BootsnAll Travel Network



a lot has happened while I was gone..

I’m sitting here at the SK airport once again waiting for my flight back to Dalian – the longest layover ever! Seven-hours! Sheesh. But I figure it’ll be good time to catch up on my site and upload photos. I’m extremely drained. My eyes are shutting down as I type this. I’m on my third cup of coffee, but it’s not helping. So I’ll be quick and I’m apologizing now for any randomness and writing errors.

First and foremost, I finally got my Chinese work visa! Yes, finally. This work visa grants me a one-year stay in China. Which means no more flying in and out and no more extensions! A very good thing because I’m already running out of pages in my new passport!!

My five days home came and went. Man, it flew by! I miss my family, friends and my dog already. Had a sweet ass time kicking it with my nephews and nieces, who have grown so much since I last saw them five months ago. My five-year-old nephew Donovan rips it on his razor scooter now! It freaked me out. I really thought he was going to eat pavement going at the speed he was going down the hill, but he didn’t! Pheww! Anyway, a lot has happened while I was gone. I was caught up on a lot of things, which got me thinking – did I pick a bad year to move abroad? Hmmm… I’ll break it down for you:

BABY CONGRATS to my…

~Cousins~

Jeng and Nickie!! Thanks for the pics – Nathan is a handsome little guy. With all the cute babies running around in our fam I’m convinced that we have awesome genes lol 🙂

Joce and Brian!! It was awesome seeing you guys! Badillo twins!! – very exciting! Any chances of naming one of em’ Sophia?

Roxanne –Send me photos asap!! Or I’m sure Tash will have them up on facebook before you even make it home from the hospital lol

~Friends~

Vina and Virgil on their new addition, Cara!

Min and her husband on theirs, baby Nesta!

Mike and Courtney on their second child, Brooklyn!

see what I mean….I’m missing out on all the babies!!:( I’m not even done yet… my list continues…

GRADUATION Congrats to my…

Big sister Susan!! I’ll see you in October!

Trace and Kay (Registered Nurses) and Jill (Graphic Design)!!

I wish I could’ve been there to see you guys walk but know that I was there celebrating in spirit – Proud of you girls! Sheila you’re left….:)

WEDDING and ENGAGEMENT Congrats to…

My friend Valerie and her hubby!! And My friends Jon and Megan!!

Oh and Birthday shout outs to the JULY babies!! Dad, Iris, Sheila and Julie!! LOVE you guys!!

Yep definitely missing out on heaps of stuff this year. But nah, no regrets. Things happen for a reason and I’m having the time of my life. If I missed naming anyone in my congrats list, I apologize. Super exhausted at the mo, and I’m close to crashing out on this airport chair. Overall, I had a sweet short trip home. Three hours left in SK…. I’m going to take a nap. Hopefully I don’t over sleep and miss my flight 🙂

Signing off… See you guys in China, currently nowThe Land With No Access to Facebook!



Tags: , ,

2 responses to “a lot has happened while I was gone..”

  1. SAM says:

    Yeah, time goes by too fast. It was great seeing your ass for five days. Everyone here enjoyed it dearly. I know it must of been hard adjusting back to your lifestyle out here, but I’m pretty sure you’ve managed. Once again, it’s my turn to go away for 6 months and play sailor. I’m pretty sure it’ll go by quick. For sure though I’ll hit you up when we’ll be in Japan. I would fly out to China but I highly doubt it they’ll let me go.
    Well have fun and keep up the good work Little Sis. We all miss you much…..

  2. Sophia says:

    A small trip to China sounds like a plan 🙂 If you can of course. It would be awesome! I’m sure Japan is going to be sweet though. Super jealous. Keep me posted on your travels. Miss you muchos. Oh and make sure to call mom once a week; she’ll freak out if we don’t. Wǒ Ai Nǐ (I love you) Have fun!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *