BootsnAll Travel Network



An Italian Night Out

I had been walking past this nice (nice is when there are table cloths and the waiter puts the napkin in your lap) Italian restaurant on Sukhumvit 20 for two months now…with Osso Bucco (lamb shank) advertised on an outdoor sign.  I remembered how good it tasted when I had it in New york in 2005, so tonight I decided to treat myself.  It didn’t taste as I remembered it, however, as the sauce was much stronger and more dense than the one I had eaten before. So that hankering is satisfied and done with anyway!

In Mexico, when patrons get up from their table to leave a restaurant, it is considered polite to say “provecho,” (much like bon apetit) to the people at the nearest table. So this time as I was leaving my table I nodded and automatically said “provecho” to this German family who looked at me like I was nuts.  Got to remember where I am!

And now that my dental work is almost finished I’ve got to figure out where and when I am going next…



Tags: ,

2 responses to “An Italian Night Out”

  1. Eunice (Zoe) says:

    Thanks for the note, Michelle! Nice to know someone is reading and enjoying!

    Blogs are a great place for information and inspiration. If you want to travel…YOU WILL!

    Sawadee Pee Mai (Thai for Happy New Year!

  2. Michelle says:

    Happy New Year 🙂

    I just discovered your blog. And I have to say it’s such an inspiration! I admire you for travelling the world, going to exciting places and eating fantastic foods. Being sixteen I have seen so little of the world. When I am older I hope to be able to travel the world like you do!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *