BootsnAll Travel Network



Message From Doctora Berta

I received this information on a discussion site just now from a local expatriot who lives here:

“For those of you who might not know, Dr. Muñoz, a medical doctor, became the preeminent voice of the popular movement on the university’s radio station throughout the period of the most intense conflict in 2006. She and her two sons were forced to go into hiding shortly after the massive attack by the militarized PFP (the so-called Federal Preventive Police) the night of 25-26 November 2006.”

The expat says: “I received a note that Doctora Berta Elena Muñoz sent yesterday evening with the following message:”

Dr. Berta says:

“The following information was just sent to me. I think it should be disseminated:

One of my old comrades tells me that URO will require that people in whom he has confidence in the government sectors go to the hill [Cerro Fortin, where the Guelaguetza Stadium is located] on Monday in order to show the public that Oaxaca is in support of him. Furthermore, he will seek to be attacked in order to impact and damage the image of the APPO and to make use of repression….I think you can make use of this information in order to prevent and evade Uro’s plans.”

The expat says he wrote back to her and a few others:

Skirmishes should be avoided if at all possible. Of course many of the older people in APPO and Section 22 and in allied groups realize all this, but among younger people in the movement I think there’s still a great need for education. Che ought no longer be an idol for the youth.”



Tags: ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *