BootsnAll Travel Network



6/27

I wake up in the morning very hungover and ennervated. The shower is difficult, brushing my hair is difficult, everything is difficult. Painfully I gather up my things in the backpack and head to the train station. Aboard the train, we learn that there has been an accident, a train has run into an automobile and there will be a delay. The train officials on the intercom are most apologetic about it, they seem to be very embarrassed. A Dutch fellow comes into my cabin on the train, he is extremely nice and we have a nice long talk. I find myself admiring his style, he is soft-spoken but with an alert, competent spark in his eyes. A most agreeable sort, there should be more men like this in the world. Because of the delay we miss our transfer at Osnabruck (he is heading for Hamburg as well), so we head to the snack stand together to wait for the next train and he buys me a soda. The next train comes soon enough, and in a few hours we are in Hamburg. I find my hotel with little difficulty, and spend the evening washing my clothes in the sink, yet again and hopefully for the last time. I am too tired and hungover after that for any more activity, and crash for the evening. No drinking tonight.



Tags: , , , ,

Leave a Reply