BootsnAll Travel Network



Arusha, day 2 – yawn

7/14/07 10am Hotel internet cafe

Nothing earth-shattering to report, so some details people have been asking: Weather is in the 70s, overcast both mornings I’ve been here, it heats up when the sun comes out in the afternoon.

The hotel is/was hosting an Interpol conference so there are people from all over the world, which is quite nice. A little weird to be eating breakfast the next table of people in various arab-army, flight-suit military uniforms much like one sees on TV if one can stomach the current news. Most of the other tourists seem to be Americans, Dutch, and Japanese, with some Aussies and Brits thrown in.

Food at the hotel has been fine. Had a pizza last night that was quite good, and the complimentary breakfast is the usual continental fruit, bread, eggs, and whatnot. The bread is surprsingly de-lish as is the peanut butter! See, isn’t that exciting news!

Internet connection is dodgy at best. Today will be spent excitingly by the pool once it gets a little warmer. Tomorrow safari begins, so not sure when next post will happen.



Tags: , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *