BootsnAll Travel Network



7/1

Sleep in pretty late, am dead tired, my legs are sore. First I go to the train station to try to reserve tomorrow’s train, but apparently there is a huge music festival that is wrapping up and all of Norway is going to try to get home tomorrow. There is an outside shot I may get stranded in Denmark for an extra day. I am standing in line for the tickets, and a group of young Danes walk up to the counter next to me. After some dialog, one of them mumbles something. “No, you’re an idiot,” replies the guy behind the counter. More mumbling. “Shut up,” exclaims the counter guy. Some intra-Danish spat, highly amusing. Walk out into Copenhagen, take some pictures (Stroget – big street full of stuff to buy, a palace with a fountain, The Little Mermaid – chick made of stone). Wander into a strange area which appears to have been a medieval compound of some sort, embankments surrounded by a moat. At this point I have hiked all over the city for the second straight day and am pretty damn tired, my legs are like jello. Walk back down through a park and back to the hostel. Drink some beers, talk to the Aussie receptionist. Go out and grab some food. Stop at a bar, talk some politics (delicately) with a cheerful Tunisian bartender and his Danish buddy. Denmark does not accept euros, they prefer their own kroners due to the fact their economy is doing so well. The same goes for the other rich countries, like Switzerland and Norway. At the bar, I don’t have enough kroners, so I offer him a combination of kroners and euros for the beer. “Don’t worry about it,” he says. My kind of bar. Then back to the hostel to shoot some pool for a while, and call it a night shortly thereafter.



Tags: , , ,

Leave a Reply