BootsnAll Travel Network



Yading 3

Now this is where it all goes wrong at least in the off season. Transport is controlled by the company that brings people in from the tourist center which effectively means Daocheng which means no bus until 10.30 am or so. Or just walk the 5km which I did. Then at the start point there are electric golf carts which whizz you along the 7 km to Lurong Pasture. On the blog sites these get critised, yes its cheating but….Altenatively as per the previous day there is an excellent walkway. I reached Lurong Pasture to a perfect blue sky and the views stunning. Massive snow covered mountains towering into the heavens. This being March you didnt have the colours of the trees but in place of that the total tranquility of being alone. From then the hiking started. Gone were all the walkways and signs, this was just a very hard slog gasping for breath. The lack of food due to the recent stomach prohlems took it out of me and as I got higher I felt every step. There were no signs and at one point a rock slide had covered the path I thought. So I scrambled over the rocks and continued but despite the rubbish could find no path. Alone and lost realised I had to turn back. Fortunately a Chinese hiker came along and it turned out we had to sramble upwards. This mistake was made by many others and brought many to tears. We then made it to milk lake, a glorious lake at 4400m ishsurrounded by much higher mountains. After a few photos cloud started to roll in so I desperately tried to get to the final destination 5 colour lake. The distant wasn’t great but every step up was a killer and as I finally made it the cloud rolled in but still awesome . As it was only another chinese guy and a korean made it up to the final destination. It was tough but worth it and the decent a lit easier. And finished with a nice cold beer back up the guest house.



Tags:

Comments are closed.