BootsnAll Travel Network



No man is a Mykonos

Okay,

The next updates are going to be in series so I don’t have to do this all at once.  So eventually this will be up to date but for now I am limiting the discussion of this entry to our last days in Greece.

We decided to go to the island of Mykonos.  We decided this in the bar at the hostel in Athens while drinking and talking Champions league with John and Kelly.  This is a slapstick reenactment of my conversation with Jay asking him about Mykonos.

“So is Mykonos a party island?”

“Sort of.  It’s the gay party island.”

“Okay, cool…WHA-WHA-HUH????!!!!!”

 That’s not bigotted.  Mykonos is the gay friendly island.  During the tourist season there are gay clubs and gay beaches.  That’s not to say that it’s a gay-only island.  There are plenty of normal bars and normal beaches.  That, and it wasn’t tourist season yet anyway so the island would be mostly empty. 

Mykonos was fun.  It isn’t quite the tourist season so a lot of things were closed.  We had a beach to ourselves.  Swimming in the Mediterranean was a masochistic ordeal but it was necessary to consider the trip successful.  Everything was cheap though.  We rented a car (E 30) and drove around the whole island, which required some offroading on Jay’s part despite the fact that the car was a Fiat. 

 We returned to Athens for a night and got drunk with Kelly and John again.  This time though, our quiet little watering hole was crowded.  Kelly had a hell of a night but she was sweet enough to wake up and cook us breakfast.  We said our goodbyes and went to the ferry.  Matt had taken off earlier to catch his plane but we will catch back up with him in Oxford.

 Kelly, the bacon needs to be cooked longer.  It should be all brown.

 John, good luck fending off the American ladies.

We had a blast at the Hostel and hope to stay in touch.

Up next I will detail our journey from Athens to Germany.



Tags:

2 Responses to “No man is a Mykonos”

  1. Sanitha Says:

    hey caleb! it sounds like you’re having a lot of fun! guess what?? the girls got a wildcard to regionals so we’re playing on the 29th at naperville polo grounds! hope you have a safe rest of the trip and have fun never being sober 😉 take care!
    ~Sanitha

  2. Posted from United States United States
  3. Brandi Says:

    bacon is good when it is a little soft- I hate bacon that is so crispy it falls apart when you touch it.

  4. Posted from United States United States

Leave a Reply