BootsnAll Travel Network



Jan 26-Feb2 – Andeman Islands -Thailand – Stage 1

Stage 1:  Koh Lipe, Koh _________?!, Koh Ngai

On to Thailand…

To go between the islands, you typically go by speed boat, or ferry, or long-tail boat.  This next leg of the journey was to be by speedboat.  Once again the dangers of travel arose.  The day before we were to travel to Koh Lipe, a speed boat had sunk just off the coast of Koh Lipe. That obviously was a concern – we decided to go with a different company.  You will see from the pictures what kind of boat we took.  However, it was a very windy and wavy day – white caps out on the ocean.  The driver was pushing the boat pretty fast compared to what we thought he should in these conditions, but then again, he does do this every day.  Natalie and kids were riding in the deep bow area, though the front was bouncing pretty heavily, but were keeping dry.  I, however, was in the back getting drenched.  I think I got more wet traveling in the boat than if I were snorkeling! When the boat bounced back down from the wave, it sprayed the whole end of the boat.  Everyone sitting in the back looked like drowned rats.  It didn’t feel real safe.  The biggest fear would be to get broadside of a wave – and all in the boat had heard of what happened the day before.  At one time, the driver put on a helmet that had a large visor. When he did that, we all were wondering what we were getting into. It basically helped him see better with all the spray coming in.  Anyways, when we finally saw land, the mood changed for the better.  Most were very thankful when their feet hit terra firma again.

Natalie’s writing now…

We’re just about finished visiting the southern Thai islands, and they are just as beautiful as I remember them, although much busier. What was once a backpacker “secret” (think the movie, “The Beach”) has now, for the most part, become Europe’s Hawaii. People come every year for their 2 week holiday and full-on resorts can be found in most places. Nevertheless, we were on the hunt for our secret piece of paradise. Our first try was Koh Lipe, which we reached by speedboat from Langkawi.  We thought we’d hit pay dirt (or pay sand) when we pulled ashore onto the whitest, softest sand we’d ever seen. After another short long tail boat ride to the other side of the island, we settled into two rustic bungalows just set back from turquoise water. We sat on our little front porch and heaved contented sighs; it was that feeling you get after a long day of skiing, when you first sink into a hot tub – Aaaaaaaaah…We soon discovered that paradise was no longer a secret. The long tail boats passed in front of our huts night and day. At particular times, (e.g. when the speedboats delivered a new batch of people to the island), it sounded like a long tail regatta, with the prize being given to the one with the loudest motor! After a few days, we’d had enough. We waited an extra day for everyone to get over their first bout of the Thailand trots, and happily left for an island we’d heard about from a Danish family.

Another 2 hour speed boat ride allowed some time for Tim to finally have some “alone” time as he sat in the bow listening to oldies on the iPod – Cat Stevens, America, Petra, Enya, etc. with the wind flying through his hair, watching the sea and islands fly by, and Annika lying in his lap reading. We finally found our “secret piece of paradise.” (So we’re NOT posting the name on the blog, unless you ask!) This is a very small island that you can walk across in half an hour. There are 2 resorts on the beach and a couple inland in the hills. By “resort,” I mean a collection of simple, spotless bungalows set back from the beach on a grass, pine and palm-covered field and a open air restaurant right on the beach. The bungalow had a double bed and a bunk bed, so we slept pretty cozy. There was no electricity between 9 am and   6 pm, but you could run your fan at night. Even though the bathroom was the simple joint toilet-shower combo, it was clean and smelled good! The beach is again white sand and fringed by a so-so reef. There’s not much to “do” here, but its quiet – no long tail boats and loud music – and beautiful. The perfect spot to catch up after pretty continual travelling. It also worked out as a place to rest as both girls got some bug and had 102 degree temps for a couple of days. Kids did quite a bit of homework and got into some good books; I tackled Anna Karenina, and Tim got caught up on putting pictures on the computer. We also had a bit of a science lesson when we stumbled across a small rubber plantation on one of our walks around the island. Saw how the sap is collected and heated, and then run through a press prior to shipment for further processing. All this in the middle of a small sea-gypsy village!

It was hard to pull up stakes and leave this island, but the kids were starting to get a bit antsy after so many days of lolling around and homework. We hadn’t gotten any more diving in, so we headed to Koh Ngai for diving. I didn’t enjoy it at all – probably because it wasn’t as pretty, and it was busier and with a weird vibe. Tim and Josh dove, but visibility was bad and it was a forgettable dive. Everybody (except Tim!) had a pretty serious bout of homesickness about now. Left after 2 days and went to back to the mainland and Krabi to deal with our visa problems.



Tags:

31,380 responses to “Jan 26-Feb2 – Andeman Islands -Thailand – Stage 1”

  1. home gym says:

    Howdy! I just want to give you a huge thumbs up
    for your excellent information you’ve got here on this post.

    I am returning to your web site for more soon.

  2. wvkflvtwh says:

    Jan 26-Feb2 – Andeman Islands -Thailand – Stage 1 » TravelBlog Archive » Tahoe Johnson’s Journey to Southeast Asia
    [url=http://www.gvdf181ws3o916981t435p5ajqe9iik5s.org/]uwvkflvtwh[/url]
    wvkflvtwh http://www.gvdf181ws3o916981t435p5ajqe9iik5s.org/
    awvkflvtwh

  3. A few of the web sites will give you a free of charge facility to download videos while others are compensated types which means you need to pay expenses according to the height and width of the film. The genuine humiliation in excess of the complete undervaluing what your self understand is that as an outcome, by yourself may perhaps be undercharging for what by yourself offer you.The Yankees hoped that Banuelos, Dellin Betances and Michael Pineda would provide young, affordable and strong starting pitching within the next two years.. Waiting longer may cost you the customer, and they may mention the lack of response to others.
    Cheap China Jerseys

  4. No entanto pautado que singular tanto vulgar dentre melancia (110 g) possui em torno de 150 miligramas de citrulina. http://www.speranzaonlus.org/?option=com_k2&view=itemlist&task=user&id=108754

  5. We’re a gaggle of volunteers and opening a brand new scheme in our community.
    Your site provided us with useful info to work on. You’ve performed
    an impressive job and our entire group will probably be grateful
    to you.

  6. Do you have a spam problem on this blog; I also am a blogger,
    and I was wondering your situation; many of us have created some nice methods and
    we are looking to swap strategies with others, please shoot me
    an email if interested.

  7. Some individuals purchase a reproduction Cartier uhren just for examining time, similar to this

  8. Jan 26-Feb2 – Andeman Islands -Thailand – Stage 1 » TravelBlog Archive » Tahoe Johnson’s Journey to Southeast Asia

  9. Jan 26-Feb2 – Andeman Islands -Thailand – Stage 1 » TravelBlog Archive » Tahoe Johnson’s Journey to Southeast Asia

  10. Jan 26-Feb2 – Andeman Islands -Thailand – Stage 1 » TravelBlog Archive » Tahoe Johnson’s Journey to Southeast Asia

  11. “Nonna, come hanno la bocca così grande ah? Spaventoso per te?”

  12. Elizabeth says:

    Se ver que lhe cabeça perdeu a seiva contudo cai continuadamente, todavia
    pertinente fixar concomitante com utilidade de chapinhas,
    secadores nem equipamentos que forneça ânimo nesse mundo aos cabelos. http://mb.it8851.com/comment/html/index.php?page=1&id=1055

  13. Swivige says:

    die Unvergleichliche Mitteilung, gefällt mir sehr:)
    http://www.lakenormancrawlers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=123236
    http://masseffectforums.com/showthread.php?p=1610904&posted=1#post1610904
    [url=http://www.xbox-liveforum.de/showthread.php?1055895-free-first-person-shooter-games-xbox-liveforum-de&p=2206045#post2206045]multiplayer online shooter[/url]
    [url=http://www.seamansite.org/forum/index.php?topic=286338.new#new]online game shooter free[/url]

  14. Jan 26-Feb2 – Andeman Islands -Thailand – Stage 1 » TravelBlog Archive » Tahoe Johnson’s Journey to Southeast Asia

  15. I’ve examine Breitling replica watches once again and created evaluation between these knock-offs with all the actual one in every element to preventing being regreted.

  16. Jan 26-Feb2 – Andeman Islands -Thailand – Stage 1 » TravelBlog Archive » Tahoe Johnson’s Journey to Southeast Asia

  17. Kathi says:

    Temperos que ligado a que ponto Viagra lhano:
     pimenta, pimentão, prego, canela-preta, coentro, gengibre, manjericão, curry, orégão, açafrão. http://forum.ogadget.ru/blog/638.html

  18. “Nonna, come la mano di un grande modo così?”

  19. Wholesale China Jerseys…

    It may not take off immediately, but it will be worth the time you put into it. Just pay a visit to the internet and search for these coupon codes. Anyone curious in your products and services probable has known others with similar interests, which mea…

  20. Thanks for finally writing about > Jan 26-Feb2 –
    Andeman Islands -Thailand – Stage 1 » TravelBlog Archive » Tahoe Johnson’s
    Journey to Southeast Asia < Loved it!

  21. Safety Shoes says:

    OSHATOES meet or exceed the following requirementsASTM F 2413-05 (US)ANSI Z41PT91 for Class 75 (US)ASTM F 2412- 05 – Class 75 (US)CE (European)15″ x 16.
    Safety Shoes

  22. Howdy, I think your website may be having browser compatibility
    problems. When I look at your blog in Safari,
    it looks fine however when opening in Internet Explorer, it’s got some
    overlapping issues. I merely wanted to give you a quick heads up!
    Aside from that, excellent website!

  23. Se eu bem me lembro não é possível que trepar até tanto tempo (relaxa,
    última coisa que você vai querer é isso por causa da cólica), não fazer dedicação, erguer peso, por uma semana mais ou
    menos. http://www.lexingtonpublishingco.com/UserProfile/tabid/57/userId/7258/Default.aspx

  24. Link exchange is nothing else however it is simply placing the other person’s webpage link
    on your page at proper place and other person will also do same for you.

  25. Temos única maravilhosa divulgação com relação a o
    senhor (no entanto senhor espertalhão), está em sua distribuição qualquer
    artifício a fim de mudar esses doenças menos a pipi
    desde alguém receita médica bem como tem nome de família
    Xtrasize, Viagra proveniente. http://Inegolbayanescortbul.com/author/shondabach0/

  26. She will guide you the instructions how to obtain FBLeadChef Discount. Think about earning people’s business versus beating your chest and telling people how wonderful your products are.tumblr. There are some web sites which permit consumers to view any motion picture online merely if you’re certainly not thinking about downloading it any video use this choice.Banuelos, 21, was shut down in May at TripleA and never returned to action.

  27. Outra culpa conciliatório a desvio com crina nesse pacientes por meio de Hashimoto é a má
    trânsito. http://www.xiangyanshui.com/comment/html/index.php?page=1&id=24196

  28. Wizard of Id-鈥漁h and by the way I just blew the kingdom鈥檚 budget on a psychic.鈥?
    giuseppe zanotti outlet

  29. Pack lightLuggage is surely an essential component of travelling, and it really is a practical reality that most of us desire to pack a light luggage but in the finish, we end up with a heavy luggage, which not just becomes cumbersome throughout our travelling but also spoils the entire satisfaction of travelling. You will be given 30% price cut about every merchandise you buy on the webpage. Consequently, this will improve that you simply choose free of charge selection because it will probably be good for you. A few of that suggestions which has proven useful inside the past for individuals would be to figure out what kind of attraction they want to see when traveling, to figure out how much cash they’ve offered to spend around the excursion, as well as how long they can spend at the place without having it creating harm. Prospective buyers who are equipped towards generate all 6 or 10 stamps could buy an absolutely free espresso or a costfree therapeutic massage.
    Wholesale Jerseys From China

  30. I have been browsing online more thann 4 hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like
    yours. It’s pretty worth enough for me. In my opinion, if all sitte owners and bloggers made good cotent ass you did,
    the inmternet will be much more useful than ever before.|
    I could not resist commenting. Well written!|
    I will right away grasp your rss as I can’t in finding your e-mail subscription liunk or newsletter service.
    Do you’ve any? Kindly allow me realize so tat
    I may just subscribe. Thanks.|
    It is perfect time to make some plans for the future and it’s time too
    be happy. I’ve read this post and if I cold I desire to suggest you few interesting things or advice.

    Maybe you ciuld write next articles referring to this article.

    I desire tto read even more things about it!|
    It’s appropriate timee to makle some plans for the future and iit is time to be happy.
    I’ve resad this put up and if I may I want to counsel you few
    attention-grabbing things or tips. Maybe you could write subsequent articles
    regarding this article. I desire to read even more things about it!|
    I’ve been surfing on-line greater han three hours nowadays, yet I by no means discovered
    any attention-grabbing article like yours. It’s lovely worth sufficient for me.

    In my view, if alll website owners and bloggers made good content material as you probably did, tthe net can be a lot more useful than ever before.|
    Ahaa, its good conversation concerning this article at this place at
    this webpage, I have read all that, so now me also commenting here.|
    I am sure this post has touched all thhe interhet people, its really really
    good article on building up new website.|
    Wow, this article is fastidious, my sister is analyzing these kinds of things, therefore I am going to let know her.|
    Saved as a favorite, I really like your website!|
    Way cool! Some extremely valid points! I appreciate
    yoou penning this ost aand also the rest of the website is really good.|
    Hi, I do think this is an excellent blog. I stumbledupon it 😉 I
    may come back once again since I bookmarked it.

    Momey and freedom is the best way to change, may you be rich
    and conttinue to help others.|
    Woah! I’m really digging the template/theme oof this website.
    It’s simple, yet effective. A lot of times it’s hard too get that “perfect balance” between usability andd visual appeal.
    I must say that you’ve done a amazing job with this. In addition, the blog loads very quick for me on Safari.
    Exceptional Blog!|
    These are in fact great ideas in regarding blogging.
    You have touched some good points here. Any way keep up wrinting.|
    I enjoy what you guys are usualloy up too. This type of
    clever work and exposure! Keep up the wonderful works guys I’ve included you guys too blogroll.|
    Hi there! Someone in my Facebook grup shared this website with us
    so I came to take a look. I’m definitely enjoying the information. I’m bookmarking and will be
    tweeting this to my followers! Exxcellent blog and outstanding design and style.|
    I enjoy what you guys are up too. This type of clever work and coverage!Keep up the great works guys I’ve added you guys to my personal blogroll.|
    Hi there would you mind sharing which blog platform you’re working with?
    I’m going to start my own blog soon but I’m having
    a difficult time choosing between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and
    Drupal. The reason I ask is because your design and style
    seems different tyen mosxt blogs and I’m looking for something completely
    unique. P.S Sorry for getting off-topic but I had to ask!|
    Howdy would you mind letting mee know which hosting company you’re using?

    I’ve loaded your blog in 3 completely different internet
    browsers and I must say this blog loads a lot quicker then most.
    Can you suggest a good internet hosting provider aat a reasonable price?
    Kudos, I appreciate it!|
    I lpve it whn people get together and share ideas.
    Great site, stick with it!|
    Thank you for the auspicious writeup. It in fact was
    a amusement account it. Look advanced to more added agreeable from you!
    By the way, how can we communicate?|
    Hello just wanted to give you a quick heads up. The words in your article seem to be running off the screen in Ie.
    I’m noot sure if this iis a formatting issue or soomething to
    do with browser compatibility but I figured I’d
    post too let you know. The design look great though!
    Hope you get the issue resolved soon. Many thanks|
    This is a topic that is near to my heart… Take care!
    Where are your contact details though?|
    It’s vsry simple to find out any topic oon web as compared to textbooks, as
    I foujnd thius article at this web page.|
    Does your website have a conntact page? I’m
    having trouble locawting it but, I’d like
    to send you an e-mail. I’ve got some creatove ideas for your blog you might be interested in hearing.
    Either way, great site and I look forward to seeing it develop over time.|
    Hello! I’ve ben following your site for ssome time now and finally
    got thee bravery to go ahead and give you a shout out from Kingwood Tx!

    Jusst wanted to mentrion keep up the excelllent job!|
    Greetings from Ohio! I’m bored at work so I decided to browse your
    blog on my iphone during lunch break. I really like the info you present here and can’t wait to take a look when I
    get home. I’m surprised at how fast your blog loaded on my mobile ..
    I’m not even using WIFI, just 3G .. Anyways, very good site!|
    Its such as you read my thoughts! You seem to know so much about this, like
    you wrote the guide in it or something. I believe that you just could do with some % to drive the message home a little
    bit, however other than that, that iss great blog.

    A fantastic read. I’ll certainly be back.|
    I visited several sites however the audio quality
    for audio songs current at this sire iss actually fabulous.|
    Hi, i read yoour blkog occasionally and i own a similar
    one and i was just wondering if yoou get a lot of spam responses?
    If so how do you stop it, any plugjn orr anything you can advise?
    I get so much lately it’s drivving me insane so any assistance is very much appreciated.|
    Greetings! Very helpful advice within this post! It’s
    the little changes hat make the mkst significant changes.
    Thanks ffor sharing!|
    I really love your blog.. Very nie colors & theme. Did you make tjis web site yourself?
    Pleasee reply back as I’m wanting to create mmy very own blog and want to learn where you got this from or just
    what the theme is named. Cheers!|
    Hello there! This blog post couldn’t be written much
    better! Looking through this post reminds me of my previous roommate!
    He continually kept talking about this. I’ll forward this
    informatioon to him. Fairly certain he will have a good read.
    Many thanks for sharing!|
    Wow! This blog looks just like my old one! It’s oon a entirely different subject but it hass pretty
    much the same page layout and design. Superb choice
    of colors!|
    There is definately a lot to find out about this topic.

    I really like aall the points you’ve made.|
    Yoou have made some decent points there. I looked on the intrnet tto learn more about the issue
    and found most individuals will go along with your views on this website.|
    Hello, I read your new stuff like every week.Your humoristic style is awesome, keep it up!|
    I simply couldn’t go away your web site prtior to suggesting that I really loved
    the standard info a pereson provide to your guests? Is gonna
    be again steadily to inspect new posts|
    I need to too thank yyou for this very god read!!
    I absolutelly lopved every bit of it. I’ve got you boookmarked to
    check out new stuff you post…|
    Hi, just wanted to tell you, I loved this blig post.
    It wwas helpful. Keep on posting!|
    Hi there, I enjoy reading through your article post.
    I like to write a little comment to support you.|
    I every time spent my half an hour to read this website’s articles
    everyday along with a mug of coffee.|
    I all the time emailed this weblog post page to all myy associates, because if like
    to read it after that my contacts will too.|
    My coder is trying to persuade me to mov to .net from PHP.
    I have always disliked the idea because oof the costs. But he’s trryiong none
    tthe less. I’ve been using Movable-type on various websites forr about a
    year and am nervous about switching to another platform.
    I have heard good thinhs about blogengine.net.
    Is there a way I can import all my worddpress content into it?
    Any help would be really appreciated!|
    Hello there! I could have sworn I’ve been to thnis blog before but after
    going through many of the posts I realized it’s new to
    me. Regardless, I’m definitely happy I discovered it and I’ll be bookmarking it annd checking back often!|
    Great article! This is the kind of information that should
    be shared around the web. Disgrace on Google for not poswitioning this put
    up upper! Come onn over and consult with my web site .
    Thank you =)|
    Heya i am for the first time here. I came across this board and I find It truly useful & it helpped me out much.
    I hpe to give something back and help others like you aided me.|
    Helklo there, I believe your website could be having browser compatibility problems.

    When I look att your website in Safari, it looks fine but when opening in I.E., it has somne overlpping issues.
    I merely wanted to provide you with a quik heads up!
    Besides that, wonderful site!|
    Somebody necessarily assist to mmake critically articles
    I would state. That iis the very first time I frequented your web page and to this
    point? I amazed with the research you made to create thiss particular postt amazing.
    Exceklent job!|
    Heya i am for the furst time here. I found this board and I in finding
    It rdally useful & it helped me out a lot. I’m hoping to give one thing
    back and helpp others suxh as yyou aided me.|
    Howdy! I simply want to give you a big thumbs up for the excellent infco you have right
    here on this post. I’ll be reurning to your blog for more
    soon.|
    I always used to read article in news papers but now as I
    am a user of web therefore from noww I am using net for articles, thanks tto
    web.|
    Your mode of describing tthe whole thing in this paragraph is truly good, every one can without difficulty know it, Thanks a lot.|
    Hi there,I discovered you site via Google even as searching for a related topic, your web site got here up, it sems great.
    I’ve bookmarked iit in my google bookmarks.
    Hello there, just changed into aware of your weblog thru
    Google, and found that it is really informative. I am gonna watch out for brussels.
    I’ll be grateful if you procee this in future.
    A lot of other folks will probably be benefited out of your writing.
    Cheers!|
    I’m curious to find out what blog platform you have been working with?

    I’m having some inor ssecurity problems witth my latest siote and I would like
    to find something more safe. Do you have any recommendations?|
    I’m extremely impressed with your writing skills and
    also with the layout on your weblog. Is this a paid theme or did you modify
    it yourself? Anyway keep up the nice quality writing,
    it is rare to see a great blog llike thjs one nowadays.|
    I am extremely inspired with your wriring abilities
    and also with the layout on your blog. Is thjis a paid subject or did you modify it yopur self?
    Either way keep up the excellent quality writing, it is uncommon to
    peer a nice weblog like this one nowadays..|
    Hi, Neat post. There is an issue with your website in internet
    explorer, could check this? IE still iss the marketplace leader and a big component to other people will miss your
    magnificent writinng ddue to this problem.|
    I am not sure where you are getting your information, but great topic.
    I needs to spend some time learning much more or understanding
    more. Thanks for great info I was looking for this indo
    for my mission.|
    Hi, i thhink that i saw yoou visired my web site sso i came to “return the
    favor”.I’m attempting to find things too improve my web site!I suppose its ook to use
    some of your \

  31. For newest information you have to pay a quick visit web and on the web I found this web page as a
    best site for hottest updates.

  32. Very good site you have here but I was wondering if you
    knew of any forums that cover the same topics discussed
    here? I’d really love to be a part of community where I can get feedback from other experienced individuals that share the same interest.
    If you have any suggestions, please let me know.
    Thank you!

  33. Tree Rollins says:

    Questa volta è davvero la mamma, di catturare fino a gridare: “!! Mamma mamma”

  34. I always spent my half an hour to read this web site’s
    articles or reviews every day along with a mug of coffee.

  35. è malata, debole, e faranno un po ‘meglio ora trarre vantaggio del giorno anche. non caldo, e rapidamente lasciarlo in un buon modo per andare,

  36. youtu.be says:

    Your style is really unique compared to other folks I’ve read stuff from.

    Many thanks for posting when you’ve got the opportunity, Guess
    I’ll just book mark this web site.

  37. You ought to take part in a contest for one of the finest websites on the web.

    I am going to recommend this web site!

  38. coffee info says:

    I love reading an article that will make people think.
    Also, many thanks for allowing for me to comment!

  39. jerseys says:

    jerseys…

    website:http://www.cheap-basketballjerseys.com nba jerseys,nba jersey store,nba store…

  40. New system evaluation of active 50 8 star lonely fighter grappling with injuries
    stephen curry shoes

  41. Hey There. I discovered your blog using msn. That is
    a very smartly written article. I’ll be sure to bookmark it and
    come back to learn extra of your helpful info. Thank
    you for the post. I will definitely return.

  42. Una stella rossa nel cielo, una stella verde, una stella gialla, sono buoni amici, un giorno, si nascondono e cercano.

  43. In questo momento, il sole avrebbe visto, e rapidamente mettere via le nuvole, chiamato ha smesso di piovere.

  44. Wilma says:

    Nice post. I was checking continuously this blog and I’m impressed!
    Very useful information specifically the last part 🙂 I care
    for such info a lot. I was seeking this certain information for a very long time.
    Thank you and good luck.

  45. curry 3 says:

    Teammates opponents recognition yi performance: has the power to gain a foothold
    curry 3

  46. Nice post. I was checking continuously this blog and I’m impressed!

    Extremely helpful info specifically the last part :
    ) I care for such info much. I was seeking this certain info for a very long
    time. Thank you and good luck.

  47. fake van cleef sweet alhambra earrings

    hi!,I really like your writing very a lot! percentage we communicate more about your post on AOL? I require a specialist in this area to solve my problem. May be that is you! Having a look ahead to look you.

  48. Cheap NFL Jerseys China

    GoDaddy provides a quantity of companies and just probably be tempted to produce a single additional buy.”. You can use balloons virtually anyplace so long as it helps the cause and doesn’t result in any form of inconvenience to others. Cultivat…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *