BootsnAll Travel Network



Calderon Takes Oath Of Office

It was reported on a discussion site that “Felipe Calderon took the oath of office as president of Mexico this morning in a ceremony that lasted four minutes. The house of legislators came to blows several times before he arrived, and the shouting continued throughout with a pause for the national anthem.

The PFP surrounded the building.

The video camera showed Arnold Shwarzeneger approaching the chamber, smiling as if he were about to be interviewed as a star presence. I think the whole thing ended before he got in the door.”

It has also been reported in the Mexican media that the Governor has a list of 100 foreigners they are looking to arrest that helped out the resistance here. I imagine these are mostly journalists and others from countries like Cuba and Venezuela. But some expats here are worried that their visas won’t be renewed if they have been found supporting APPO.

I want to make it clear that I have posted no articles to any foreign press nor have given any financial or other assistance to the APPO nor to anyone supporting APPO. I do scan blogs and discussion sites for information that I can use to assess my safety here. As a foreign expat I am keeping a very low profile. I don’t want to risk not being let back into the country.



Tags: , ,

One response to “Calderon Takes Oath Of Office”

  1. MF says:

    Arnold’s after you? Cool! Check to see if he’s naked, though, because when he is he tends to kill people for their clothes.

    And oh yeah make sure your name’s not Sarah Connor.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *