BootsnAll Travel Network



The count down begins…

Since leaving Melaka a few days ago I’ve noticed my bites have increased dramatically. My whole body is covered from my neck down to my toes. Easily 50+ bites – its pretty gnarly! I’m itching like crazy and I don’t think the tiger balm that I’m using is helping with the itch. I bumped into my friend Romano, the italian-american suave from Miami, who i met when i first arrived in KL two weeks ago and he recommended using cologne/perfume to ease the itch. So I sprayed some of his aqua di gio cologne all over my skin – and he was damn right. It worked like a charm almost instantly! For once I didn’t have the urge to rake my skin with my nails. Last day in KL, Romano and I met a spunky Vietnamese girl from Canada. Nhi, a very fun free-spirited gal with a strong determination to find her future dreamy Australian boyfriend (sorry Nhi, i just had to put that in – lol). She along with most of the travelers I’ve met will move to OZ to live after traveling Asia. The saying is once you get to OZ you will never want to leave!

Anyway, I’m back in Hong Kong for two nights to catch my flight back to the US of A. The officer at immigration looked at me and my passport double time and chuckled saying that my passport picture didn’t look like me at all. I said “Yes, I get that all the time. It’s an old picture.” Come on’ it’s like a 9 yr old photo taken back in my rebel days in high school. You know those crazy kids who walked around school with big baggy pants who dyed their hair with all sorts of color — yep that was me! I was rockin’ my pink/blonde bangs in my photo lol 🙂 (And my answer is yes, to all of you that are just dying to see this passport picture).

Checked in at the same guesthouse in Kowloon – surprisingly they called me by my first name and welcomed me back and then gave me a discount on my room. Sweet!

Oh man, 48 hours to go…The count down begins…



Tags: , ,

One response to “The count down begins…”

  1. Leslie says:

    Hey Sophia!! ouch! sorry you got eaten up by bugs! you should post the passport photo up on here… . hehehe….

    good luck with the bites! at least cologne might be inexpensive there im guessing? lol… take care..

    Leslie

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *