шаги в casino x
    Для входа дозволительно пользоваться социальные сети в [url=”http://casino-x.pp.ua”]stick casino[/url]. Только в случае, буде кто-то хочет создать полную учетную запись, было желание важно использовать регистрационную форму. Там должен довольно заполнить некоторые поля, примерно, эпитет пользователя и адрес электронной почты.

    Примечание! Электронная почта очень важна, потому который она играет занятие связующего звена среди депозитом и счетом. При этом, в случае, коли пользователь потеряет доступ, адрес электронной почты будет использован чтобы подтверждения его владения.

    Казино добавило специальную страницу, на которой дозволено заботиться за всеми будущими акциями и специальными предложениями. Игроки, которые хотят испытать удачу, должны пользоваться ее, для умерять внимание.

  9. Visiting island is my favorite holiday destination. i am a writer, i remember when i last visited island and were enjoying my holiday. one of my client called me asked for help on the urgent basis, he wanted human dissertation writing service from me. i could not say him NO. so, i turn on my laptop and did his help but wasted my whole day on work. Now whenever i go on holidays, i switched off my phone to enjoy more.

  10. Alex Clark says:

    Thank you so much for the article! I love traveling, as I have been doing this for a long time and record vlogs from traveling to the camera and mount them using movavi https://www.movavi.com/videoeditor/ . Recently I managed to visit the countries of South Africa. It was very interesting

  11. I think this is an informative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable. therefore, I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article.

  12. JamesCCGut says:

    Jan 26-Feb2 – Andeman Islands -Thailand – Stage 1 » TravelBlog Archive » Tahoe Johnson’s Journey to Southeast Asia

    Производя поиск в интернете, веб-серфер,юзер все равно столкнется с маркетплейсом Hydra-onion:https://xn--hydr2wb-dn4cki.com . Многие пользователи сети хотят закупаться быстро и абсолютно безопасно. Реально внушительный IT маркет c интересными позициями,которые не найдешь в обычном браузере, представлен на странице Hydra-onion – https://xn--hdraruxzpnew4af-n35h.com . При регистрации на сайте или в переписках никому не сообщайте свои личные данные, придумайте логин и отображамое имя, которое отличается от логина. Также придумаете надёжный пароль от 8 символов и больше. hydraruzxpnew4af зеркала

    [url=https://xn--hdraruzpnew4af-vq9g.com]правильная ссылка на hydra
    [/url]

  13. It seems like I’ve never seen an article of a kind like . It literally means the best thorn. It seems to be a fantastic article. It is the best among articles related to 바카라사이트 . seems very easy, but it’s a difficult kind of article, and it’s perfect.

  14. JamesCCGut says:

    Jan 26-Feb2 – Andeman Islands -Thailand – Stage 1 » TravelBlog Archive » Tahoe Johnson’s Journey to Southeast Asia

    Для пользователей, кто находиться в поисках интересных товаров, мы предлагаем рассмотреть официальный сайт Гидра: https://hydraruszsxpnew4af.xyz . Это уникальная площадка, которая предоставляет каждому найти необходимый для себя товар и оформить его в несколько кликов. Здесь можно найти все самое необычное, сравнить сделки различных продавцов и выбрать для себя наиболее подходящее. Гидра сайт – это единственная территория, в которой собраны десятки тысяч товаров от людей во всех городах России. Достаточно только перейти на веб-сайт hydraruzxpnew4af, выбрать интересующую категорию и выбрать все самое нужное среди множества предложений. Главное, что Гидра сайт действует полностью инкогнито и не нуждается в дополнительных манипуляциях для работы. гидра тор

    [url=https://hydraruzspsnew4af.xyz]гидра официальный
    [/url]

  15. Visiting Andaman Islands Thailand is a dream for some people. They should decide before leaving about the weather, and places to visit there. I am offering assignment writing services and these kinds of assignments are in my portfolio.

  16. 룰렛 says:

    I was looking for another article by chance and found your article 룰렛 I am writing on this topic, so I think it will help a lot. I leave my blog address below. Please visit once.

  17. I think a lot of articles related to are disappearing someday. That’s why it’s very hard to find, but I’m very fortunate to read your writing. When you come to my site, I have collected articles related to 크레이지슬롯 .

  18. Ronaldlurdy says:

    [url=https://www.wildberries.ru/catalog/58211503/detail.aspx]резинки бантики для собак[/url]

    [url=https://afcacia.com/2020/09/14/paxful-adds-tether-stablecoin-to-its-platform/#comment-284851]бантики для собак[/url] 8d9f792

  19. poppam says:

    ปั่นสล็อตได้ไม่อั้น ambbet สล็อตไม่ต้องทำเทิร์น ถอนได้ไม่อั้น ฝากถอนอัตโนมัติ ไม่มีขั้นต่ำ ไม่มีค่าทำเนียม เว็บสล็อตออนไลน์ครบวงจร ambbets.com มีเกมสล็อตค่ายชั้นนำให้เลือกเล่นมากกว่า 300 เกม เกมสล็อตเเตกง่าย ครบทุกเกม ฝากเงินเล่นเกมรับเครดิตฟรีไม่อั้น โปรโมชั่นเพียบ กดรับเองไม่ต้องเเชร์ ไม่มีเงื่อนไข เปิดบริการ 24 ชม.

  20. ravitejafe says:

    Fieldengineer.com (FE) is a global on-demand workforce for the telecom & system support industry. The platform enables businesses to hire engineers beyond their reach on-demand, on-budget. FE is a powerful platform designed to eliminate the hurdles of finding qualified talent on-demand worldwide. FE is proving to be an indispensable global marketplace.
    what is network engineer

  21. Thanks for sharing this marvelous post. I m very pleased to read this article.

  22. This is a great website and good share. I want to thank you. very nice! You guys make a great blog, and have some great content. Keep up the good work. 토토사이트

  23. I must say I impressed with your work. I loved to read such kind of article which is one of these, I’ve found here a lot of interesting information. 파워볼사이트

  24. I have a similar interest this is my page read everything carefully and let me know what you think. 안전놀이터

  25. Douglasvutty says:

    электроштабелеры для складов
    [url=https://elektroshtabeler-kupit.ru]http://elektroshtabeler-kupit.ru[/url]

  26. CharlesQuavy says:

    электроштабелер
    [url=https://elektroshtabeler-kupit.ru]https://www.elektroshtabeler-kupit.ru/[/url]

  27. WilliamDiend says:

    самоходный штабелер
    [url=https://shtabeler-elektricheskiy-samokhodnyy.ru]https://www.shtabeler-elektricheskiy-samokhodnyy.ru[/url]

  28. Yes, it’s quite difficult, especially if you learn https://us.essayassistant.org/buy-coursework-online/ all this a few months before the exam. But the ability to work with information is the most important, basic, they are needed for everyday life, and for learning at school and university, and for successful professional activities.

  29. AnthonyFok says:

    подъемник ножничный
    [url=https://nozhnichnyye-podyemniki-dlya-sklada.ru]https://nozhnichnyye-podyemniki-dlya-sklada.ru[/url]

  30. Pg slot สล็อต เว็บตรงเว็บสล็อตออนไลน์ แตกง่ายจ่ายจริง แจกหนัก แตกหนัง กับ เว็บ pg-slot.game ของเรา ที่กำลังมาแรง แซงเว็บเกมอันดับต้น ๆ ไปหมดแล้ว สมัครสมาชิกได้แล้ววันนี้

  31. JesseEtert says:

    электро рохля с подъемным механизмом
    [url=https://samokhodnyye-elektricheskiye-telezhki.ru]https://samokhodnyye-elektricheskiye-telezhki.ru[/url]

  32. MichaelPiera says:

    электророхля
    [url=https://samokhodnyye-elektricheskiye-telezhki.ru]http://samokhodnyye-elektricheskiye-telezhki.ru[/url]

  33. JrvxDaype says:

    buy viagra online uk generic viagra 100mg india viagra 25 mg order

  34. cialis 20mg price how to enhance cialis effect how much cialis can you take

  35. DennisHip says:

    подъемник мачтовый
    [url=https://podyemniki-machtovyye-teleskopicheskiye.ru]https://www.podyemniki-machtovyye-teleskopicheskiye.ru[/url]

  36. Afgounion says:

    cialis online from canada cialis au buy brand cialis 20 mg

  37. I love reading through and I believe this website got some genuinely utilitarian stuff on it!
    https://www.sportstotomen.com

  38. gostopsite says:

    There is perceptibly a lot to identify about this.
    https://www.gostopsite.com

  39. 19guide03 says:

    I assume you made certain nice points in features also.
    https://www.19guide03.com

  40. RonaldLal says:

    подъемник мачтовый
    [url=https://podyemniki-machtovyye-teleskopicheskiye.ru]https://podyemniki-machtovyye-teleskopicheskiye.ru[/url]

  41. Jan 26-Feb2 says:

    Safe Proxies

    I found a great…

  42. RichardCit says:

    самоходный подъемник
    [url=https://podyemniki-machtovyye-teleskopicheskiye.ru]http://podyemniki-machtovyye-teleskopicheskiye.ru[/url]

  43. slotsite says:

    I’m writing on this topic these days, slotsite, but I have stopped writing because there is no reference material. Then I accidentally found your article. I can refer to a variety of materials, so I think the work I was preparing will work! Thank you for your efforts.

  44. totopickpro says:

    It is very rare these days to find sites that provide information someone is watching for.
    토토사이트

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *