BootsnAll Travel Network



Village of Benito Juarez

Last week Ana, Steve and their 3 year old Oscar and I drove to Tlacalula and then west on a winding road high in the Sierra del Norte to the tiny village of Benito Juarez. I parked the car near an intersection where a pick-up was parked in front of us on the road. Along comes a truck and smacks right into the back of the pickup…just didn’t stop! Broke the taillight and dented the pickup…but no one got angry…in fact they just chuckled and looked at the rear of the pickup and took off again. I was amazed how different this scene would have been in the States.

After walking around and taking pictures for awhile we ate freshly caught trucha (trout) stuffed with cheese and herbs at a small comedor…with hand made blue corn tortillas and bowls of hot coffee with a dash of Rompope. Then back home on a much better paved road than the one we drove up on. On the way down we picked up a child and a couple women with bags of flowers who were waiting for a bus to take them to a market at the bottom of the mountain. They gave us a beautiful flower and offered to pay for the ride. No way said Ana!



Tags: ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *