BootsnAll Travel Network



Joshua Visits His Mother

Well, enough of politics and the weariness of world crises.

When I couldn’t get a visa for a three day trip to Burma (should have used a travel agent instead of going to the embassy myself) and to keep from losing the money for the flight, my Thai friend and I changed the destination to Hanoi. The whole junket was ill-conceived so I shall not talk about it. Glad to be back in BKK.

On the bright side, my son Josh has accepted a position as Chef de Cuisine at the American Club in Hong Kong.  The American Club has nothing to do with America, Josh says, so will have to find out why it is named this. His wife Amy will be teaching history at an international school there. So while waiting for the movers to pack up his things in Beijing, he is flying to Bangkok on the 9th to see his mother and have some dental work done. Or rather he will have some dental work done and see his mother! On the 11th we will taxi it down to Hua Hin for a couple days so Josh can get a little beach time.

Am also waiting to welcome old friends from Josh’s dad’s medical school days who are flying in today.

I fly out to PDX on the 15th. Will be nice to be out of the heat after four months in Asia.



Tags: , , , , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *