BootsnAll Travel Network



Protesting Donald Trump With Poise

More on the beauty pageant to be staged at Monte Alban:

Auditions to be Held April 18 in New York City Toward a Protest with Poise Aimed at Donald Trump and NBC

By Cha-Cha Connor
Spokesmodel, Popular Assembly of Models for Oaxaca

“In solidarity with the APPO of Oaxaca – Models of the world, unite! Be a part of the most attractive picket protest in history! Join us in New York City on April 18th to audition for the most stylish, the most poised, and the most elegant picket line that Donald Trump and NBC have ever seen.

In May 2007, the Donald Trump Organization and NBC plan to impose the “traditional costume” competition of the world-renowned Miss Universe pageant in the sacred ruins of Monte Albán, Oaxaca. In that same month, local teachers and social movements will be marching in Oaxaca City, as they have each month of May for the past quarter-century, for jobs, dignity, and, for the past year, the fall of the dictator Ulises Ruiz, who now thinks he can use models to justify calling in the police, and brutalizing the teachers in the month of their march.

But we supermodels won’t let it happen. We models aren’t the cheap props of dictators.

For this reason, we have formed the international movement of Supermodels for Oaxaca (APMO, in its Spanish initials). Audition on April 18th to be part of the only social movement that will topple tyranny with beauty and poise – and the only red carpet picket line worth auditioning for.

Design for the APMO tiara by Latuff of Rio de Janeiro. The three symbols rising from the tiara signify liberty, justice and democracy. (Looks like Molatov Cocktails to me.)tiara_sm.jpg

APMO is an equal opportunity international models movement. We welcome models of any age, gender, orientation, race, color, religion, creed, class, problem, whatever. But you’ve got to look great and be elegant, and know how to walk the runway / picket line like a pro. APMO is interested in international solidarity with poise, talent and sex appeal. READ: If you’re ugly, apply for a press pass and get over it.”



Tags: , , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *