BootsnAll Travel Network



Life In Oaxaca

I’m in my apartment and Tonee, the previous tenant who is moving into his new house on the road to Huayapam, is moving out slowly.  In the meantime I am enjoying his furniture…and his cat!

Last weekend I went to a small jazz venue with a friend to listen to her bf blow the sax with his bassist, drummer and guitarist.  About 2/3 of the way through, a short slow moving guy with long hair, dressed in jeans and a tweed jacket, obviously Indio, came in drunk and hugged all the band players…while they were playing.  Two different waitresses asked politely for him to leave but he ignored them until the older matriarch of the cafe came in… in which case he left immediately without a word.  However, he returned shortly, took off his desert boots and began to play one of them to the delight of the clubbers!  We later found out he was a local artist…where else but in Mexico…LOL

But wish someone would have ushered out three young girls, eurotrash,  who were carrying on a loud screechy conversation in spite of all the faces we made…never did figure out what language they were speaking…where else but Mexico…well, maybe some other places too.

Tonight, in my apartment at my computer, I heard classical music coming from the park that my apartment looks over.  I walked out onto the veranda to find a young guy with two girls and a boom box sitting on a park bench.  Always music coming from some direction! Where else but in Mexico.  I love it.



Tags: ,

One response to “Life In Oaxaca”

  1. MF says:

    Ahhhh, sounds great.

    Re apartment, is this the same one as 2 years ago? Such fond memories. And a few odd ones…

    So the hugger guy was playing the desert-boot? Lol. I wonder if that’s a percussion instrument, or a string.

    Re Eurotrash chicks being annoying. Yeah, but hey, they tend to be quite loose – at least back when I was on backpacker trail – so that’s a redeeming feature.

    Who you hanging with? Same people? Watch out for those sneaky sellers of Mexican wedding shirts … even those who run law offices…

    And … go to the Casa de M for me.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *