BootsnAll Travel Network



Serendipity

When I was in China a couple years ago, I met a lovely British woman in her 30’s using an internet next to me in the bar at the Camellia Hotel in Kunming. We have kept in touch while we each have traveled our separate ways…she spending the last year in South America and Mexico.

She is back home now…an artist printmaker by profession. But she had told me about Alejandro, a long-haired artist who dresses all in white that she spent time with in Oaxaca City. And I had seen his picture she had posted on a photo web site. One day as I was sitting in a cafe on Alcala St. near the Zocalo, I swore I saw Alejandro walk past. I emailed Hester who told me to go up to him next time I saw him and tell him hi for her…which I did yesterday! I emailed her again, saying that he is beautiful, and this was her description of him:

Dear Eunice,
That’s funny about Alejandro. He is beautiful. He is also very interesting to talk to. He is really insightful and we used to just sit and tell each other stories. Good for my spanish….good for his patience! His artwork is really interesting too. I kind of felt we had a teacher and muse thing going on. He liked the fact I was lively and emotional and flitting around (geographically and mentally) and I loved his insights, wisdom and his peaceful self-fulfilled nature.

I am still hoping to make it to Oaxaca round Christmas time. Will keep you posted. Wouldn’t it be great to meet up again after all this time. I really did enjoy our short time getting to know each other in Kunming.

Are you enjoying living in mexico? How do you find life in Oaxaca? Your blogs have been great. It has been so nice for me to keep up to date on everything that is happening there politically and socially and also to hear about the people you meet and friends you’ve made. I felt sort of homesick even though it isn’t my home.

Serendipty friends!



Tags: , , , ,

Comments are closed.