BootsnAll Travel Network



Jan 11 – Scuba Diving On Tioman Island

tasha-homework-ti.jpgTasha’s homework settingdive-trip-tioman-island.jpgdive-boat-ti.jpggetting ready to dive boat josh-open-water-cert.jpgJosh finishing his last diveranjan-island-scuba-snorkeling.jpgIsland in background is where we dovepajang-dive-site-ti.jpgtim-diving-ti.jpglarge-prawns.jpgbeach-tioman.jpg

 Pictures:  Dive trip – also Tasha doing math homework – what a horrible location to do homework, Tim diving, Natalie eating a “huge Prawn”, Natasha and Annika playing on beach 

Since we found out we would be stranded, Josh wanted to learn how to scuba dive.  While we waited to get off the island, the days were filled with swimming, home-work (math – ugh), walks, etc. and Josh spending all day at the dive center.  The time worked perfectly.  Josh was able to complete his Open Water Padi Dive Certification with flying colors – Hurray!!!!  As a part of the course, he has to do 4 dives.  2 were from the shore which Tim and Natalie accompanied (we are both certified divers but hadn’t dove in a long time – actually – trivia note – our honeymoon was in Cozumel, Mexico spent diving every morning on the reefs).  The last day we went out on the boat and did 2 boat dives – one a reef and the other a small island.  Girls tried their snorkeling at the island, but waves kind of scared them.  Natalie will finish the blog —

 Tioman Island was a great respite after months of packing and planning, and then Christmas! Since it was monsoon season, much of the island was closed, which really made it nicer as it was very quiet. I liked the routine we got into: Tim up early, reading out on the porch and looking at the waves; the rest of us up later – Josh to his dive class, me with a cup of coffee on the porch, and the girls usually on the beach. The rest of the day was just more of nothing! Annika would play with the cats at the guesthouse. There are all kinds of stray cats on the island. They all have bent tails! They say that’s how you know they’re from Tioman. Annika named them all and made special friends with one, whom she named “Tiger.” She and Tiger kind of look alike! This morning when we walked down the path to the boat, Tiger followed us quite aways and finally stopped and looked woefully after us. Back to the “routine:” Dinner was always fun, because we would walk down the path that paralled the beach and check out whatever restaurants were open – usually a rickety wooden table, made even more wobbly because its legs sit in the sand. On the way back to our bungalow, it was really dark because there weren’t many lamps, and the jungle would come alive with sound. And there was not an ounce of car noise because there aren’t any!

 We didn’t know it when the day began, but Josh did his final dives on our last day. He and Tim popped up after their first dive, and I heard Tim exclaim, “I see a ferry!” which meant that we would be able to leave the island the next day. Tim and Josh did the first dive of the day off the boat, but fairly close to shore. They saw turtles, moray eels, sting rays, and lots of “Nemos” playing in the anenomes, as well as a myriad of brightly colored tropical fish. Josh’s favorite were these small neon blkue ones. The visibility wasn’t great due to the monsoon, but there’s so much variety on the reef, that it didn’t matter. We were really proud of Josh. Getting an open water certification is not an easy thing and takes some courage, and he did a great job and loves it. We’re hoping the girls will see the beauty of what’s under the ocean, because so far, they’re a bit uneasy about all those fish swimming down there and not sure they want to look at them! In their defense, the day they were snorkeling off the boat, the sea was rough and a bit intimidating. I went on Josh’s second boat dive, on a reef that encircled a little island. We saw a HUGE grouper, a huge shark, a huge moray eel, a huge turtle, and one very small octopus!



Tags:

12,876 responses to “Jan 11 – Scuba Diving On Tioman Island”

  1. I am really enjoying the theme/design of your blog.
    Do you ever run into any internet browser compatibility problems?
    A few of my blog audience have complained about my blog not operating correctly in Explorer but looks great
    in Firefox. Do you have any ideas to help fix this problem?

  2. wfowpgz says:

    Jan 11 – Scuba Diving On Tioman Island » TravelBlog Archive » Tahoe Johnson’s Journey to Southeast Asia
    wfowpgz http://www.gns717zknlnwr0fe6q97228061qu85j8s.org/
    [url=http://www.gns717zknlnwr0fe6q97228061qu85j8s.org/]uwfowpgz[/url]
    awfowpgz

  3. Hi, Neat post. There’s a problem along with your web site in internet explorer, would test this?

    IE nonetheless is the market leader and a large part of
    other folks will omit your great writing due to this problem.

  4. Its not my first time to pay a visit this web page, i am visiting this site dailly and obtain pleasant data from here every day.

  5. If some one wishes expert view regarding running a blog then i
    propose him/her to pay a quick visit this weblog, Keep up
    the good job.

  6. It wаs my day at thee courthouse (conveniently аcross the street) gеtting married civilly and crossing over to enjoy ɑ spectacular bottle of wine, outstanding late lunch, flaming Baked Alaska аnd brandy
    to end a fantastic ɗay. TҺink homemade hummus, feta, rice wrapped іn grape leaves.
    Iam ɑlso re-purposing olld clothing intⲟ doggie clothing ɑs seen іn the “Recycled Hoodie.

    Feel free to surf to my site; Arley Ballenger

  7. I visited multiple web pages but the audio quality for audio songs current
    at this web site is really excellent.

  8. goals fast says:

    I like tthe valuablе info you provide in your articles.
    I’ll bookmark your Ьlog and check aɡаin here frequently.
    Iam quite сertain I will learn a lot of new stᥙff right herе!
    Best of ⅼuck for the next!

    Also visit my pge goals fast

  9. So what’s Content Marketing? Utilizing successful copy writing techniques it is a much better way of enticing your reader to complete what you wish her to do. There are some intelligent ways to go about network marketing in order to win. A few of the points that they ought to be thinking about is what type of sights they need to see, the amount of cash that they have available to spend on the trip, and even the quantity of time that they can spend within the location. By figuring all of that information out it will be straightforward for people to figure out the correct destination that they should be traveling to any time that a vacation roles about. It is essential to make sure that your assets are protected particularly those assets not directly connected in your investment properties.

  10. Corey says:

    Hi, I do think this is an excellent web site. I stumbledupon it 😉 I may return once again since I saved as a favorite it.
    Money and freedom is the best way to change, may you
    be rich and continue to help other people.

  11. The seeds should be planted in modest plant pots until the roots start to fill them out. ”It’s usually anyplace from a 14 to 16-hour day; we wrap at ten. Even yoga or meditation classes are a great investment into your business by calming your mind and helping you focus on the goal at hand. If you have a criminal file but are proven innocent of the crime charge against you, your file can be sealed away from the public upon request. Styles consist of the Apex or Taper.

  12. But, seriously. You will adore the great benefits this provides.Banuelos is New York’s top pitching prospect and losing him for all of 2013 will hurt the team’s plan to reduce their payroll for 2014. Through the website can be found out an extraordinary amount of money of program programs.Try engaging the customer using the subject line of the email.

  13. The genuine humiliation in excess of the complete undervaluing what your self understand is that as an outcome, by yourself may perhaps be undercharging for what by yourself offer you.Dickey is under contract for 2013 at $5 million, but New York is serious about trading him if they are unable to come to terms on an extension. It may not take off immediately, but it will be worth the time you put into it.When considering a piece of genuine estate you really feel you might want to purchase, talk for the owners of neighboring properties when you can.Be sure to incorporate the use of Facebook, Twitter, and other social media sites in your Website marketing strategy.

  14. Thanks for sharing your thoughts about NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC ΑΝΔΡΙΚΕΣ
    ΤΣΑΝΤΕΣ. Regards

  15. pensò: “Forse dovrei raccogliere i fiori inviati a una nonna, tirarla ora all’inizio della giornata, non dovrei. sarà in ritardo. “

  16. 翰林版 says:

    hi
    it’s nice posting.

  17. Sammie says:

    That’s why it is essential particularly for local business to
    have a SEO website (Online search engine Optimized) that could effortlessly be discovered.

    Check out my webpage; remove google penalty (Sammie)

  18. pram info says:

    Heya just wanted to give you a brief heads
    up and let you know a few of the images aren’t loading correctly.
    I’m not sure why but I think its a linking issue.
    I’ve tried it in two different browsers and both show the same results.

  19. Bragg maglia says:

    Madre Frog Splash gettò in acqua, ei suoi figli insieme a giocare.

  20. Jayne says:

    I go to see day-to-day some websites and sites to read articles, except this web site gives quality
    based posts.

  21. Hey there great blog! Does running a blog like this take a great deal of work?
    I’ve absolutely no expertise in computer programming but I was hoping to start my own blog in the near future.
    Anyway, should you have any recommendations or techniques for new blog owners please share.
    I know this is off subject nevertheless I just had to ask.
    Appreciate it!

  22. Excellent, what a weblog it is! This webpage presents useful information to us, keep
    it up.

    Also visit my site nature sounds

  23. Howdy! This article could not be written any better!
    Going through this article reminds me of my previous roommate!
    He continually kept talking about this. I will send this article tto him.
    Pretty sure he will hazve a great read. Thanks ffor sharing!

    Feell free to visit mmy weblog: acheter des fans facebook pas cher

  24. Elke says:

    Regional SEO can be effortlessly clarified as Search Engine
    Optimization services provided by a firm under any type of local area situations.

    Review my webpage :: seo penalty recovery (Elke)

  25. Valarie says:

    I think this is among the most significant info for me.
    And i am glad reading your article. But want to remark on few general things,
    The site style is great, the articles is really nice :
    D. Good job, cheers

    Feel free to surf to my blog post … homepage
    (Valarie)

  26. Life never goes where we expect it to, but here you are and here I am.

    It is your birthday today, and all I can think is
    that if the world had actually been various we would never ever have fulfilled.

  27. Swen says:

    But I ended up getting Vainglory which is also mobile moba game like league of
    legends.

  28. Hello, of course this piece of writing is truly pleasant and I have learned lot of things from it about blogging.

    thanks.

  29. Unfortunately, many internet advertising companies entrepreneurs fail to make
    use of the total potential of this chance.

  30. Every defails about a company or enterprise will be considered at a look once the website online advertising jobs work from home has been accessed
    by the internet from anny a part of the world.

  31. Great blog! Is your theme custom made or did you download it from somewhere?
    A design like yours with a few simple tweeks would really make my
    blog jump out. Please let me know where you got your theme.
    Thanks

  32. It’s actually a great and useful piece of info.
    I am happy that you shared this useful info with us.
    Please keep us informed like this. Thank you for sharing.

    My blog post – service manuals (http://www.carfsm.com/)

  33. Hey there, I think your site might be having browser compatibility issues.
    When I look at your website in Opera, it looks fine but when opening
    in Internet Explorer, it has some overlapping. I just wanted to give you a quick heads up!
    Other then that, awesome blog!

  34. In questo momento, il sole avrebbe visto, e rapidamente mettere via le nuvole, chiamato ha smesso di piovere.

  35. 奇鼎事業 says:

    Is that true? Ill spread this information. Anyway, nice posting.

  36. 特考 says:

    hi
    that’s good posting.

  37. My spouse and I absolutely love your blog and
    fiind a lot of your post’s to bbe jyst what I’m looking for.
    Woulod you offer guest writers too write content ffor yourself?
    I wouldn’t mind producing a post or elaborating on most
    of the subjects you write regarding here. Again, awesome web
    log!

  38. cigarettes says:

    Gudang Garam 8 filtr system throwaway cigarette filters significantly remove tar, nicotine alongside hazards
    from cigarette smoking without changing the taste of your cigarette.

    My website :: cigarettes

  39. Internet online advertising costs uk andd
    marketing is like speaking to kids in search engine marketing, and if Internet marketers wish to attraction to everyone, Internet entrepreneurs usuqlly will lose more
    than they think they are going tto achieve.

  40. Hi there! I know this is kind of off topic but I was wondering which blog platform are you using for this website?
    I’m getting sick and tired of WordPress because I’ve had problems
    with hackers and I’m looking at alternatives for another platform.
    I would be great if you could point me in the direction of a good platform.

  41. There’s just your name, electronic mail deal with, home handle,
    business address and perhaps some saved bank card info.

  42. Hello Dear, are you in fact visiting this web site daily, if so after that
    you will without doubt get good know-how.

    log into my outlook email

  43. I absolutely love your blog and find nearly all
    of your post’s to be precisely what I’m looking for. can you offer guest writers to
    write content available for you? I wouldn’t mind producing a post or elaborating on most of the subjects you write
    concerning here. Again, awesome weblog!

  44. You like the idea of being captain of your own ship and also want to create wealth for yourself and your family.They are able to tell the kind of equipments required on a particular project.Chapman May Be Available Marlins An Option – RealGM WiretapThe Cincinnati Reds appear willing to listen to offers for Aroldis Chapman, according to a source.Getting a father or mother, the most complex process that you could possibly need to face is searching for your little ones. The division which she operates generates revenues of $230 million and contributes $30 million to the pre-tax profits of the corporation. “I don’t think he will break the record.These medicines belongs to the group of drug called phosphodiesterase inhibitor and are designed to widen arteries in the penis, bringing more blood into the obdurate organ to promote firm erections in response to sexual stimulation.Carol and her team make their numbers. CR chooses a few funds whose interests correspond with Carol and the Valence deal based on industry, geography, deal size and several other considerations.Let’s consider an example. This becomes the winning bid.”Ronaldo backtracked from the comments.

  45. You needn’t to over commit or perhaps overconfident with the thrill of opportunity of creating big funds.Go for professional over slick with your emails. Good service providers obtain these particular tools in order to accommodate you in perfect manner. RMW appears enthusiastic about Carol’s experience and her plan for Valence.High-rise buildings and other complicated construction sites like sports arenas need a lot of care while pours of this kind of construction materials are being made and when finishing is done. And even if he does all that, he’s STILL 150 hitsshort. At the end of 5 years, EBITDA is 29 million on sales of $242 million.There are medicines and treatment options available in the market to help those men who are suffering from ED. Ken Akizuki will perform the procedure in San Francisco. I like to play with Karim [Benzema], with [Gareth] Bale, with Marcelo. Carol’s $800K represents 2.”What does he have now? What, 3,303 hits?” Rose said.

  46. The simplest approach to get started is to sign uup for companies
    such aas the ChaCha Affiliate Program.

    My weblog: make money online robocat

  47. How better to grab their attention than to tell a story that involves success in your business niche.The Yankees hoped that Banuelos, Dellin Betances and Michael Pineda would provide young, affordable and strong starting pitching within the next two years. For numerous people Asia appears like an pricey country and lots of touristic companies are really attempting to flip this trip right into a discount. Then you may figure out when the location needs to considerably for you personally to complete whenever you are traveling to this area to get a single day or even a few days since it would get per week to do everything.Pack lightLuggage is surely an essential component of travelling, and it really is a practical reality that most of us desire to pack a light luggage but in the finish, we end up with a heavy luggage, which not just becomes cumbersome throughout our travelling but also spoils the entire satisfaction of travelling.

  48. A case study approach will explain how to buy a much bigger company than you can finance on your own. By understanding the mother nature of stock trading foreign currency echange within the appropriate time, that you are clear on increasing income, while will not expect to have so that it is the size of the benefits won by professional and knowledgeable Fx professionals. The debt will be paid off using the profits of the company over a four year period. Carol contacts the owner of Valence, Doug Miller and learns that he has no heirs in the business.Pointers On Choosing A Government Document Scanning Services ProfessionalPointers On Choosing A Government Document Scanning Services ProfessionalMay 16, 2015 | Author: Loris F. Just like a number of other assets, never just plunge into dealing on the foreign currency market with no really know what your getting yourself into. The rate for routine maintenance is essential and subsequently, professionals who recommend the authentic devices help the patrons to spend less exceptionally when it comes to routine service. Plus there will be a lot less headache. Capital Results will locate the investors and will also negotiate on Carol’s behalf to maximize her opportunity in the deal. You like the idea of being captain of your own ship and also want to create wealth for yourself and your family.To show your appreciation for the coupon codes that were unexpectidely handed to you as a gift, you give them the extra business that they were seeking to get from you. Only then are you gonna be in the position to start and manage a true Foreign exchange accounts.

  49. nuotavano in fretta Xiaoshengdiwen: “Vuoi che: avete visto la nostra madre fare ? lì sulla cima dei suoi due grandi occhi,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *