BootsnAll Travel Network



Shopping in Singapore

Singapore was a trip for us! After coming from 17 days in Bali to hit big time city that never sleeps was crazy! We arrived at 1am and got a cab to our hotel. People out everywhere, cars, lights… certainly a change. The hotel was fine for what it was but after our great rooms in Bali for $20 paying $85 for a so-so room was not great. But, for just 2 very brief nights and with a decent location all was well.

Saturday we got up and headed to Starbucks and then off to find an internet cafe to call our brother in law Ken and wish him happy birthday. Jim stayed on line while I went next door and got my hair cut. She did a pretty good job and at only $30 was a great deal!

Next off to Orchard Road. We wanted to get a very small portable speaker for the ipod, needed a couple of small things like advil, etc. It was fun to see the Christmas decorations up on the streets and in the malls and hear the music. But, that place is nutso. THOUSANDS of people shopping and the malls are unlike anything I’ve seen before. It was an entire street of malls and they were 6 and 7 stories tall!

We did find a speaker and couldn’t take the mall anymore so took the metro to Little India. I’ve just got to say that Singapore is SO easy to get around. The airport was incredibly efficient and so is their metro. Simple to use, easy to read the signs and in the trains it tells you exactly which stop is next. A lovely treat after the screwed up trains in Sydney.

Little India is a slice of India right in Singapore. We had a great lunch of butter chicke and naan and headed back to the hotel around 6pm for the evening. Our wake up call was for 3:30 to catch our flight to Siem Reap and we were tired so we never did experience the nightlife of Singapore. Maybe next time!



Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *