BootsnAll Travel Network



t-minus six weeks and counting

yesterday jess and i went to get passport-sized pictures taken for some of the foreign visas we’ll need on our trip. standing in costco waiting for the photos to develop, we realized it was a tuesday! we leave on a tuesday! so we busted out the calendar and realized that we were at 6 weeks to takeoff. can you believe it??

we’re starting to get all the loose ends tied now, planning places to stay, picking out our travel insurance policies, taking care of all our shots and vaccines, getting rid of the excess stuff (still! i know, why oh why do i have so much crap?) and planning LOTS of good-bye parties. haha… i can’t believe that in six weeks at this time i will be on a plane heading to hong kong.

(well, actually i CAN believe it. i’ve been planning to do something like this forever… i’m just so excited to be finally turning my daydreams into reality!)

i came across this idea on the lifehack website this morning: “If you only had six months to live, would you do what you are doing now? You can only answer ‘yes’ to this question if what you are doing matters to you. Doing what matters to you is a sure way to excellence since you will do it with all your heart. But you need the courage to be different and follow your heart. Do you have it? I hope your answer is yes. Life is too precious to be lived in mediocrity.”

if i only had six months to live, i think they’d probably be some of the happiest of my life… in six months at this time we’ll be just returning home from our adventure… looking forward to taking off in six weeks, and coming back in six months… yay!

another interesting article here from one of my favorite blogs… it’s about a group of people who made a pact not to buy anything new for a whole year – they’re either recycling, borrowing, or buying second-hand whatever they need, except for essentials like food, medicine, etc. which leads to another question: how much of what you fork over cash for each day is REALLY a necessity? could you get away with reusing something you already have? we’d all save lots of money and lots of space in landfills if we thought about this before each purchase.

food for thought for the day… less than six weeks and counting!!!! =)



Tags: ,

One response to “t-minus six weeks and counting”

  1. christy says:

    yayah!! so exciting! great site malia.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *