BootsnAll Travel Network



Don’t Call it a Comeback…

…well, what do you know, this blog finally has a pulse here in 2008!

We’ll skip the string of useless excuses, etc., and not waste everyone’s time. First off, hello to everyone who may (hopefully) be reading this. As you may (or may not) know, Cheryl and Mike are currently in New Zealand, continuing their feverish tour across the globe (albeit at a much more pleasant locale/pace, with the added bonus of not being completely in Third-World countries!). NZ has been fantastic, we’ve emailed most of you with (some) details so far. Currently we’re residing in a really cool beach town (w/Mtns. not too far away) called Nelson, located in the northern part of the South Island of NZ. Right along the coast, beaches within a stones’ throw (we’ve been hitting them as much as we can), absolutely beautiful. The weather’s been in the mid-80s, TONS of sunshine, full on summer over here. The Wyoming/U.S. winter seems VERY far away, we must say. Incredible country with very interesting/fun/friendly people. BUT, enough about New Zealand for now…

The FIRST thing we wanted to do, due to OVERWHELMING demand from our reader-hood, was to finally…at long last…wait for it….wait….POST PICS! If you scroll below, you’ll see the goods. Now, we made them a bit on the larger side, rather than thumnails, so it may take a bit to pull up on your screen. Sorry, but this way we figured you could enjoy them more, rather than them being a bunch of small thumbnails (which, unfortunately, we couldn’t figure out/don’t think it’s possible to just put a bunch of small thumbnails that you could just click on and a bigger pic would just pop up. Again, you get what you pay for with these blogs, which, in this case, incidentally is nothing).

SO enjoy the below. The first half is Nepal, and it gradually turns to India. We’ve given brief descriptions, we plan on going back and adding more info, gradually. We already started the New Zealand collection, but, we’re taking it one step at a time here, so we’ll get to them eventually (I’m sure everyone collectively groaned…we promise it will be before 2009).

So, enjoy for now. We hope this works. BIG ups to Cheryl for loading a bunch of the pics, and doing alot of the legwork (while Mike just sat back and typed sarcastic dialog). We look forward to hearing you feedback…if anyone has any questions on any of the pics, please feel free to ask us for further explanation, etc. Hope everyone is doing well. Also, we’ve been pretty busy over here, but we’ll try to update as much as possible from here on out. Hopefully we’ll be able to get pics up more consistantly now, with more current stuff of what we’re doing. Until next time…so long!

Cheryl & Mike

PB106615.jpg

MIKE & CHERYL

Durbar Square, Kathmandu
DURBAR SQUARE

Rickshaw Driver
RICKSHAW DRIVER

Kathmandu
KATHMANDU

Prayer Wheels
PRAYER WHEELS

Kathmandu
MONKEY TEMPLE

monks,nepal,monkeytemple.jpg
MONKS & MONKEY TEMPLE

Women
PRAYER FLAGS

PA2960961.jpg
WOMEN & RICE

stupa,mike.jpg
BONATH STUPA

Namche Baazar
VIEW FROM TEAHOUSE, NAMCHE

PA316226.jpg
NAMCHE BAZAAR, EVEREST REGION

PA306163.jpg
SHERPAS

PA316228.jpg
SHERPAS

PA3162061.jpg
NAMCHE BAZAAR

firsteverstview.jpg
FIRST EVEREST VIEW

PB016255.jpg
THAME VALLEY

PB016282.jpg
THAME

viewfromthame.jpg
VIEW OF THAME VALLEY

PB036370 (Medium).jpg
EVERST! (tallest mountain in background with Goyko Lakes)

PB046385 (Small).jpg
Gokyo Lake

PB056400 (Small).jpg
Mike & Cheryl

PB056405 (Small).jpg
Ganga (our wonderful guide) & Huge Glacier

VTview.jpg
VT!!

PB066434 (Small).jpg
YAKS & MORE YAKS, everywhere on the trails

PB076464.jpg
Thengboche (cool monestary)

PB086508.jpg
MORE SHERPAS

PB086516.jpg
Prayer Wheel

PB086525.jpg
AMA DABLAM

PB096558.jpg
RAW MEAT, YUMMY

PB096582.jpg
SHERPA BASKETS

PB106612.jpg
GREAT AIRPORT, if the pilot missed the takeoff you crash down the mountain, short & sweet!

PB106613.jpg

pokhara.jpg
POKHARA, ANNAPURNA REGION

PB216818.jpg
ELEPHANT RIDE, CHITWAN PARK

PB216840.jpg
RHINO BUTTS, CHITWAN

PB216778.jpg
CROCODILE

NOW FOR INDIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

redfort.jpg
RED FORT, DELHI

oldcitydelhi.jpg
OLD CITY, DELHI

oldcitydelhi2.jpg
OLD CITY

PB277113.jpg

PB277114.jpg

PB277116.jpg
LOVELY TRAIN PICS, MIKE LOOKS WONDERFUL!!

PB256910.jpg
VARANASI, BATHING IN GANGES RIVER

PB267053.jpg
VARANASI

PB256966.jpg
HOLY COW

PB257020.jpg
MORE PEOPLE

PB256918.jpg
VARANASI

PB257021.jpg
BIKES

PB297222.jpg
EARLY EARLY MORNING TAJ MAHAL!

PC027336.jpg
CAMEL WORKING

PC057497.jpg
PINK CITY, JAIPUR

PC047434.jpg
MIKE’s NEW FRIEND

big blue city.jpg
BLUE CITY, JODHPUR

jaisalmer.jpg
GOLD CITY, JAISALAMER

Hooka man.jpg
SMOKING THE PIPE

cheryl&mke&desert.jpg
THAR DESERT

mike&camel.jpg
MIKE & ROCKET the CAMEL

cows.jpg
MORE COWS

jaislamer fort.jpg
JAISALAMER



Tags:

11 responses to “Don’t Call it a Comeback…”

  1. Stephanie says:

    Hello! I really enjoyed looking at these pictures as did Coty and Kiersten. Coty & Kiersten can’t believe the cows are just running free in the city, really me either. It’s great that you both are having such a blast and I can’t wait to hear more about your adventure. Love you lots! Stephanie

  2. Lynne says:

    Good to have you back. Loved the pics. I stole the one of you two (the closeup) for my computer. Mike’s beard is at the perfect length and Cheryl just looks adorable. I’ll look into the computer phone thing and get back to you on that. It’s great to hear that you are still enjoying your time together and appreciating all that New Zealand has to offer. What a ride it’s been for you. Keep taking care of yourselves and each other. Love you and miss you! Are you hearing anything at all over there about the democratic primary? It’s soooo exciting this year. Super Tuesday coming up . . . Go Obama – Change the World!!

  3. TK (and Jenn) says:

    Amazing!! So good to hear from you guys. The pics are absolutely beautiful. We’re very jealous. It’s Super Bowl Sunday here in the states. VT is third in the ACC – looking to make a run at the NCAA tournament. The Pens are hanging in there – despite Crosby being out with a ankle injury. Keep the updates coming!

  4. Alfy says:

    Hey guys,
    Loved the pictures! I am so happy you went on this trip and have had the chance to see so many new things. I can’t wait to hear more stories.

    Not sure if anyone noticed, but Mike and Dan look strangely like the same person in the Taj picture!

    So when do you guys get back stateside??

  5. Alina says:

    Hey Cous!

    So great to hear from you.

    Thanks for uploading the pictures BIG…they are gorgeous and great to look at without squinting!

    Wow, what a trip you are having! I hope you post more later…looking forward to more.

    Stay safe, and have a great time. Take care.
    Love,
    Alina

  6. tracy and rob says:

    Mike why is your camel named Rocket? Thanks for the pics! It is great to hear from you. I am really getting tired of the thigh deep powder and would love to see the sun again…..

  7. Courtney & Ben says:

    You guys look great! Can’t wait to meet up in a few weeks!! Keep the pics coming….Tracy-I can actually say, I feel your pain about the powder!! Come on sun…..;o)

  8. Robin says:

    Great pictures and I have to say Mike looks like a real tourist in the Monkey temple picture. Now I think you need to apply for the AR – you’d be great. nrRobinnrnr

  9. CN says:

    Good pictures Cheryl.
    Have fun and be careful around those kiwi’s. Be sure to constantly bring up how they are all descended from convicts, they love hearing that.

  10. CN says:

    Make sure Dad doesn’t eat any seafood. Why is Trey Anastasio in all these pictures with you?

  11. admin says:

    Hey everyone, thanks for the replies. It really makes us feel good that everyone’s enjoying this…and it’s fun for us to share it as well! Quick answers to some ?’s:

    Trace: That was the camel’s name. Or at least that’s what the 10-yr.old kid who was my guide named him.

    Alfy: We’re going to be back in the States in April (I’m actually hoping to be able to attend DPS’ bachelor party). Speaking of Dan, we probably look the same because of the glasses…I hardly ever wear them. That, and the matching beard-set.

    Robin: What’s the AR? I could do a great tourist-impression checking into the lodge this summer if you want…

    CN- We’ll make sure Doug N. orders extra Shrimp at every meal.

    Everyone else, thanks for the comments. We’re working on putting up some more pics right now (resizing, etc.), so hopefully they’ll be up soon.

    PS- What a Super Bowl!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *