BootsnAll Travel Network



Thirty-Something Night

Our son, Greg, flew in from Las Vegas for a long weekend last weekend. It is the first time we have been with more than one of the progeny since I can remember…and was great fun…out to dinner at the Pearl Oyster in the West Village after a Staten Island Ferry trip…then a quintessential Manhattan cocktail bar that specializes in Russian vodkas.

Greg met some friends at a velvet rope club (meaning there is a dress code and you have to be accepted in). Amy and Josh, saying it wasn’t their thing, took off to meet some of their friends in a cubby-hole bar for cheap beer and wandered back to the apartment at 5am only to find Greg already asleep. There wasn’t enough room for all of Greg’s party so they split up…not knowing where they were going next. Greg, thinking this was too much work at the ripe old age of 38 had jumped in his own cab and took off for home.

Walking Cobble Hill in Brooklyn we found a “Neighborhoodie” store that sells t-shirts and sweatshirts with custom lettering. Greg had two made…a brown shirt with “Brooklyn Is Better” in baby blue lettering for Amy and a black shirt with “Innocent Bystander” in white. “Oh, but you have to put this under it,” said the young hip female clerk as she showed him a picture of a menacing black Uzi rifle! Which he did.



Tags: , , , , ,

Comments are closed.