BootsnAll Travel Network



Yading 1

Back in the real world after arriving back in Kanding last night. Was planning on heading to Danba today but weather turned miserable and feel like a lazy day so will catch up with life and then head to the bright lights of Chengdu at some point.
So Yading. When I was in here in 2007 I didn’t really know about the place and given the extrobitant entrance fees opted for the more famous Juizhagou. This trip the original plan was to go to Aba but politics got in the way. So with research I came across Yading, an area I knew I love with its wonderful colour and culture. Its turns out that since 2007 the Chinese have also sussed that one out. Bar a couple of mountain passes where they havent finished tunneling its a great road. I would say the plan is to make it an iconic route like route 66. There will be mass tourism to this western frontier and will be a favourite with cyclists and motorcyclists. How long before tour de france style cycle events ?. And coming from the UK we all know how “development” and mass migration is such a wonderful thing so this can only be good – as Gordon Brown would say to anyone disagreeing, they are just racist bigots. And here there are more than enough police to ensure that that there will not be any disagreement. At least there isn’t the usual UK aid funded signs but then I guess there wouldn’t be a road as the money would be in a Swiss bank account. So yes this is a political project which is bringing Chinese money into hotels and businesses and making the journey much more agreeable despite the mind blowing high altitude. At least you know to slow down because school children crossing the road and that shop does welding – it is that well sign posted in English. And in the park French as well.



Tags:

Comments are closed.