BootsnAll Travel Network



7 Temples in Ayuttaya

My friend Jiraporn invited me to go with her and one of her friends to visit a childhood friend who is a public prosecutor in Ayuttaya-a couple hours north of Bangkok.  The city is the site of the old capitol of Thailand and was burned down by the Burmese about 400 years ago so there are a lot of temple ruins. But plenty of intact newer ones too! Little did I know I would be trudging from one temple to another for most of the day in the heat.  I am really well-blessed for the coming New Year!  As we were walking up to one unique temple there stood about 6 huge brightly colored roosters.  No Buddah.  What’s with the roosters, I asked Jiraporn.  This is a temple in honor of the First King Rama who loved cockfighting, she said. OMG.  Ancient values. I came home exhausted.

Tonight, Christmas eve for me, I met met two Thai women for dinner and conversation…so they can practice English they say. 😉 So after a bit of confusion we finally found each other at one of the Thaksin Saphin skytrain exits. I followed them to where we were have dinner…McDonalds!  One of them lives upcountry and works for herself as a business consultant and the other works in a bank…Luk is her name…the same name as my daughter-in-law!

Tomorrow morning I will catch a bus for Pattaya to spend Christmas Day with Bob.  Wonder if he will cook dinner for me. 🙂



Tags: , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *