BootsnAll Travel Network



Brief updates in Japan and Korea

Current Location: Busan (formerly Pusan), South Korea
10th March 2005

With increasingly pleasant weather, I headed south west through Japan, finally arriving in Nagasaki. It is hard to imagine how on one day, 60 years ago, “a noiseless flash” left seventy five thousand people instantly dead, with tens of thousands more dying in the aftermath. A moving place.

Yesterday, a six hour ferry ride carried me to the bustling port of Busan. There is a lot more smell, noise and crazy driving than in Japan – I really like South Korea so far!!

DSCN5235 (3).JPG
Nearing the end of Japan. My South Korean flag is hoisted ready for the next country.

DSCN5247 (2).JPG
The Nagasaki Peace Park. It was almost directly above this spot in 1945 that the world’s second atomic bomb was dropped.

Osaka (200 miles south of Tokyo)
21st February, 2005

Have just survived a very busy couple of weeks giving slideshows in schools, cafes and churches… i started to feel like my whole life was chained alternately to a bicycle, an internet connection point, and the front of a classroom. A few days sleeping in Kyoto has been great!

Many thanks to all who have given so generously, and helped with organising presentations, which has now enabled the fundraising for Viva Network to rise over the 3000 pounds mark – amazing. (www.justgiving.com/cyclinghomefromsiberia)

DSC00801 (2).JPG
Giving talks to younger kids has demanded more interactive presentations!!
DSCN2516.JPG



Tags:

Comments are closed.