BootsnAll Travel Network



April 10-11: Jaipur (1st)

halla-4.jpg

Jaipur:  called the “City of Victory” is totally chaotic and congested, however, it still tickles the travelers pink.  It is also called the pink city, more on that later.  “Stunning hilltop forts and glorious palaces demonstrate its glorious and royal past.”  It is also considered the gateway to the desert state of Rajasthan.  The city owes its name, founding, and planning to the great warrior-astronomer Maharajay Jai Singh II (1600’s).  He decided to come down from the Fort and build a city.  He painted it pink (a color associated with hospitality) to welcome the Prince of Wales (King Edward VII).  The morning saw us visit the Amber Fort.  

Amber Fort:  outside the city is a winding fort-palace built in the Rajput style.  You will notice the difference from the more Islamic Moghul time.  Construction began in the 1500’s by the Rajput commander of Akbar’s army.  You can notice the fort walls built all around the valley to impede attacking armies.  There is also a palace within the walls and is truly stunning.  When the kids were told we were going to another fort, they kind of groaned.  However, due to its massive size, different architecture and color, and riding on an elephant to get inside, and then being able to roam freely down its many corridors, rooftops, dark staircases, little cubby holes to hide in, it became a vast playground.  “This is pretty cool,” was good to hear!  

Tim here: I like Forts so we wil let he pictures do the talking, but it is incredible what and how they built what they built.  So elaborate on such stark desert and steep hills.  Also, how well preserved all the walls and doors and carvings and stone and mirror work has held up over the centuries. 

fort-1.jpgfort-1b.jpgfort-1c.jpgfort-1d.jpg

3 ways up – elephant, jeep, or walk – Josh, Annika, and I chose the elephant.  Annika is going to write to the Elephant Jaipur animal society to ask for improved care for the elephants

fort-2.jpgfort-2b.jpg

They really like to decorate the elephants up – they also did this centuries ago

fort-2c.jpgfort-2d.jpgfort-2e.jpg

main court of the people – entrance

fort-3.jpgfort-3a.jpg

elaborate carvings, decorations, inlaid marble, huge door and carvings etc.

fort-3b.jpgfort-3c.jpgfort-3d.jpg

They love their elephants – notice the carvings

fort-3e.jpg

Mirror work for ladies area

fort-4a.jpgfort-4b.jpgfort-4c.jpgfort-4cc.jpg

Notice again the marble carvings, but they also put in cartoon like insects

fort-4d.jpgfort-4e.jpg

This fort you could go exploring – the kids love this fort for that very reason.  They didn’thave to be so controlled and structured – go “play”.

fort-5.jpg

Family fun shots

fort-5b.jpgfort-5c.jpg

The woman behind the shawl ??????

fort-5d.jpg

Annika finding hiding spots to jump out and scare us

fort-5e.jpgfort-5f.jpg

Artesian water wheel to pull water up from the ground to top floor

fort-6.jpgfort-6b.jpgfort-7.jpgfort-7b.jpgfort-7c.jpgfort-7d.jpgfort-7e.jpgfort-7f.jpgfort-7g.jpgfort-7h.jpgfort-81.jpgfort-8b.jpgfort-8c.jpg

The caste system in India.   The blue color houses are the higher Brahma class. 

fort-91.jpg

We then did a hotel (airconditioning!) break before heading out to the other two sites and some bazaar wandering/shopping.  However, the kids started to peter out, so the market/bazaar wandering (which Tim and Natalie like to do) was out.   See Jaipur (2nd)



Tags:

40,525 responses to “April 10-11: Jaipur (1st)”

  1. MarcelQuamb says:

    https://canadaph24.pro/# canadian pharmacy tampa

  2. At this moment I am going away to do my breakfast, once having my breakfast coming yet again to read additional news.

  3. RickyPooto says:

    mexican rx online [url=http://mexicoph24.life/#]Mexican Pharmacy Online[/url] purple pharmacy mexico price list

  4. Stevenpruby says:

    п»їbest mexican online pharmacies: Mexican Pharmacy Online – mexican pharmaceuticals online

  5. Ahaa, its pleasant conversation regarding this piece of writing at this place at this weblog, I have read all that, so now me also commenting here.

  6. MarcelQuamb says:

    http://mexicoph24.life/# mexican drugstore online

  7. RickyPooto says:

    mexico drug stores pharmacies [url=http://mexicoph24.life/#]mexico pharmacy[/url] mexico drug stores pharmacies

  8. Howdy! I know this is kinda off topic however I’d figured I’d ask. Would you be interested in exchanging links or maybe guest authoring a blog post or vice-versa? My website goes over a lot of the same topics as yours and I think we could greatly benefit from each other. If you’re interested feel free to send me an e-mail. I look forward to hearing from you! Fantastic blog by the way!

  9. Michaelboowl says:

    http://mexicoph24.life/# mexican border pharmacies shipping to usa

  10. MarcelQuamb says:

    http://mexicoph24.life/# purple pharmacy mexico price list

  11. RickyPooto says:

    india online pharmacy [url=http://indiaph24.store/#]Generic Medicine India to USA[/url] Online medicine home delivery

  12. I know this web site offers quality based content and additional stuff, is there any other website which offers such stuff in quality?

  13. I used to be recommended this web site by way of my cousin. I’m not sure whether or not this put up is written via him as no one else recognise such unique about my trouble. You’re wonderful! Thank you!

  14. MarcelQuamb says:

    https://canadaph24.pro/# canada pharmacy reviews

  15. Hi there, I enjoy reading all of your article. I wanted to write a little comment to support you.

  16. RickyPooto says:

    canadian pharmacy online [url=https://canadaph24.pro/#]canadian pharmacies[/url] 77 canadian pharmacy

  17. MarcelQuamb says:

    http://indiaph24.store/# Online medicine order

  18. Stevenpruby says:

    mexican mail order pharmacies: Mexican Pharmacy Online – medicine in mexico pharmacies

  19. MarcelQuamb says:

    https://mexicoph24.life/# mexican mail order pharmacies

  20. Michaelboowl says:

    https://indiaph24.store/# indianpharmacy com

  21. Howdy I am so grateful I found your blog page, I really found you by accident, while I was researching on Yahoo for something else, Anyways I am here now and would just like to say kudos for a remarkable post and a all round interesting blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to look over it all at the moment but I have book-marked it and also added your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read more, Please do keep up the superb job.

  22. ScottIders says:

    Nihai Dönemin En Büyük Beğenilen Kumarhane Platformu: Casibom

    Bahis oyunlarını sevenlerin artık duymuş olduğu Casibom, en son dönemde adından çoğunlukla söz ettiren bir şans ve oyun web sitesi haline geldi. Ülkemizdeki en mükemmel kumarhane web sitelerinden biri olarak tanınan Casibom’un haftalık bazda göre değişen açılış adresi, sektörde oldukça taze olmasına rağmen emin ve kazanç sağlayan bir platform olarak ön plana çıkıyor.

    Casibom, muadillerini geride bırakarak köklü bahis platformların geride bırakmayı başarılı oluyor. Bu alanda eski olmak gereklidir olsa da, oyuncularla iletişim kurmak ve onlara ulaşmak da benzer kadar değerli. Bu noktada, Casibom’un gece gündüz servis veren gerçek zamanlı destek ekibi ile rahatça iletişime ulaşılabilir olması büyük önem taşıyan bir artı getiriyor.

    Hızlıca artan oyuncuların kitlesi ile dikkat çeken Casibom’un gerisindeki başarım faktörleri arasında, yalnızca kumarhane ve canlı casino oyunlarına sınırlı kısıtlı olmayan geniş bir hizmetler yelpazesi bulunuyor. Atletizm bahislerinde sunduğu geniş alternatifler ve yüksek oranlar, oyuncuları çekmeyi başarmayı sürdürüyor.

    Ayrıca, hem atletizm bahisleri hem de casino oyunlar oyuncularına yönlendirilen sunulan yüksek yüzdeli avantajlı ödüller da ilgi çekiyor. Bu nedenle, Casibom kısa sürede sektörde iyi bir reklam başarısı elde ediyor ve büyük bir oyuncuların kitlesi kazanıyor.

    Casibom’un kazandıran bonusları ve ünlülüğü ile birlikte, siteye üyelik ne şekilde sağlanır sorusuna da değinmek gerekir. Casibom’a mobil cihazlarınızdan, bilgisayarlarınızdan veya tabletlerinizden web tarayıcı üzerinden rahatça ulaşılabilir. Ayrıca, web sitesinin mobil uyumlu olması da büyük önem taşıyan bir fayda getiriyor, çünkü artık neredeyse herkesin bir akıllı telefonu var ve bu akıllı telefonlar üzerinden hızlıca giriş sağlanabiliyor.

    Mobil cihazlarınızla bile yolda canlı bahisler alabilir ve yarışmaları canlı olarak izleyebilirsiniz. Ayrıca, Casibom’un mobil uyumlu olması, ülkemizde kumarhane ve kumarhane gibi yerlerin kanuni olarak kapatılmasıyla birlikte bu tür platformlara girişin önemli bir yolunu oluşturuyor.

    Casibom’un emin bir casino platformu olması da önemlidir bir avantaj getiriyor. Ruhsatlı bir platform olan Casibom, sürekli bir şekilde eğlence ve kazanç sağlama imkanı getirir.

    Casibom’a üye olmak da oldukça basittir. Herhangi bir belge gereksinimi olmadan ve ücret ödemeden web sitesine rahatça kullanıcı olabilirsiniz. Ayrıca, platform üzerinde para yatırma ve çekme işlemleri için de çok sayıda farklı yöntem vardır ve herhangi bir kesim ücreti alınmamaktadır.

    Ancak, Casibom’un güncel giriş adresini izlemek de gereklidir. Çünkü gerçek zamanlı iddia ve oyun platformlar popüler olduğu için hileli siteler ve dolandırıcılar da ortaya çıkmaktadır. Bu nedenle, Casibom’un sosyal medya hesaplarını ve güncel giriş adresini periyodik olarak kontrol etmek önemlidir.

    Sonuç olarak, Casibom hem itimat edilir hem de kazanç sağlayan bir casino platformu olarak dikkat çekiyor. yüksek promosyonları, geniş oyun seçenekleri ve kullanıcı dostu mobil uygulaması ile Casibom, casino sevenler için mükemmel bir platform sunuyor.

  23. continuously i used to read smaller posts that as well clear their motive, and that is also happening with this post which I am reading now.

  24. RickyPooto says:

    mexico drug stores pharmacies [url=http://mexicoph24.life/#]mexico pharmacy[/url] mexican pharmaceuticals online

  25. MarcelQuamb says:

    https://indiaph24.store/# indianpharmacy com

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *