BootsnAll Travel Network



Yading 2

Left Daocheng for the 2 hour trip to Yading. You get dropped of at Shangri la where you buy your ticket then a bus takes everyone the 31 kms to Yading village and then the start point. We stopped at Yading village , dumped our bags at a guest house then carried onto the start point. Then a leisurely walk to pearl lake and good views. The walk is easy with a metal walkway and plenty of seats which is handy in the oxyygen starved altitude. After expecting the usual crowds was surprised how we were the only people. For anyone planning a visit sunblock and hat a must, mine were at the guest house and suffered for it. We then all went back to Yading village. Its no more than a few tibetan houses converted into guest houses but a wonderfully friendly and charming place and came as a complete surprise. Loved it there and the people great and excellent photo opportunities . That night was high spirited with the Chinese and Tibetans having a good sing and dance so good entertainment. The room was ok, food basic but a store sells a few basics and oxygen cannisters which the Chinese liked to use. Whereas the village is tiny there is a massive construction boom so with Chinese investment it will become very different. However given the buldings are being built in the traditional tibetan way and in the communal way with young and old , male and female all working together it wasn’t quite the disaster it could be. And give them credit they really work hard, singing and chanting as they build block by block these massive stone houses all without modern equipment. They would go on to 7pm despite the freezing conditions and snow. The rest of us mere mortals would sit around the fire even if I tended to stay outside and enjoy the fine views with a very cold beer as the horses would wander past and locals come and join me or chat with fellow Chinese toursts.



Tags:

Leave a Reply