BootsnAll Travel Network



Koh Samui

I arrived on Samui, an island in the south of Thailand, from Bangkok on tuesday. Doug, my son and his Thai wife Luk found me a lovely quiet hotel with a pool right in the middle of Lamai but back off the street. Of course there was a method to their madness…Luk loves the pool but last night, she hit the bottom and chipped a tooth. She’ll have it fixed in Trang, where she is from, when we take Ting Tong (their Shamitzu) to stay with her mother while we all go to Kuala Lumpur next month. Prices much lower in Trang.

Bought an internet card at the IT Internet Complex up on the ring road so now if I walk up to the 2nd floor veranda of the hotel I can get WiFi reception on my computer. There is WiFi access over much of the island now.

Hard to believe how much Samui has developed since I was here two years ago. And the government has recently eased up on foreign investment after having previously clamped down. But a welcome change from noisy smoggy Bangkok. Blue sky…blue water…eye candy.



Tags: , , , , , , , ,

3 responses to “Koh Samui”

  1. Nick says:

    Hi
    I’m going down to Samui at the end of August. My girlfriend has mentioned the Lamai Perfect but i’ve not been able to find much on the web bar your post and a couple of Russian entries.
    Do you have any more info on the resort – a web address would be great.
    Cheers
    Nick

  2. Eunice (Zoe) says:

    I’m in the Lamai Perfect Resort…fairly new…1000 baht
    a night if you stay a month. I’ll post pics.

  3. Weather has been very nice here for the last few weeks – though blistering hot at times.

    So what hotel are you in? Yes, Samui is certainly developing rapidly . . .

    Have a wonderful stay and thanks for posting!

    Paul
    The Best of Samui
    Samui Island Hotels

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *