BootsnAll Travel Network



bday cake for seth, mooncake for me!

My handsome nephew/godson Seth turned one today! Happy Birthday Seffy!! Thanks for the pictures Iris – give the little guy a gazillion HUGS & KISSES for me!! I love you guys!

3659189213_e247e9a87b_m.jpg

Future heartbreaker ๐Ÿ™‚

3659189211_a8e309b7aa_m.jpg

Well, I finally had my first Chinese mooncake today and I gotta say, I’m a big fan!

Mooncakes are considered a Chinese delicacy. They are round pastries, typically embossed with a Chinese character/design, filled inside with classic Chinese sweets such as, red bean paste, lotus seed paste, jujube paste, nuts, eggs, etcโ€ฆ The Chinese celebrate a Mid-Autumn Mooncake Festival every year in August when the moon is at its full. In China, the full moon represents the gatherings of family and friends. The significance of this festival comes in two forms – 1) honoring the Chinese goddess who lives on the moon and 2) honoring the story of how the Chinese over threw the Mongolians by passing cryptic messages using the mooncakes.

3658830497_20739c3783_m.jpg 3658830487_4d55ba6d09_m.jpg

Savoring my first mooncake, filled with a lotus seed paste, sesame seeds & chopped nuts – Yummers. I had three in one sitting which is probably a little too much; being that these tasty things are rich and heavy. Oh well… I enjoyed eating them…probably as much as my nephew enjoyed eating his first bday cake ๐Ÿ™‚



Tags:

3 responses to “bday cake for seth, mooncake for me!”

  1. Mike C says:

    That’s my favorite kind of mooncake! Be careful where and who you buy it from though. Heard plenty of horror stories on how they made the mooncakes…and selling/repackaging leftovers from years past.

  2. Sophia says:

    Repackage from years past? Yikes!! Thanks for the heads up ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m on a quest for the salted egg one at the mo… lol ๐Ÿ™‚ Have you tried it?

  3. JuLeS says:

    Aww…Seth is soo cute! I just went to Seth’s birthday party last Saturday and I was thinking that, “Gosh the time flies by really quick!” Also, Donovan is soo big too and soo cute with his spiky hair! Hahaha…hope all is well with ya!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *