BootsnAll Travel Network



Leaving Indo

Tomorrow morning I leave Indonesia for Thailand! I wish I had more time here – or maybe manage my time I had here better so I can see more of Indonesia; in particular to visit the other islands.

I spent most of my time in Bali. Bali is beautiful – the people are forever welcoming, the weather is nice, the culture and food is amazing – it’s no wonder why so many that visit Bali end up staying 🙂

With the help of some friends I’ve experienced Bali in its fullest. The food, culture, history and the people. I even took part of a Balinese Hindu ceremony and got a kebaya (traditional Indonesian dress) custom made for me – which was nice. The simple cuisines of Indo, which can be found on the streets and in restaurants – Nasi Goreng, Bakso, Mie Ayam, Gado Gado, Sate, Mie Goreng , Nasi Campur, etc… I can attest that all are very very good!

I’m definitely leaving with a bang – I had my night out in Kuta with some friends, watched a traditional Barong dance, had some good seafood right on the beach (literally) and hiked up Mt. Batur for a breathtaking sunrise!

Thank you all for following me through this journey of mine – thanks for all the comments and emails. Being on the road it’s definitely comforting to read them.

I’ll see you all in Bangkok! Cheers, Sophia

P.S. If you are planning a trip to Bali and need help with any arrangements – contact Marcel at marcelina_kopa@yahoo.com – She’s great and I highly recommend her!



Tags:

One response to “Leaving Indo”

  1. SAMMY says:

    Damn Thailandddddd…Never been there but I will be there next year. From what I hear from old school Navy guys, it’s relatively cheap as hell. The only bad thing about the place, it’s actually dangerous. There are any thieves out there. So carry that pepper spray and aim well, haha.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *