BootsnAll Travel Network



How To Impress The Inlaws

Thanksgiving morning Bob took off for the New York Athletic Club and his ritual Starbucks ice-coffee thinking we would have plenty of time to do the turkey before Amy arrived with her mother who was flying in from Denver at 5pm. Josh had to do turkey at the Tocqueville-his restaurant-of course.

Earlier that day I had watched Oprah make her favorite pomegranate martini so not wanting to miss something good-we indulged. But then Amy brought a bottle of my favorite whiskey-Makers Mark-and of course I had to have a glass or two. This is my excuse for a poor dried-out TG turkey!

Fearing the turkey wouldn’t get done in time I turned up the gas oven which resulted in every ounce of moisture being wrung out of the bird…leaving about three inches of grease and broth in the bottom of the cheezy aluminum pan. When I finally got my wits about me at about 8:30 and decided it was time to get the turkey out, Bob almost set himself on fire when spilled-over grease hit the bottom of the oven.

Thank goodness for Amy’s green-bean dish, her great grandmother’s corn-bread stuffing and her wonderful refrigerated pumpkin roll.



Tags: , ,

Comments are closed.