BootsnAll Travel Network



Hong Kong

I did it! It’s 9pm January 22 here now. Never going to take long 20 hour plane flight again! Will stop off somewhere…anywhere…Hawaii…Figi…anywhere! Fast efficient train to Kowloon and then taxi to the Star Guesthouse on Cameron Rd. 6th floor of a big building. I stayed just down the street at the Lee Garden before…same owner…friendly Charlie Chan. My room is just big enough for a single bed and TV…and small bathroom…and broadband internet access. U.S. $40 per night but it works just fine…friendly helpful staff. Access to refrigerator, microwave and hot water kettle. I will feel at home here for 8 days until I take the train to Guangzhou and then plane to Beijing where son Josh and his wife Amy will pick me up at the Beijing Airport.

Tomorrow I will find a computer store and buy hardware for Josh’s Mac computer. And apply for a China visa…double entry…30 days each. The visa is about 6 times more expensive for U.S. and UK tourists than for others. Sliding scale I guess. Similar in some post-colonial African countries.

Tonight, sushi across the street.



Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *