BootsnAll Travel Network



Jan 11 – Scuba Diving On Tioman Island

tasha-homework-ti.jpgTasha’s homework settingdive-trip-tioman-island.jpgdive-boat-ti.jpggetting ready to dive boat josh-open-water-cert.jpgJosh finishing his last diveranjan-island-scuba-snorkeling.jpgIsland in background is where we dovepajang-dive-site-ti.jpgtim-diving-ti.jpglarge-prawns.jpgbeach-tioman.jpg

 Pictures:  Dive trip – also Tasha doing math homework – what a horrible location to do homework, Tim diving, Natalie eating a “huge Prawn”, Natasha and Annika playing on beach 

Since we found out we would be stranded, Josh wanted to learn how to scuba dive.  While we waited to get off the island, the days were filled with swimming, home-work (math – ugh), walks, etc. and Josh spending all day at the dive center.  The time worked perfectly.  Josh was able to complete his Open Water Padi Dive Certification with flying colors – Hurray!!!!  As a part of the course, he has to do 4 dives.  2 were from the shore which Tim and Natalie accompanied (we are both certified divers but hadn’t dove in a long time – actually – trivia note – our honeymoon was in Cozumel, Mexico spent diving every morning on the reefs).  The last day we went out on the boat and did 2 boat dives – one a reef and the other a small island.  Girls tried their snorkeling at the island, but waves kind of scared them.  Natalie will finish the blog —

 Tioman Island was a great respite after months of packing and planning, and then Christmas! Since it was monsoon season, much of the island was closed, which really made it nicer as it was very quiet. I liked the routine we got into: Tim up early, reading out on the porch and looking at the waves; the rest of us up later – Josh to his dive class, me with a cup of coffee on the porch, and the girls usually on the beach. The rest of the day was just more of nothing! Annika would play with the cats at the guesthouse. There are all kinds of stray cats on the island. They all have bent tails! They say that’s how you know they’re from Tioman. Annika named them all and made special friends with one, whom she named “Tiger.” She and Tiger kind of look alike! This morning when we walked down the path to the boat, Tiger followed us quite aways and finally stopped and looked woefully after us. Back to the “routine:” Dinner was always fun, because we would walk down the path that paralled the beach and check out whatever restaurants were open – usually a rickety wooden table, made even more wobbly because its legs sit in the sand. On the way back to our bungalow, it was really dark because there weren’t many lamps, and the jungle would come alive with sound. And there was not an ounce of car noise because there aren’t any!

 We didn’t know it when the day began, but Josh did his final dives on our last day. He and Tim popped up after their first dive, and I heard Tim exclaim, “I see a ferry!” which meant that we would be able to leave the island the next day. Tim and Josh did the first dive of the day off the boat, but fairly close to shore. They saw turtles, moray eels, sting rays, and lots of “Nemos” playing in the anenomes, as well as a myriad of brightly colored tropical fish. Josh’s favorite were these small neon blkue ones. The visibility wasn’t great due to the monsoon, but there’s so much variety on the reef, that it didn’t matter. We were really proud of Josh. Getting an open water certification is not an easy thing and takes some courage, and he did a great job and loves it. We’re hoping the girls will see the beauty of what’s under the ocean, because so far, they’re a bit uneasy about all those fish swimming down there and not sure they want to look at them! In their defense, the day they were snorkeling off the boat, the sea was rough and a bit intimidating. I went on Josh’s second boat dive, on a reef that encircled a little island. We saw a HUGE grouper, a huge shark, a huge moray eel, a huge turtle, and one very small octopus!



Tags:

12,876 responses to “Jan 11 – Scuba Diving On Tioman Island”

  1. Also, keep in mind that if the documents you requested for is being used in an active case, you might not be given access to them.You paying out all around town them enchanting going to get the whenever you need to have and acquisitions provided on this sort of basis as them,you can request them incorporate them as all around the the aimed at your web regardless that as component of your respective executing have the preferred impact several hours hence as for much more details about chat in circumstance about there may be the any clarification wanted and about regardless of whether or not achievable,all of your relatives customers can connect them around the basis of way regarding telephone buses. Both of these are great venues for having ceremonies and/or receptions in warm weather. Thus, take the time in getting to know your dry cleaning equipment New York proposals.The data from the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) shows that the average pharmacy technician salary is about $29,300 per annum and $14.

  2. 1、 促进产业转型升级。过年前,我市工程机械行业普遍存在着管理缺乏,很明显纺织仪器行业是伴随着纺织行业的发展而发展, 全力推动园区形象的提档升级。这个词恐怕不仅是现在要用。 在听取甘孜州质监局长王葆春介绍后。甲状腺癌的发病率明显上升,那个时候的CAD系统是机床联动用的。不断优化工业发展结构。

  3. 點線面 says:

    Is that true? Ill spread this information. Anyway, nice posting.

  4. all the time i used to read smaller posts that as well
    clear their motive, and that is also happening with this piece of
    writing which I am reading now.

  5. continuously i used to read smaller articles that as well
    clear their motive, and that is also happening with this piece of writing which
    I am reading at this place.

  6. I constantly spent my half an hour to read this webpage’s articles
    or reviews all the time along with a mug of coffee.

  7. home gym says:

    I was able to find good advice from your blog posts.

  8. I got this web site from my buddy who shared with me about this web site and at the moment this time I am browsing this site and reading very informative content here.

  9. It’s in fact very difficult in this active life to listen news on TV, so
    I simply use the web for that reason, and take the latest information.

  10. Article From Article Directory DatabaseCarlo Ancelotti Dreams Of Managing Italian National Team – RealGM WiretapCarlo Ancelotti has managed Real Madrid, Juventus, AC Milan, Chelsea and Paris Saint-Germain, but his long-held ambition is to become manager of the Italian national team. ”I’m within the workroom the bulk in the time and that is where I really feel most comfy – mentoring designers of all ages,” he says.Overall, never stop shopping until the whole ensemble is complete. The seeds should be planted in modest plant pots until the roots start to fill them out.10 per hour.
    Cheap NHL Jerseys [url=http://www.cheapchinajerseyswholesalenfl.com/]Cheap NHL Jerseys[/url]

  11. Then the UPA Federal government decided to take off the subsidy being provided
    on Domestic LPG use and made a strategy to transfer the aid
    on beneficiaries bank account connected to Aadhar Card Straight.

  12. Online students at the University of Florida can earn a master’s diploma in mass communication with a specialization iin social media; additionally
    they can pursue a four-course graduate certificate program in social media.

    Visit my weblog :: internet advertising bureau australia

  13. It’s very easy to find out any topic on net as compared to textbooks, as I found this paragraph at this website.

  14. Hello there! This is my first comment here so I just wanted
    to give a quick shout out and tell you I genuinely enjoy reading through your blog posts.
    Can you recommend any other blogs/websites/forums
    that cover the same topics? Thanks a ton!

  15. nba store says:

    website:http://www.currynbajerseyshop.com nba jerseys,nba jersey store,nba store

  16. Jan 11 – Scuba Diving On Tioman Island » TravelBlog Archive » Tahoe Johnson’s Journey to Southeast Asia

  17. As the Internet continues to develop in scope,
    size and influence, so does the significance of Internet marketing.

    Feel free to visit my blog post: online advertising jobs for students

  18. clove says:

    It’s been about 10 days now since he began making use of thee Clove cigaretrte
    holder and every every now and then, eitner very first thing each morning or immediatepy after supper, he craves the total punch of getting a cigarette so he has got smoked about 4 without filter.

  19. Hello, after reading this amazing piece of writing i am too happy to share my knowledge here with mates.

  20. munherpes says:

    It’s appropгiate time too make some plans for the futuⅾe and it’ѕ tme to be happy.
    I haᴠe read this post and if I could I wish to suggest you few interesting things or tips.
    MaybƄe you could ԝrite next articles rеferring to this article.
    I wish to read morᥱ things about it!

  21. If you take advantage of one of these, try to get in there before and try things on so you know some dresses you like, where they are and size. There are many companies, that can provide you with a great and seemingly efficient motor, but the fault in them is the fact that their primary windings can easily corrosion and give out after short time.There are many movements that a person can do. When worked according to the correct guidelines the outcomes might be really amazing. Author Resource:-Should you want additional info just comply with this :Wholesale NFL JerseysWholesale NFL JerseysNFL JerseyArticle From Article Directory DatabaseMark Mulder Signs Minor League Deal With Angels – RealGM WiretapPitcher Mark Mulder has reached agreement on a minor league deal with the Angels that includes an invitation to the team’s spring training camp, Mulder’s agent confirmed Wednesday.
    Wholesale Jerseys China

  22. This could be a good way of detecting if any spy app is really present on your Android phone or not.
    They offer features like Two Wash Courses (Gentle & Normal
    Wash, twin water inlets, spin shower, two wash
    courses (Gentle and Normal wash), and wheels for easy mobility in some models.

    There is large number the fate of the furious streaming cases
    where people have been found misusing their mobile
    phones in many ways.

  23. Very energetic article, I enjoyed that a lot. Will there be a part 2?

  24. This design is steller! You certainly know how to keep
    a reader amused. Between your wit and your videos, I was almost moved to start my
    own blog (well, almost…HaHa!) Fantastic job. I really loved what you had to say, and more than that, how
    you presented it. Too cool!

    Review my web page automobile repair manuals ford

  25. fajas says:

    What a data of un-ambiguity and preserveness of precious experience about unpredicted emotions.

  26. Going Here says:

    Hi, Neat post. There’s an issue along with your
    website in web explorer, may test this? IE still is the market chief and a huge portion of other
    people will omit your fantastic writing due to this problem.

  27. Gabriel says:

    I constantly spent my half an hour to read this website’s
    articles or reviews every day along with a mug of
    coffee.

  28. The owner gget their hads onn the much needed
    make money online reddit whereas the tenant luggage a
    implausible cut price.

  29. Hi, I do think this is an excellent web site. I stumbledupon it 😉 I
    will return once again since I saved as a favorite it.
    Money and freedom is the greatest way too change, may you be rich and continue to guide other people.

    Check ouut my webpage: Seo Experts Adelaide

  30. If you my good friend, are actually a carpenter
    as well as you struck yourself along with the hammer, that’s your
    problem, you may CERTAINLY NOT condemn the hammer or even its own creators, is your absence of details
    as well as skill-sets what images your shame, certainly
    not the Telephone directory!!!

  31. If you desire to obtain much from this piece of writing then you have to apply such techniques to your won website.

  32. Its like you read my mind! You seem to know so
    much about this, like you wrote the e-book in it or
    something. I believe that you just can do with a few % to power the message home a
    bit, however instead of that, this is wonderful blog. A great read.
    I will definitely be back.

  33. With the assistance with the fixed price it’s possible
    to stabilize the amount of budget elton john tickets seattle the same quantity of effort ought to be devote to
    find the proper sort of dealer also.

  34. This ᴡebѕite was… how do you say іt? Relevant!!

    Finally I have found something which helped me. Cheers!

    Here is my site – OKWaster (http://okwaster.com)

  35. general manager Jerry Dipoto was asked Tuesday if the right hander’s supposed declining price had the club interested. Due to caloric value these should not exceed 10% of total calories consumed for the day. How many teams can afford a Robinson Cano, we’ll see. Sadly, Oklahomas OL may be better than St. Your site may position greater upward the various search engines the greater one of the ways, inbound hyperlinks through higher additional position web site your site offers.

  36. Shad says:

    In summary, should you be sick and tired with training or purging, starvation to shed
    pounds you can check out this nnew “fat loss trick” because doing so will let you achieve unwante
    weight loss goal quickly and naturally. The workout
    iis going to take about twenty minutes to accomplish and you also only
    have to make this happen triple every week which is far
    more efficient than your fammily cardio workout. Losing weighht isn’t complicated, nonetheless it’s definitely hard sometimes. http://strategyfan.canariblogs.com/cleansing-your-body-what-are-the-benefits-and-how-to-do-it-855818

  37. Poems, you’ll be able to promote them, have tyem published,
    or publiish them on-line on sites like these tto generate income.

    Feel free to surf too my weblog :: make money get turnt

  38. Talk to your doctor about recommendations for weight reduction and exercise that cann
    assist lower your blood stress safely.

    my blog poet … Garmin vívoactive HR GPS Smart Watch

  39. cxjgzsdqmm says:

    Jan 11 – Scuba Diving On Tioman Island » TravelBlog Archive » Tahoe Johnson’s Journey to Southeast Asia
    cxjgzsdqmm http://www.gnw493wcr3nfh2452l22f587udj43bu5s.org/
    [url=http://www.gnw493wcr3nfh2452l22f587udj43bu5s.org/]ucxjgzsdqmm[/url]
    acxjgzsdqmm

  40. I could not resist commenting. Exceptionally well written!

  41. ” The author with much problem is attempting to draw attention of his readers that the not only learning, though the ability of expressing one’s knowledge is incredibly important. Specifically, areas for example blood pressure level, blood glucose, blood fats and good cholesterol had improved whilst the bad cholesterol (LDL) hadn’t changed. This happens whenever a company sanitizes the objectives and wording from the research, much on the frustration of the researching the market suppliers who will be fighting to keep up the integrity from the study.

  42. But the wonderful issue about this website is that you
    can download the movies in a format prepared for what ever
    device you are going to use to watch them, such as an iPod or a PDA, or for numerous
    sorts of media players such as DivX or QuickTime.

  43. Depois disso, em uma taça coloque as camadas do creme, e também de bolacha, sendo a última delas de creme,
    tal e como se fosse um pavê.

  44. Excellent article. I’m going through many of these issues as well..

  45. I’m amazed, I have to admit. Rarely do I come across a blog
    that’s both equally educative and amusing, and let me tell you, you
    have hit the nail on the head. The problem is something too few people are speaking intelligently about.
    Now i’m very happy that I stumbled across this
    in my search for something concerning this.

  46. Fuseau horaire de houston

    Some truly great articles on this internet site , thankyou for contribution.

  47. Wholesale NFL Jerseys

    If you desire to have a home business, then you must understand the psychology behind home business and how to succeed. When weare playing good, he doesn’t get too high.00 for a two year pattern of false credit reporting. This can give you a clear pic…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *