BootsnAll Travel Network



Bayonne & Biarritz

knQlFSdvbI6pWFyrlGKiaM-2006172134815236.gif

Bayonne is a beautiful Basque town in the south of France. I would not be surprised if the movie “Chocolat” was made here. We were told that Bayonne had almost a hundred chocolate shops; when the Jews were trying to avoid the Pogroms they made a living by making chocolate candy.

Upon inquiring about accessing the internet in my room, the young girl at the front desk in my hotel said vehemently “I __ate the internet!” I asked why and she said because it was difficult and besides that it was new! I told her about my troubles finding the internet in Paris. She laughed; she understood perfectly, she said! Later, I walked into a computer education store that was run by a man whose first language was Senegalese but who had married and had been living in France 20 years. I told him all about all my internet experiences and he laughed. “Yes, France is a little slow with the internet” he says.

Biarritz, on the Pacific coast, is the surfing capital of Europe…young kids with surf boards and kayaks covering the beaches.



Tags: , , , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *